Notices

Sober Weekender Thread April 16 until...

Old 04-16-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hi to all. I'm climbing aboard. Just got back from a 7 day retreat. Feeling rested...but weirdly had my first serious craving soon as i got back to have a glass of wine tonight - my first craving in a long time. I didnt but it was hard. So I plan to pop in and out of here this weekend to help keep me on the straight... Happy weekenders!
Old 04-16-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by JaneLane View Post
Trach,
How old is he? I adopted my tortoises as babies and one of them was very snippy when I first got her. I don't know if their temperaments are different to turtles though!
I've had him about 7 years now. He's quite grumpy until feeding time.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hang in there little bear!!!

I have a friend running the Boston Marathon Monday. Very cool that they have a service to text the bib number to get live updates as she passes key spots. Will be fun to see her progress and root her on in spirit!!

Rough rough day for me. But living sober this long has tough me to see what I am doing and react accordingly. To a plan that has been tested over and over.

So I got out of the house. Bought sneakers. Kept moving. Eat right so I was full. Looked myself in the mirror to remind myself I am lovable. Feeling much better.

The biggest motivator... Every day I dont drink I wank with such thankfulness that I did not give in on these moments. I love that feeling and I have come to far.

K
Old 04-16-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I am in., first sober camping trip from tomorrow !
Old 04-16-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

On Day 2 after a relapse a couple of days ago. I am ready for a sober weekend and trying to understand why I keep drinking.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Buggirl have fun camping! I am waiting til it warms up a little more and I cant wait to go.
Weasel..sorry about your tough day. Days like that can be terrible.
Hang strong little bear! Cravings do pass.
I'm at work...couple more hours and I will be home.
See you later!
Old 04-16-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Buggirl View Post
I am in., first sober camping trip from tomorrow !
I have a bad craving for backpacking this spring. Have to quit working so much in order to get out.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
I have a bad craving for backpacking this spring. Have to quit working so much in order to get out.
You have your backpack on all the time Trachs
Old 04-16-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

There are not enough hours in the day for me just now. I'm sober this weekend coming, This will take me to 2 months drink free.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I have a dog, three cats and a betta named Rudy.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Attention weekenders... we have a challenge!!!

Name Canguy's Chili Plant!!!
I am going to suggest Palmer, Chili Palmer.

Home from work! Happy Thursday Sober Enders!!!
Found out a bit before the end of the day that I get to take tomorrow off with pay! End of the tax season treat!!

Going to a show tonight,
'jacques brel is alive and well and living in paris'. I think 'Seasons in the Sun' is one of his. I am counting on Brain to post something by him for me.
It should be very good. I don't usually go out on school nights, but since I have the day off......

Be well everyone!
Old 04-16-2015, 05:44 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I'm back. Kids are brilliant and above average. Like Lake Wobegon . I'm satisfied with their grades.

I'll write more later. Have to get kids to bed. Hang in there if you have cravings. Ice cream helps.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Anyone say evil pets? If you say she's cute I'll know you're fibbing. This is my younger cat trying to get in. Imagine my shock hearing scrabbling sounds at the back door and turn around to this? The claws alone. Luckily she's actually a good cat and quite pretty. Just not here.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Anyone say evil pets? If you say she's cute I'll know you're fibbing. This is my younger cat trying to get in. Imagine my shock hearing scrabbling sounds at the back door and turn around to this? The claws alone. Luckily she's actually a good cat and quite pretty. Just not here.
That photo just made me laugh out loud. Those claws are down right frightening. That's a good personification of my AV sometimes.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Strangeangel you have one scary AV! Demon cats. Your comment made me laugh out loud.

Jerri, welcome back! Good to see you.
Buggirl have a great time on your camping trip.
MB, great view. I like the "pet".
ZaBoozer, it's pretty simple to upload and resize pics on your iPad. Open another screen and go to tinypic.com. Upload whatever photo you want and then it gives you options for sizing. Click message board/forum and upload. Then copy and paste the link. But to get it to work hit post reply to start your message and not quick reply.
FaD, cute Westie. No dogs here. We have two cats, five fish, a hamster and a mouse.

Pouncer, hang in there and good to see you.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Here's Marget in a less demonic mode.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Checking in. It has been an extremely frustrating day here. I finished a project yesterday that I have spent 40 hours of time on, if not more. As soon as I got done with it yesterday, the prof emailed saying they want for us to do something else with this project entirely. It's due this Sunday. I have other things that have to get done. I planned out my time very carefully with this project. I am livid. I emailed the prof, but haven't heard anything back yet. Drinking isn't going to solve anything, but I am angry and justifiably angry.

On a lighter note, I vote for Bob as the name for Canguy's cat.

Mec-I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. I will keep her in my prayers.

Ruby-you're going to have to watch your cat to see if it wants to kill you. If you cat is showing the following signs, you should be concerned.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Strat, both cats are definitely trying to do away with me if the warning signs are accurate. Check, and check.

I would be livid about the project too. I hope your prof is reasonable. Kind of a flip side of something that happened to me. Final exam prof said specifically that he wasn't testing on a particular chapter when we did our review. Test day and half the final was the chapter he told us we didn't have to study. We couldn't do anything about it. I hope you can. It seems monstrously unfair. Or ask for a new finish date. Students have lives too.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Ruby she is beautiful I love black cats.

Last night of my first ever totally sober business trip.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

hold on a second. I get back from a great concert and I read that Pouncer relapsed?