Notices

Mini Meltdown

Old 04-24-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mini Meltdown

So when i end up drunk and start regretting it i end up giving my mum my bank card and i.d. Because there to two things that stop me from having money to buy drink and as i look quite young for my age i get asked for i.d everywhere.

But out of no where i just started screaming and demanding my bank card and i.d and i was adamant that i wanted it, but i genuinely don't want a drink but for some strange reason i just wanted them two things back when actually there is no money in the bank any way. Then i started crying so bad like some had killed my dog and i just couldn't think straight. So then after i stopped i started to think more rationally and started to question why i was so adamant to get my bank card and i.d back because im not going out anywhere...which made me think maybe its the addiction without me realising it sounds crazy right !! I ended up giving everything back and feeling a sigh of relief and happy again.

i have read something about urges and riding the wave...could that be what it was ?!
Old 04-24-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Our emotions can definintely get out of whack in early sobriety, and there can definitely be highs and lows. Are you getting enough to eat, and sleeping alright?
Old 04-24-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Urge surfing is riding the wave when the urge/craving happens http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

I agree with Scott early sobriety is a rollercoaster of emotions but were here to help every step of the way ((((()))))
Old 04-24-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Our emotions can definintely get out of whack in early sobriety, and there can definitely be highs and lows. Are you getting enough to eat, and sleeping alright?
yeah im eating fine i mean i have breakfast lunch and dinner in sleeping a little to much i think but its a broken sleep i keep having the weirdest dreams as well...?!
Old 04-24-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

MJ,
I'm 3 months sober and my emotions are starting to level out. In the early weeks though, I found myself getting quite emotional and/or aggressive at intermittent periods, and I erupted at a family member as well (for something completely irrelevant). I also had the weird, vivid dreams. You are weathering the storm well, keep it up
Old 04-24-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Early recovery is a time of some pretty wild emotional swings. It will settle down I promise

Read Soberwolf's urge surfing link.
It's not something that happens to you - it's a tool you can use to deal with cravings MJ.

D
Old 04-24-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awh thank you guys makes me feel alot better knowing im not going crazy !!

this applies to women i feel like im having constant PMS im crying for nothing its mental haha

MJ x.x