SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Sober Weekender Thread April 16 until... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/364872-sober-weekender-thread-april-16-until.html)

Littlebear 04-16-2015 02:59 PM

Hi to all. I'm climbing aboard. Just got back from a 7 day retreat. Feeling rested...but weirdly had my first serious craving soon as i got back to have a glass of wine tonight - my first craving in a long time. I didnt but it was hard. So I plan to pop in and out of here this weekend to help keep me on the straight... Happy weekenders!

trachemys 04-16-2015 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by JaneLane (Post 5321294)
Trach,
How old is he? I adopted my tortoises as babies and one of them was very snippy when I first got her. I don't know if their temperaments are different to turtles though!

I've had him about 7 years now. He's quite grumpy until feeding time.

Weasel1966 04-16-2015 03:23 PM

Hang in there little bear!!!

I have a friend running the Boston Marathon Monday. Very cool that they have a service to text the bib number to get live updates as she passes key spots. Will be fun to see her progress and root her on in spirit!!

Rough rough day for me. But living sober this long has tough me to see what I am doing and react accordingly. To a plan that has been tested over and over.

So I got out of the house. Bought sneakers. Kept moving. Eat right so I was full. Looked myself in the mirror to remind myself I am lovable. Feeling much better.

The biggest motivator... Every day I dont drink I wank with such thankfulness that I did not give in on these moments. I love that feeling and I have come to far.

K

Buggirl 04-16-2015 03:30 PM

I am in., first sober camping trip from tomorrow !

Pouncer 04-16-2015 03:51 PM

On Day 2 after a relapse a couple of days ago. I am ready for a sober weekend and trying to understand why I keep drinking.

happyandfree 04-16-2015 03:58 PM

Buggirl have fun camping! I am waiting til it warms up a little more and I cant wait to go.
Weasel..sorry about your tough day. Days like that can be terrible.
Hang strong little bear! Cravings do pass.
I'm at work...couple more hours and I will be home.
See you later!

trachemys 04-16-2015 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Buggirl (Post 5321729)
I am in., first sober camping trip from tomorrow !

I have a bad craving for backpacking this spring. Have to quit working so much in order to get out.

ArtFriend 04-16-2015 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by trachemys (Post 5321768)
I have a bad craving for backpacking this spring. Have to quit working so much in order to get out.

You have your backpack on all the time Trachs

Kevin78 04-16-2015 04:28 PM

There are not enough hours in the day for me just now. I'm sober this weekend coming, This will take me to 2 months drink free. ;)

Della1968 04-16-2015 04:30 PM

I have a dog, three cats and a betta named Rudy.

Olive1 04-16-2015 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 (Post 5321678)
Attention weekenders... we have a challenge!!!

Name Canguy's Chili Plant!!!

I am going to suggest Palmer, Chili Palmer.

Home from work! Happy Thursday Sober Enders!!!
Found out a bit before the end of the day that I get to take tomorrow off with pay! End of the tax season treat!!

Going to a show tonight,
'jacques brel is alive and well and living in paris'. I think 'Seasons in the Sun' is one of his. I am counting on Brain to post something by him for me. ;)
It should be very good. I don't usually go out on school nights, but since I have the day off...... :)

Be well everyone!
:)

Ruby2 04-16-2015 05:44 PM

I'm back. Kids are brilliant and above average. Like Lake Wobegon :). I'm satisfied with their grades.

I'll write more later. Have to get kids to bed. Hang in there if you have cravings. Ice cream helps.

Ruby2 04-16-2015 05:50 PM

Anyone say evil pets? If you say she's cute I'll know you're fibbing. This is my younger cat trying to get in. Imagine my shock hearing scrabbling sounds at the back door and turn around to this? The claws alone. Luckily she's actually a good cat and quite pretty. Just not here.

http://i57.tinypic.com/169pw69.jpg

strangeangel 04-16-2015 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ruby2 (Post 5322004)
Anyone say evil pets? If you say she's cute I'll know you're fibbing. This is my younger cat trying to get in. Imagine my shock hearing scrabbling sounds at the back door and turn around to this? The claws alone. Luckily she's actually a good cat and quite pretty. Just not here.

That photo just made me laugh out loud. Those claws are down right frightening. That's a good personification of my AV sometimes.

Ruby2 04-16-2015 06:33 PM

Strangeangel you have one scary AV! Demon cats. Your comment made me laugh out loud.

Jerri, welcome back! Good to see you.
Buggirl have a great time on your camping trip.
MB, great view. I like the "pet".
ZaBoozer, it's pretty simple to upload and resize pics on your iPad. Open another screen and go to tinypic.com. Upload whatever photo you want and then it gives you options for sizing. Click message board/forum and upload. Then copy and paste the link. But to get it to work hit post reply to start your message and not quick reply.
FaD, cute Westie. No dogs here. We have two cats, five fish, a hamster and a mouse.

Pouncer, hang in there and good to see you.

Ruby2 04-16-2015 06:39 PM

http://i59.tinypic.com/23m0tus.jpg

Here's Marget in a less demonic mode.

strategery 04-16-2015 06:39 PM

Checking in. It has been an extremely frustrating day here. I finished a project yesterday that I have spent 40 hours of time on, if not more. As soon as I got done with it yesterday, the prof emailed saying they want for us to do something else with this project entirely. It's due this Sunday. I have other things that have to get done. I planned out my time very carefully with this project. I am livid. I emailed the prof, but haven't heard anything back yet. Drinking isn't going to solve anything, but I am angry and justifiably angry.

On a lighter note, I vote for Bob as the name for Canguy's cat.

Mec-I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. I will keep her in my prayers. :hug:

Ruby-you're going to have to watch your cat to see if it wants to kill you. If you cat is showing the following signs, you should be concerned. :lmao:
http://www.williamlynn.net/blog/blog...t-plotting.png

Ruby2 04-16-2015 06:46 PM

Strat, both cats are definitely trying to do away with me if the warning signs are accurate:). Check, and check.

I would be livid about the project too. I hope your prof is reasonable. Kind of a flip side of something that happened to me. Final exam prof said specifically that he wasn't testing on a particular chapter when we did our review. Test day and half the final was the chapter he told us we didn't have to study. We couldn't do anything about it. I hope you can. It seems monstrously unfair. Or ask for a new finish date. Students have lives too.

Della1968 04-16-2015 06:47 PM

Ruby she is beautiful I love black cats.

Last night of my first ever totally sober business trip. :)

LBrain 04-16-2015 07:25 PM

hold on a second. I get back from a great concert and I read that Pouncer relapsed?

gettingsmarter 04-16-2015 07:33 PM

Got through a really nasty craving tonight. I'm on the weekend bus.

bigsombrero 04-16-2015 07:42 PM

Congrats on the sober biz trip Della! That's quite an accomplishment!

In for another sober weekend. Had an unfortunate experience yesterday, I was trying to fertilize a few of my beautiful plants and accidentally overdid it with the nitrogen plant mulch. Killed a bunch of 'em. I was so dang ticked off at myself, everything was looking so good! After digging up, re-potting, and tossing all the old dirt off the side of the roof, I went to my favorite plant nursery after work to re-stock. Came back and went to work. The whole project took me all day (lunch breaks, work breaks, and after work) but it's done. And I'm happy with things again, at least I'm part way there.

Been thinking about a zip-line (canopy tour) this weekend. The New York Times did a great travel feature on my town here in Guatemala last weekend and I saw a few activities that I haven't done yet. I think a bit of "yippeee!" time is in order.

In the meantime, I have a headache and I'm tired after a long day of diggin' in the dirt. Off to bed. Good to hear from you all, and have a wonderful Friday!

strategery 04-16-2015 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ruby2 (Post 5322096)
Strat, both cats are definitely trying to do away with me if the warning signs are accurate:). Check, and check.

I would be livid about the project too. I hope your prof is reasonable. Kind of a flip side of something that happened to me. Final exam prof said specifically that he wasn't testing on a particular chapter when we did our review. Test day and half the final was the chapter he told us we didn't have to study. We couldn't do anything about it. I hope you can. It seems monstrously unfair. Or ask for a new finish date. Students have lives too.

Better start watching that cat. :lmao:
Prof isn't being reasonable unfortunately since I just got an email. :(

BigS-very sorry to hear of the nitrogen disaster with your plants. Ziplining sounds awesome to where I'd definitely do it!

Ruby2 04-16-2015 08:16 PM

Della, congratulations on the first sober business trip. That's great! Home in time for the weekend. Sweet.

BigS, how disappointing. I hope your replacements do better. Maybe sleep will help with the headache. Feel better. You'll need your wits about you for the zip lining. Which I think sounds cool. I'm still planning to take the kids to do it this summer. I'm hoping I can go myself.

I'm tired and headed for an earlier bed. Son has band tomorrow at 7a.m. He didn't go Tuesday because in my tired state I totally forgot his band instruments. His best friend forgot her stuff the same day because her mom drove off with it still in the car so I'm not the only one.

See you all in the morning.

Ruby2 04-16-2015 08:19 PM

Strat, bummer on the email. What a jerk. Can you tweak what you've done to fit the new parameters or is it entirely different? Hopefully all 40 hours aren't in vain. Maybe he's teaching lessons in what you'll need to do if a persnickety client or boss changes their fickle mind at the last minute. In which case, see comment "what a jerk."

Ruby2 04-16-2015 08:22 PM

And I keep seeing things I missed earlier. Good job getting thought the craving gettingsmarter. I found that they didn't last long. They just seemed to at the time. I just had ice cream. That helps a lot. I eat it now more out of habit than for cravings but I still get them.

canguy 04-16-2015 09:07 PM

Going into Friday afternoon.

I usually start doing the mental convolutions about three onwards. You know the ones that start telling you that weekend only drinking is an improvement on past habits, reasonable in the circumstances, etc etc.

Just hope I don't go home to a house guest getting into the vino.....

later....

canguy 04-16-2015 09:09 PM

....Chili Palmer.

Had to google it......but, yeah...definately a possibility.

Better post a pic of this cherished plant.

Pouncer 04-16-2015 09:26 PM

Yep, Brain. I am getting too old for this. I am trying to figure out what to do for my 40th birthday. Number one thing that enters my mind is to be sober and to spend it with my family. I think I am going to go camping with my family.

Della, great job staying sober. You have been a big inspiration for me and your determination to get better is something I am striving for. I suppose there is some wisdom in faking it until you make it.

I haven't written anything in almost a month. I gave myself some time off and I think it is eating at me. I put all my energy into making a modern dollhouse for my daughter. It is quite something. It is 5 stories, has an elevator, a rooftop patio and homemade furniture. My husband thinks I should go into business. I wonder if I should even try because I will get bored of it eventually. Maybe not. In any case, not working is making me rot and I need to get out of my head.

I am working on my sobriety plan this weekend. Thank you everyone for the well wishes.

Ruby, your cat is stunning.

mecanix 04-16-2015 10:18 PM

Hey canguy ,
friday afternoon is one of those times .I made sure i'd done all the shopping thurs and had ice cream as my reward for getting home thro' the traffic .

A long shower and an involving computer game … i was irritable, uptight and couldn't concentrate but i was aware this was the longer term effect of coming off the booze , it was the drinks fault not our glorious new sober live we are building .

Hey pouncer , good to have you back , you were here and then then went quiet … part of my plan was to come here every day and offer as much support to other people trying to get sober as possible , even a :You_Rock_ or keep on can make a difference to someones day , help keep them sober … thats a great power to have ..

Off driving now , take care y'all

m