SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Sober Weekender Thread April 16 until... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/364872-sober-weekender-thread-april-16-until.html)

JaneLane 04-17-2015 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by thisibelieve (Post 5322889)
I'm in. My drinking is insanity and I can't take playing with fire anymore. Not feeling very up to writing much at the moment, but happy to read everyone's thoughts and to have the support. Love the pet pics :)

Sorry to hear you're not feeling great but well done for making this decision. See you around!

JaneLane 04-17-2015 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by immri (Post 5322896)
Friday night here, not a great day emotionally but didn't drink, spent the night making pizza and watching the movie Smashed which reminded me why I don't drink. Love reading what you're all up to

I watched Smashed the other day and it's amazing. Really helped me with these first week urges!

JaneLane 04-17-2015 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Ruby2 (Post 5322714)
Good morning everyone! One child off and at school already for band. Time to deal with stubborn number two. And get myself ready. It's a beautiful morning. Dewy. The sun is coming up. Everything looks gorgeously green. Daffodils poking up all over the place and the flowering trees are lovely. Not great, I'm sure, if one has allergies but they are pretty to see. Softens everything. I'm not so lucky as Non and Olive who have the day off. I'm looking forward to the weekend. One more day. See you all later.

A beautiful day for sure! I have horrible allergies so I'm armed with hay fever medication, eye drops and sunglasses :-)

JaneLane 04-17-2015 07:08 AM

Hi loves

Here for the weekend! Always pleased to hear from everyone :-)

Pouncer 04-17-2015 07:15 AM

Starting Day 3 on a fine but sleep-deprived morning. I am taking the kids to a field trip to the Renaissance Faire. I really do not want to go anywhere, I would much rather spend my day under the covers, but I am going to kick off the day and weekend with a bit of optimism instead.

immri 04-17-2015 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by JaneLane (Post 5322898)
I watched Smashed the other day and it's amazing. Really helped me with these first week urges!

It is, isn't it! I really enjoyed it and related to so much of it. Squashed my craving too!

immri 04-17-2015 07:17 AM

Glad you're trying for the optimism Pouncer :) can be hard I know

LBrain 04-17-2015 07:41 AM

After looking at quite a few JB presentations, I chose this one for you Olive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=seMFkItmGFs

twal 04-17-2015 07:45 AM

Hello everyone. I'm in for another sober weekend!

Behan 04-17-2015 07:51 AM

Hi all,

Fri afternoon here. Nearly finished work for the day. Going to leave a little earlier to beat the traffic. Weather here is great. Going to go for a big long bike ride this evening to welcome the summer.

Welcome to all newbies and first timers - this is a great thread!!

Will check in later soberenders.

B

Olive1 04-17-2015 07:52 AM

Beautiful, Brain!!!
:)

Behan 04-17-2015 07:53 AM

And I am very excited about the Star Wars and Batman vrs Superman movie trailers.

Very excited.

Ruby2 04-17-2015 07:56 AM

Immri, a low key evening of making pizza and watching movies sounds lovely. Rough days will come. I think Fridays are harder in the beginning too because we add the "I'm not drinking and won't drink" angst on top of whatever else is going on.

Thisibelieve, hang in there. Keep posting and reading.

Ruby2 04-17-2015 08:00 AM

Hi Behan! Have a good bike ride. Hopefully your trip home goes quickly.

TennantSmith 04-17-2015 08:04 AM

Happy Friday!! Busy weekend planned. I'm babysitting Friday and Sunday, so have some fun activities planned. Tomorrow, the kids and I are running errands.

We're expecting a lot of rain tomorrow, so once we're home, we're relaxing and watching movies.

JaneLane 04-17-2015 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Behan (Post 5322981)
And I am very excited about the Star Wars and Batman vrs Superman movie trailers. Very excited.

The Star Wars trailer...oh my gosh. I am so excited!

Olive1 04-17-2015 08:18 AM

Sorry Weasel! I couldn't resist. :stirpot I, too, was surprised that one of the boys had not called you out on it yet. :tongue:

Canguy, I wish there were some magic words I could say to help you navigate this situation. But I am afraid it is just called life. The ups and the downs and the odd dysfunctional people that are in it. I was in a similar situation in a relationship right when I got sober. I had to hang on to my sobriety with all my strength, because letting go would have put me right back into the depths of my madness and I may not have come back from that dark side.
Take care of yourself, first. :)

Love having a day off of work!
Slept late and now enjoying my second cup of coffee. I think I will take the dog for a run and then come back to find more ways to torment Weasel!

Happy Friday, Sober Enders!!!

LBrain 04-17-2015 08:24 AM

Well, last night was pretty cool. I decided to take the quick drive - 15 minutes up to Building 24 to see Pat Travers Band. I drop 25 at the door and discover some banquet arranged tables with menus and place settings. I find an open seat about 12 feet from PT's mike and monitors. I talked to an old work mate - giving me suggestions on places to work - and ordered a sandwich and a cup of coffee and a tall glass of water. After they get the monitor situation figured out and a problem with the base amp they dig in. Typical old style rock band arrangement, marshalls and ampeg - actually saw pieces (a lot) of drum stick chips flying through the air. They were on it! Talk about dinner music! Typical PT set with the usual covers - Statesboro Blues, Redhouse and a few other. Plus his more notable tunes. The place was rocking. Really liked his version of "I've got news for you" - reminded me a little of the Edgar Winter style on the vocals. Trach has that album EW covers the song. After the show got to hang with the band for a bit. Kirk McKim went into the back and got his sweet blue PRS guitar for a pic. Told him I wanted a pic of the guitar and he got it for me. I got to hold it and examine it - beautiful guitar. PRS makes great guitars.

Tonight is Tedeschi Trucks Band at a neat OLD auditorium. 8th row center. Sweet but won't be hanging out with the band after the show. I'd love to mingle with them after the show but the wife doesn't understand it at all.

MesaMan must be lost in the desert somewhere, so here's a bit of Tedeschi Trucks Band...

lunar 04-17-2015 08:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Whoa!!!
I missed the "pet picture" theme.
Raised from 1/2", now 8.5" and 3 oz.
(yes, I weigh her)

Ruby2 04-17-2015 08:50 AM

Cool Lunar! She's beautiful. How old is an 8.5" tarantula?