SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Sober Weekender Thread April 16 until... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/364872-sober-weekender-thread-april-16-until.html)

JaneLane 04-17-2015 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by MarathonMan (Post 5323252)
Ive never seen any of the star wars films, quite odd really as quite into sci fi and love fantasy.

Oh my gosh! I propose you have a Star Wars marathon sometime. I got hooked when I saw the first one :-)

saoutchik 04-17-2015 12:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Famous Belgians

Jacques Brel
Eddie Merxx
Hergest
George Simenon
The Smurf guy

It's not a very long list is it? Are there any more?

I don't have a pet but our block of flats does have Boris the cat. I obviously bore him as he is always yawning when I see him

TennantSmith 04-17-2015 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by saoutchik (Post 5323297)
Famous Belgians

Jacques Brel
Eddie Merxx
Hergest
George Simenon
The Smurf guy

I don't have a pet but our block of flats does have Boris the cat. I obviously bore him as he is always yawning when I see him

I think cats were created just to let humans know how much we bore them. Lol

bigsombrero 04-17-2015 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by saoutchik (Post 5323297)
Famous Belgians

Jacques Brel
Eddie Merxx
Hergest
George Simenon
The Smurf guy

If you are a fan of Agatha Cristie novels, don't forget Detective Hercule Poirot!

saoutchik 04-17-2015 01:13 PM

Hercule Poirot & Tin Tin both fictional so don't count in my book. Plastic Bertrand is Belgium (and real) but hardly famous

Boris's owner is an ancient lady who knew a young Andy Warhole

JaneLane 04-17-2015 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by saoutchik (Post 5323340)
Hercule Poirot & Tin Tin both fictional so don't count in my book. Plastic Bertrand is Belgium (and real) but hardly famous Boris's owner is an ancient lady who knew a young Andy Warhole

I love poirot! the books and of course David Suchet.

Just wanted to contribute :-)

Weasel1966 04-17-2015 01:21 PM

Ahhh!!! Thanks BigS!

I grew up reading Agatha Christie. I belonged to a book club that collected all her books in a leather bound version. They are long since gone. But maybe I will download one from Amazon. Sounds like fun!

Weasel1966 04-17-2015 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by MarathonMan (Post 5323252)
Ive never seen any of the star wars films, quite odd really as quite into sci fi and love fantasy.

Really good to see you MM. Hope you are well!!

I never saw a whole Star Wars film myself. Bits here and there. Never grabbed me enough to continue watching.

saoutchik 04-17-2015 01:32 PM

Talking of Tin Tin my list said Hergest, should have been Herge

saoutchik 04-17-2015 01:37 PM

I don't believe it, there is a website called famousbelgians.net. Audrey Hepburn! She kept that quiet

canguy 04-17-2015 01:51 PM

Morning....

[But you have the whole sober weekender team on your side here.
/QUOTE]

Thankyou all for your kind support last night. It is a red flag situation, leaving me with plenty to think over.

I got thru tho. Took a change of plan, up the street for thirty bucks worth of luxy burgers, a couple of glasses of red for dragon lady and a dvd episode of Hustle to lighten the mood. But the mood was very dark to start with. Once again I'm utterly taken aback by the behaviour. Got a chat eventually how my not drinking makes her 'lonely'. Well, you were warned before u came...but laughed it off.

But I think the not drinking message has gotten thru now. Not taken seriously to this point at all.

So.......thankyou all who posted support. I'm very appreciative. On we all go, yeah. Day 18 here. All the best all.

Nonsensical 04-17-2015 02:05 PM

Checking in before I make dinner. I had a very productive day. Many line-throughs on my to-do list. :)

My AV was whispering to me this morning. Nons..we've got the whole day buddy...we could get lit up and it would be hours before anyone knew...we might even recover before they get home and they'd never know...

I ignored it - and do you know what happened?

I got a lot of sh!t done! :a122:

Hang tough newbies - it's just a voice with a lot of bad advice. You can do this! :ring

MesaMan 04-17-2015 02:34 PM

Yah LBrain ~

You nailed it, Seen_yore. Lost in the Desert I be.

Except, it's Raining like 'Forty Bags Of MoFos', to use a Pal's 'unique' Unit-of-Measure. Drove through some daunting Spring Snow 'Slush' yesterday to get here, but the Weather broke open in E. Utah. No biggie.

Da Wife was headed East simultaneously to the City House, and turned back. White out conditions. SOOOOO, she's chilling Solo at the Ranchette while I do some Recon here around Moab for a later Trip rife with Marital Bliss. She's gonna miss the Chick Play on Sunday she was invited to. Looks like we'll hook up back at the Ranchette in a few days when I've had enough of myself.

Mighty amazing place. A walk back through Geologic Time, fo sho. The Weather eases up, and clears out starting mid-day tomorrow. I got the Pic below at the Colorado River during a break in the Rain this morning while out cruising with Da Pooch down a Road to a Potash Mine.

All the Public Campgrounds are jammed. Bazillions of Mountain Bikers. Kayakers. Grungers Galore. I'm here at my first-ever All American Campground, and it's good fun, actually. Met some Canucks last night adjacent, and we solved all the World's Problems. I helped them, at their request, with some next step Road Trip Planning. The Missus wants to see more of the Rockies. But, she's afraid of steep Drop-off Cliffs. So, I sent them up to Laramie WY in a few days for nice views sans peril.

Got plenty of Food, and 14' of Vintage Trailer Comfort goin' on. Lotsa 'free' Kilowatts to run the Trailer and Electric Heater included in the Daily Rental. Hot Showers 2 Spaces over. I'm glad I meandered into here, given the well-puddled Campsites I drove past this morning that I was considering. Also, all the Rock causes the Public Campsites to be about 30' tops back off of various Roads. Kinda sucky locations, actually. But, this Trip is all about figgerin' out such stuff for subsequent Trips. Less than a 3 hour drive for us when not Towing.

Popped on to this Thread yesterday, and I was already 6 Pages behind. Movin' & Groovin'! Or, is that Crankin' & Wankin'?-)

Had this one blasting yesterday while cruising though The Wild West.

'Summer Of '69' ~ Bryan Adams

http://i58.tinypic.com/2dlvdsk.jpg
-

Olive1 04-17-2015 03:03 PM

That is some mighty fine country, Mesa!
:)

Weasel1966 04-17-2015 03:14 PM

Message from Mecanix... he is with his Auntie. She is doing as expected. He does not have access to SR at the moment but I offered to pass along a hello from him. And a *Ring Ring* in his sober honor.

Weasel1966 04-17-2015 03:22 PM

As for me... I am here and sober. This week has been one of the toughest in many months. So I have been spending cashola to compensate for the sadness.

Just put away a few hundred bucks of clothes. I am all summer Carhartted out! Boom!

Made the appointment with the personal trainer for Tuesday at 4. Looking forward to that.

Very Very happy for Mr. Canguy!!! Sobriety comes first. Everyone second.

MM... ahhh... good to have you here. Miss when I dont see you. I am sure others feel the same. And dont think I did not catch that comment at the end. Much more subtle than Olive. :D

Good to see new faces!!! JaneLane, TennetSmith

Hi Lunar and Trees!!! mystified! NewPage!

Good to see you Solarion. Nice kitty!!!

GettingSmarter... how goes it? Been doing ok?

Dont want to miss anyone but so many to keep track of!!!

Ice Cream time!

Weasel1966 04-17-2015 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Behan (Post 5322976)
Hi all,

Fri afternoon here. Nearly finished work for the day. Going to leave a little earlier to beat the traffic. Weather here is great. Going to go for a big long bike ride this evening to welcome the summer.

Welcome to all newbies and first timers - this is a great thread!!

Will check in later soberenders.

B

Hey Sir... Good to see you check in. Everything ok? You had some things come up and was curious if everything was good.

immri 04-17-2015 03:54 PM

Lunar that spider is beautiful, I quite like spiders even through we have some dangerous ones here. I remember when I was a younger there was a big ol house spider that made himself at home in my bathroom, I named him Stanley and said hi to him every morning, was pretty upset when my dad squashed him :(

And I can't believe there's other people who've never seen Star Wars! I never have either which everyone always finds so strange, especially as I'm a huge movie buff and decided as a child to watch every 'top 100' and 'must see' movie ever created. I'd hire 8 videos (and then DVDs) each week, old b&w ones, foreign, all genres including the restricted ones (we call them R18+) even though I was about 5 years too young to watch... Somehow, though, I never saw Star Wars. That and the lion king are the two big ones I missed haha

Nice cool Saturday morning here, I think I'm going to lunch with family but feeling a bit exhausted and sensitive, don't really want to be around alcohol at all. Meant to go to my friends party tonight but I don't think it's a good idea hmph

strangeangel 04-17-2015 04:00 PM

Conclusion: Friday afternoons are the worst!! Resorting to iced mochas but it's just not doing the trick. Anxiety high, thoughts of why cant I just be a normal drinker? Running real strong. But I guess if I crave it it means there's definitely a problem. Going out to dinner and just don't want to. Heading to yoga studio bright and early tomorrow. Almost 30 days of sobriety has done wonders for body.. Must stay motivated.. Must stay motivated

Tetra 04-17-2015 04:13 PM

I'm in!

Today was so stressful. I work in a hospital. Today I had to go up to the intensive care unit to collect some files. It was quite a nerve-wracking experience for me as I had never been in one before. My legs were like jelly. You can't just walk in, you have to ring a bell and explain yourself, so they let me in and I was standing around, wide-eyed before a guy from one of the medical teams took pity on me and directed me to the nurses station. As I gathered my things and got the hell out of there I decided that this is probably where some of us are going to end up, so don't worry and enjoy life! I am also grateful for my health...

My mom's birthday is this weekend so I bought her a bunch of flowers. I'm in the sticks for the weekend. She seemed happy with that. My mom drives me insane, but my dad and sister are always happy to see me!