Notices

scared and new

Old 06-24-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

25 days and still determined

Hi guys.
I haven't had alcohol for 25 days and despite being on a scary 13 hour boat trip which was horrendous still having vertigo, and a weekend in Amsterdam (I dont do drugs so this was not an issue), I remained sober but swaying like I had been drinking for hours lol.
I have no intention of having an alcohol whatsoever.
I read the post I did about my son when I was so drunk I couldnt remember what was going on and know I will not do that to him or me again. I get hives easily and the anxiety is awful, but that too will pass and I dont want the cycle to start again just because I have a relentless AV.
Thanks for reading. Its helps having people who understand the highs and lows doesn't it. Xx
Old 06-24-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi bluesky! I just read the thread. 25 days is great. It all takes time, patience, commitment and perseverance. You're making progress so please keep on coming.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:19 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Hi bluesky! I just read the thread. 25 days is great. It all takes time, patience, commitment and perseverance. You're making progress so please keep on coming.
Thanks Saskia. I read your original thread and can really identify with you having the same operation about 6 years ago, no longer being able to eat copious amounts and quitting smoking too, alcohol was the next addiction to turn to. Reading your thread helped me see that, thank you.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

So basically a month sober, that's great. We all know this is easier said than done, but just keep going, it's all going to be brand new, both the highs and the lows. But it will all be done with a clear head and no BS from alcohol dragging you down. I'm not a big cheerleader, but I say great job.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's so good to see you bluesky - proud of you for those 25 days.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear from you bluesky - congratulations

D