SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 2 for me (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/365353-day-2-me.html)

aflo1 04-22-2015 07:45 AM

Day 2 for me

Slept like 12 hours last night. Felt depressed. After work my wife asked me to pick up some sandwich meat for the kids lunch. I could here in her voice she regretted asking me. I told her I could do it. Seeing all the beer and alcohol displays was hard but made it home.
Only to feel a bit lost and feeling like all I wanted to do is sleep. My birthday is soon. I just feel lost. I want this so bad. I want to be better for me, my wife and kids. I woke up dry heaving.
Good to have my wife in corner. But I found myself fantasizing about a relapse months down the road

firstymer 04-22-2015 07:50 AM

Just worry about today, aflo1. Know that you are doing the right thing for you and for your family.

Bear down, grit your teeth, and get through the day.

Good luck. We are here for you. :hug:

ScottFromWI 04-22-2015 07:59 AM

Congrats on day 2 aflo. The first few days of physical withdrawals are they toughest, your body is not used to being sedated all the time and it needs time to heal. Consider yourself fortunate to be able to sleep...insomnia is sometimes a problem early on too.

Just remember that withdrawals are only temporary....you should start feeling a big improvement in the upcoming days. If you don't, consider seeing a doctor - some of us are deficient in things that can be improved with diet, exercise, etc.

Ghostlight1 04-22-2015 10:13 AM

Good jon on two days. It's a start. I've found not looking down the road to relapse and just not drinking today more manageable than projecting what may happen.
Best to you and your family. Hope you post tomorrow and say day three. You can do it.

Soberwolf 04-22-2015 10:36 AM

Congrats on day 2 Aflo it will get better

PurpleKnight 04-22-2015 01:25 PM

Day 2 is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!! :)

Anna 04-22-2015 01:43 PM

Day 2 is really good. And, things will begin to improve physically and mentally, very soon. I'm glad your wife is supporting you, too. Don't fantasize about a relapse months away. Stay sober and you may be surprised how good you feel in a few months.

OnMyWay7 04-22-2015 02:06 PM

I remember the beginning all I thought about was drinking and that now I can't drink and that maybe someday I will drink and what will I do if I don't drink.

That actually does go away. After a few weeks I remember looking up and thinking "hey I'm not thinking about drinking"

it gets better - it really does

aflo1 04-22-2015 04:48 PM

Thanks everyone for the encouragement I stayed very busy at work I appreciate you all

Pouncer 04-22-2015 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by aflo1 (Post 5331351)
Slept like 12 hours last night. Felt depressed. After work my wife asked me to pick up some sandwich meat for the kids lunch. I could here in her voice she regretted asking me. I told her I could do it. Seeing all the beer and alcohol displays was hard but made it home.
Only to feel a bit lost and feeling like all I wanted to do is sleep. My birthday is soon. I just feel lost. I want this so bad. I want to be better for me, my wife and kids. I woke up dry heaving.
Good to have my wife in corner. But I found myself fantasizing about a relapse months down the road

Great job! You are getting through the worst of the physical stuff right now. The mental stuff does get easier the longer you stay sober. Congratulations on day 2.