Notices

Day one

Old 04-20-2015, 02:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MJane91 View Post
well done janelane! That's amazing every day gets a little easier <3 can i ask your opinion, im in the early stages of recovery my mum thinks its a good idea to stay in and not go out but i think i should set myself little goals like walk to the shop and buy sweets or something silly and refrain from buying any alcohol.... ? Ideas
Thanks MJ :-)

Personally, going out keeps me (relatively) sane. Not necessarily going to the shop but going out for walks etc. It can help keep you distracted too!

I know that going to places where alcohol is sold is really hard for some people and not for others. I thought I was okay to go to the shop I've always been to, to go and get some crisps, but I got a text when I was on my way yesterday to pick up some alcohol and it was a terrible idea. It put me back in that old routine. So it's definitely not a good idea for me!
Old 04-20-2015, 03:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You've got this Jane
Old 04-20-2015, 03:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
You've got this Jane
Thank you Della :-)
Old 04-20-2015, 03:22 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JaneLane View Post
Thanks MJ :-)

Personally, going out keeps me (relatively) sane. Not necessarily going to the shop but going out for walks etc. It can help keep you distracted too!

I know that going to places where alcohol is sold is really hard for some people and not for others. I thought I was okay to go to the shop I've always been to, to go and get some crisps, but I got a text when I was on my way yesterday to pick up some alcohol and it was a terrible idea. It put me back in that old routine. So it's definitely not a good idea for me!
yeah that's i thought like it clears your head alot, ah i could see how that would set you back in old habits well keep going you seem so positive xx
Old 04-21-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

How are you doing today MJ?
Old 04-21-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your awesome JaneLane
Old 04-21-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JaneLane View Post
How are you doing today MJ?
Im actually doing really well today and feeling really positive, if you read my post about being the new me and not in a drunk mind its changing my perspective on everything and how through the addiction i hurt and deceived so many people close to me and now i want to change that and embrace my friends and family!!

other then that i slept in till late (oops) lol then ive done a zumba workout and ive been reading 'i don't drink' book its fab !

how are you JaneLane?
Old 04-21-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Way to dust yourself off, Jane. You are right, you CAN do this! We are all staying sober together, one day at a time. Glad you are going to your meeting today and also joining us and sharing!
Old 04-21-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MJane91 View Post
Im actually doing really well today and feeling really positive, if you read my post about being the new me and not in a drunk mind its changing my perspective on everything and how through the addiction i hurt and deceived so many people close to me and now i want to change that and embrace my friends and family!!

other then that i slept in till late (oops) lol then ive done a zumba workout and ive been reading 'i don't drink' book its fab !

how are you JaneLane?
That's great news! You're already reaping the rewards of your new life :-)