Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

I really need help, really, I need help please much respect I am sorry

Notices

I really need help, really, I need help please much respect I am sorry

Old 04-24-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Tom is da man Jeremy.

Hope you feel better soon.
I'm off to bed

D
Old 04-24-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good night my friend.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Dig in and give everything you've got.

My daughters are a huge part of why I've chosen sobriety.

You will be so much more for your daughter and experience so much more from her and from your life in sobriety!!!

You can do this and you will be amazed the difference it brings.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you Free Owl, I've chosen sobriety and for better or worse time to ride this train and see what happens.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:57 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Adventurer

If you like Tom Waits you should watch the movie The book of Eli, he has a small part in it.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Do your best

Are you going to apply for inpatient ?
Old 04-24-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Living on day at a time living one moment at a time excepting hardships as a pathway to peace.

I pray this multiple times daily. It works for me
Old 04-24-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

You know well what you can and should do to remain sober, Jeremy. They were discussed here on SR also many times with you. Like Della said, you have great resources available to you, but the resources unfortunately cannot do the work for you, you got to do it with the help. So, how to do it? Why not just follow suggestions and instructions without critiquing and rebelling. It's really not rocket science my friend: you just follow those things, get into the programs etc. If one is not enough, you add more. That's how it's done, Jeremy. From this thread again, I apologize for being direct as usually, but I feel you are getting into distractions and are manipulating people to support those distractions. You are starting another one of the same cycle. The cycle needs to be broken, not continued!

Why don't you tell us about what you are learning in outpatient treatment instead? Yeah I know you did a little bit yesterday in your other thread, but even that was composed in a way that was not truly supportive of your goals. There you said you put recovery first, before family and anything. Now you talk about your daughter again. See how all these things are interconnected? They cannot be tackled in a random order though and without steely determination and honest effort. You got to stay sober, medicated, and then you might get a chance to have your daughter back somewhere down the road. Not in any other way. Doing it "one day at a time" might be best for you, I agree with Dee and others.

I think it's clear what you need to do, and you have a variety of options to approach it. But you need to follow up and stick with it. Why don't you make an ongoing thread where you discuss what you do for your recovery each day, maybe multiple times? Instead of starting many. Or join the monthly class there and talk to people who are in a similar situation -- you might get a chance to receive continuous attention and also practice giving your attention to others in a consistent way. Develop focus. That's all I can say really. There is no magic in getting and staying sober, it's a process that requires commitment, follow-up, continuous effort, and getting the right kind of help. The first few months can be a rocky road and often unpleasant but once you pass that stage, everything starts to go more smoothly. You just never crossed that line yet, I think... never gave yourself a chance to experience the true benefits of sobriety.

I hope you feel better soon.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post
Thank you Free Owl, I've chosen sobriety and for better or worse time to ride this train and see what happens.
Choosing sobriety and waiting to see what happens is not a sobriety plan TDG. You know that and you've known it for a very long time now. You also know EXACTLY what you need to do to beat this. I hope you someday make the choice to do it.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

You need a plan every day.
You need a plan up front for what to do when you get a craving or you're "bored."
You need a plan for triggers.
You need short term and long term goals. Short term goals at the start.

AA can help significantly with all of the above.

The progression of alcoholism is very predictable. It won't just fix itself. You have to put in the hard work.

As Scott said, choosing sobriety and then white knuckling it will land you in the same spot again. You know what Einstein said about the definition of insanity, right?
Old 04-24-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good luck to you Jeremy. You can do this!
Old 04-24-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Jeremy you've referenced "riding this rock" (I assume in reference to your profile picture) and "riding this train".

I wish you the courage to take sustained action.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Imabuleva aren't those words to live by, thank you. I need a plan of action and to be prepared in any situation.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

"You also know EXACTLY what you need to do to beat this. I hope you someday make the choice to do it." Honestly Scott is this a reference to inpatient, I don't know?
Old 04-24-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Ultramarathoner, actually in reference to " riding this" I wrote a pretty lengthy paper in college about " riding this", the paper was talking about change and acceptance. In short it was about how we can change, but sometimes we need to accpet who we are. Quite astute that you picked up on my word usage, as I was very proud of this paper.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:18 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

"You also know EXACTLY what you need to do to beat this. I hope you someday make the choice to do it." Honestly Scott is this a reference to inpatient, I don't know?
I'll ask you - what do you think you need to do? What are you learning in your outpatient program?
Old 04-24-2015, 12:07 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Do your best

Remember i had a sister in a 6 month rehab ?

Shes now 6+ Months sober & waiting to move into a sober house for 2 years for aftercare shes doing exellent this could be you

Sorry Jeremy its always the same i love you as a brother you know that so im not going to lie to you nor should i

You know in your heart your struggling on a daily basis and i get i really do get that YOU want to do it YOUR way but your way isnt working

This isnt to hurt your feelings or to upset you at this point what else is there to try ?

You have tried everything J pls just pick up the phone and ask for help

Nothing changes if nothing changes i would choose inpatient over a job because if im not well and struggling with alcoholism a job isnt going to help im sorry but it didnt before

again i speak with the love of a brother if you are serious about getting help then get help

Sending all the strenght & wisdom to you to make that call

spk soon brother
Old 04-24-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

My friend Soberwolf, don't you know it, I do my things my way. I also don't get offended often. I am working it the best I can, I am going to counseling everyweek and outpatient classes starting next week. I am sober and inpatient, I can't do inpatient, too scared and nervous, I need my wife she is my rock and helps me stay grounded quite a bit. I am taking my medication and in the last month, I've been leaving the house again and today I have the potential to interview for a job, I am working on going up.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I am going to counseling everyweek and outpatient classes starting next week. I am sober and inpatient, I can't do inpatient, too scared and nervous,
What happened to the outpatient program you started a few weeks ago? To be brutally honest, you should be far more scared of what will happen if you DONT seek treatment. You yourself have admitted in the past that Inpatient treatment is the only way, and many here agree. A lot can happen between now and next week.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Do your best

You have been down this road mutiple times where has it got you ?

Jeremy for the love of crab ragoon pls just go inpatient and get the help you need left to your own devices......well like i said you've been down this road

Insanity = Doing the same thing over & over expecting diffrent results

You need your wife ??? Jeremy you need yourself man !!!

love you brother not going to lie to you im giving it to you straight

What makes this time diffrent ? (please i know roughly what your going to say)

Read your last post very carefully i think your answer lies in your last post