SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   day 1 of sobriety (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/365503-day-1-sobriety.html)

jesslexus 04-24-2015 05:54 AM

day 1 of sobriety

Hi all I have been trying to quit for sometime now but finally think I have the right mind set . Nearly 9 months ago I was diagnosed with b12 deficiency not helped by being veggy lol but now my gums are seriously receding so it's now or never I've been reading all your stories good and bad which has speared me on to conquer this battle once and for all here goes!!!

LBrain 04-24-2015 05:59 AM

welcome to the forum. are you ready to quit?

Soberwolf 04-24-2015 06:02 AM

Welcome JessLexus

jesslexus 04-24-2015 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by LBrain (Post 5334844)
welcome to the forum. are you ready to quit?

I certainly am ready!!

jesslexus 04-24-2015 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by soberwolf (Post 5334846)
Welcome JessLexus

Thank you kindly

Rush2112 04-24-2015 06:17 AM

I have a love-hate relationship with day 1. Sure feels nice the morning of day 2.

jesslexus 04-24-2015 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Rush2112 (Post 5334888)
I have a love-hate relationship with day 1. Sure feels nice the morning of day 2.

I look forward to day 2

PurpleKnight 04-24-2015 12:23 PM

Welcome to the Forum JessLexus!! :wave:

SoberLeigh 04-24-2015 12:28 PM

Welcome, jesslexus, to SR.

Live2Run25 04-24-2015 12:36 PM

Welcome!!!

jesslexus 04-25-2015 09:16 AM

So I've managed it to day 2 but all I want to do is sleep and eat difficult being a single mum and running a business but where has this temper come from I can't believe how angry I feel I have a sore throat from all the shouting I'm going to buy my daughter some ear plugs lol is this normal?????

Soberwolf 04-25-2015 09:31 AM

This is normal Jess i was a bag of emotions your doing really well

I swear as the days & months go by it will get easier

Congrats on day 2 reach out if you start to crave or urge dont throw away your progress

If i can help just by listening send a pm bud

newpage119 04-25-2015 09:33 AM

Being exhausted is perfectly normal too!
It gets better, just keep pushing!:You_Rock_

jesslexus 04-25-2015 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by soberwolf (Post 5337206)
This is normal Jess i was a bag of emotions your doing really well

I swear as the days & months go by it will get easier

Congrats on day 2 reach out if you start to crave or urge dont throw away your progress

If i can help just by listening send a pm bud

thankyou

Incontrol15 04-25-2015 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by jesslexus (Post 5337193)
So I've managed it to day 2 but all I want to do is sleep and eat difficult being a single mum and running a business but where has this temper come from I can't believe how angry I feel I have a sore throat from all the shouting I'm going to buy my daughter some ear plugs lol is this normal?????

CONGRATS ON MAKING IT TO DAY 2!!! :a122:

What you're going through is absolutely normal!! I bet nearly 100% of us here have experienced it.

Expect the dragon inside you to be a big baby today. Treat it like one. When your baby saw something it wanted and you said NO, your daughter may have been known to throw a tantrum or two, right? :react

There's a few ways to address it. The one that I always wanted to do was beat some sense into my kids and let em know every time they throw a tantrum like that, they can expect more. But, that wouldn't be too healthy. lol. Not an option for the dragon either.

You can ignore it. Sure you'll hear it, but don't acknowledge it. You can move on with something. Make yourself busy physically or in mind, like reading. Researching alcoholism and sobriety is good. Can be a hot romance novel. Doesn't matter. Ignore it. It'll tire out on it's own.

You can attempt to reason with it. It may strengthen your belief in your decision and probably will reaffirm just how immature it is when it wont listen to reason.

It wont be easy. Tantrums will still upset you. The more you deal with them, the easier they are to handle. And before you know it, they learn that tantrums don't get the results they are looking for.

You've probably read it a hundred times....It'll get easier.
You may not believe it. But it DOES and it happens before you know it. Just know that every time you give in to the tantrum, the more you are reinforcing it's behavior.

Spend your time researching how to deal with that emotion then start practicing what you learn. Not all tricks will work. It may take a few attempts to find what does. We're all different. But the simple process of researching is reaffirming YOUR mind that YOU are taking steps to solve a problem. You quickly teach your subconscious: you have a problem to deal with and there are solutions.

You'll be in a spot very soon where you'll look back in disbelief. You'll be strong, proud, happy, and successful!