SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   10 years of recovery gone! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/364913-10-years-recovery-gone.html)

Tiffany45 04-16-2015 04:28 PM

10 years of recovery gone!

I'm new to site, and new to what I'm experiencin right now, I don't understand why I didn't fight harded! The pain is so great, but I know I need to feel every bit of it, need a meetin in the long beach area

Bmac 04-16-2015 04:33 PM

Welcome Tiffany!! So glad you are here. I had 23 years sober, and I drank again. Glad I did. I do not believe anything happens to us by accident. All experiences, good and bad, work towards my greater good and spiritual growth.

Pick yourself up. Figure out where the hole in the armor was and fix it. Focus on your inner self and spiritual growth. And above all, cherish your journey....all of it.

Anna 04-16-2015 04:35 PM

Welcome, I'm glad you found us.

You can get back to working on your recovery and we're here to offer support.

Dee74 04-16-2015 04:36 PM

Hi and welcome Tiffany :)

I'm sorry for your pain but you'll find a lot of support and understanding here.

I'm not in AA but if you google 'Long Beach AA' I'm sure you'll get a meeting schedule

CharlesG 04-16-2015 04:40 PM

Welcome tiffany, although I only had a few months sober under my belt it felt crazy being back to a day one again, and willing to try hard. Make two weeks tmrw. Time goes on and we can and will get stronger.

Carlotta 04-16-2015 04:49 PM

Welcome to SR Tiffany. I relapsed after 5 years sober and I have over two years back. If I could do it so can you. Just don't do what I did and don't wait six years to get back into recovery.
You will find a lot of support on SR and there is also a few of us who have relapsed after some time sober and made it back. I think one gentleman had like 15 years sober and is back 10.
We are here for you.
Are you in Long Beach CA or WA?
Good going asking for help.
:hug:

esinger 04-16-2015 04:54 PM

You still have ten years. I'm not a big proponent of the start from square one mentality. You had a lapse in judgement, learn from it and move on. I'm telling you to be complacent but what happened happened. Don't be so hard on yourself. The negative energy serves no purpose in my opinion..

least 04-16-2015 04:58 PM

Welcome to the family! :)

PurpleKnight 04-16-2015 05:02 PM

Welcome to the Forum Tiffany!! :wave:

Bubovski 04-16-2015 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany45 (Post 5321849)
I'm new to site, and new to what I'm experiencin right now, I don't understand why I didn't fight harded! The pain is so great, but I know I need to feel every bit of it, need a meetin in the long beach area

Look on the bright side Tiffany...... that 10 years!:c029:

You have a lot going for you, and a slip isn't the end of the world/.:You_Rock_

Solarion 04-16-2015 05:08 PM

"The perfect is the enemy of the good."

Please remember that for 10 years you were not damaging yourself or other people or your circumstances with alcohol, and that you have a regret now, and are continuing on the path of sobriety.

"What has been woven cannot be unwoven."

Your recovery has not been lost, and you have found a very good place.

Soberwolf 04-16-2015 05:21 PM

Hello & Welcome Tiffany :hug:

Charliee 04-16-2015 07:08 PM

They are not gone, all 10 sober years are there and you worked hard for every one of them!! Just a slip, get right back on as fast as you can.

Tiffany45 04-16-2015 07:27 PM

Thanks all of you! I feel better at this moment! I'm in the long beach ca area! I'm so glad I login here, this truly helps, I know what I'm experiencin is invain.

gettingsmarter 04-16-2015 07:37 PM

Welcome Tiffany.

Tiffany45 04-16-2015 08:17 PM

[QUOTE=Tiffany45;5322157]Thanks all of you! I feel better at this moment! I'm in the long beach ca area! I'm so glad I login here, this truly helps, I know what I'm experiencin is not in vain:tyou.[/QUOTE love thy self wherever you are in your life! Self acceptance! ]

soberlicious 04-16-2015 09:14 PM

Hi Tiffany,
I drank after 10 years of abstinence. I continued to drink daily for about 7 years, until I was involuntarily admitted to the psych ward. So, see? You are way ahead because despite your reversal, you are here, turning it back around.

Pouncer 04-16-2015 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by soberlicious (Post 5322292)
Hi Tiffany,
I drank after 10 years of abstinence. I continued to drink daily for about 7 years, until I was involuntarily admitted to the psych ward. So, see? You are way ahead because despite your reversal, you are here, turning it back around.

Very true.

Welcome to SR, Tiffany. We are all in this together and the people here have been an invaluable source of support in a very bleak time. Pick yourself up and keep working. Be kind to yourself in the process.

Ethos23 04-17-2015 11:27 AM

Thanks for your post. That takes an incredible amount of courage to come out and come clean about what happened. As someone already mentioned, you did not lose your 10 years of sobriety. Look at the positives. You are holding your head high and getting on with your recovery. You are also touching the lives of others when they read your powerful post. The fact that you slipped, even with such a significant amount of time sober, is a true eye-opener to all of us that this disease doesn't rest until we die. In one breath that scares the hell out of me, but in the other I know if I can be mindful and live from moment to moment that I will be fine, so long as I never think "I've beaten this."

Thanks again for your post. Hold your head high and get back on the old wagon.

Chadders 04-17-2015 11:48 AM

Hi Tiffany,
Welcome to SR!
You may feel bad now but you did 10 years before relapsing. I'm only on day 7. You have done much better than I ever have and yet I possibly feel better than you right now.
That's odd really isn't it - but it shows what a great position you're actually in. I'd much rather have your recent track record than mine!
:-)
Hope that makes sense!
Best Wishes
C