Notices

Day 0... Again

Old 04-21-2015, 03:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm on day two as well and I know what you mean. It's that mindset of "no more"!

Have a lovely day :-)
Old 04-21-2015, 03:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well done and Good Luck too Janelane
Old 04-21-2015, 03:39 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Chances

I relapsed after 3 months about 3 weeks ago. It was the best thing I ever did because as a punishment (humiliation) I went to an AA meeting. I realised my greatest mistake was thinking I could do it alone. I know now that I didn't know what it was. I thought it was not drinking. IT for me is learning how to live sober. I no longer count the days but instead work on improving myself.
I went to AA as a self punishment and found a place where I could learn to live and not count days, make sober friends, be heard, listen and learn and finally feel confident that I won't drink myself to an early grave.
Good luck with life
(Oh, & AA isn't religious - I atheist and fit right in)
Old 04-21-2015, 03:53 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi ChancesAH what a great post, in same boat myself with relapse, think will give AA a try, thanks.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChancesAh View Post

It was the best thing I ever did because as a punishment (humiliation) I went to an AA meeting.
I used to only wish for that to be my only punishment. Most times I also had to deal with the law and loving family members and friends and neighbors. You got off very easy, that time.

For the more that I tested the waters the deeper and rougher they got.

MM
Old 04-22-2015, 01:06 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob View Post
I used to only wish for that to be my only punishment. Most times I also had to deal with the law and loving family members and friends and neighbors. You got off very easy, that time. For the more that I tested the waters the deeper and rougher they got. MM
Really glad you've found your way to a better place, man!
Old 04-22-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

So glad you are back! Something that helped me was to plug into the 24 Hour thread. I post in there every single day and make a commitment to today. I don't ever want to have to tell those folks "Hey, it is day 1 again" OR have my spouse post in there "she didn't make it back this time."
Old 04-22-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Altoids View Post
So glad you are back! Something that helped me was to plug into the 24 Hour thread. I post in there every single day and make a commitment to today. I don't ever want to have to tell those folks "Hey, it is day 1 again" OR have my spouse post in there "she didn't make it back this time."
Thanks, Altoids. I have checked in on the 24 hour thread. That simple achievable commitment could help a lot. At least I've made it past day 2!
Old 04-22-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amp123 View Post
Thanks, Altoids. I have checked in on the 24 hour thread. That simple achievable commitment could help a lot. At least I've made it past day 2!
There is no "at least" You MADE it to another gorgeous day. Wahoo for you!!! And ME!!! Walking this path together, friend.