SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Sober Weekender Thread April 16 until... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/364872-sober-weekender-thread-april-16-until.html)

Mark1014 04-16-2015 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by JaneLane (Post 5321295)
Oh she's pretty!

Hi JaneLane,

Well she cleans up pretty well....we're a little past time to see the groomer.

I just saw a program on tv talking about the cost of housing in London. Wow! It was so expensive. I think I'll just stay here in the backwoods and visit the cosmopolitan spots on occasion.

JaneLane 04-16-2015 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by fromadistance (Post 5321306)
Hi JaneLane, Well she cleans up pretty well....were a little past time to see the groomer. I just saw a program on tv talking about the cost of housing in London. Wow! It was so expensive. I think I'll just stay here in the backwoods and visit the cosmopolitan spots on occasion.

It's expensive for sure. I live only 15 minutes tube ride from the city so I'm close and like my home but no way could I ever set down roots and buy a place. There must be some lovely places to take the dog out for walks near you!

strangeangel 04-16-2015 10:20 AM

AV's already kicking in. Had to do three days of testing with my special Ed kiddos (I teach at private school for kiddos with learning challenges) it's been hard for all of us. Friends in town this weekend for a run on shows. I'm definitely not attending shows but will see friends. Miss the care free attitude of getting to Friday and blowing steam with drinks... Not enough to drink, but it's definitely requiring a lot of thinking and planning. Cold and wintery here, going to take Refuge in hot yoga studio and ride it out.

LBrain 04-16-2015 10:30 AM

almost forgot...

Percy Sledge - 25 November, 1940 - 14 April, 2015 - RIP

Leshar 04-16-2015 11:08 AM

Checking in today as I'm feeling a bit dispirited and have cravings. I don't know why, maybe because I'm on a diet, which is much needed.
Anyway, I'm glad this group is here.
MidnightBlue, I love your photos of your view!
Trach, your naughtly turtle!

saoutchik 04-16-2015 11:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Climbing aboard,

Welcome OldGal, Foryoumyson, Teebee, Zaboozer & Leshar

Sorry to hear about your aunt Mecx, hope the operation goes well for her

LBrain, I read a book about Chernobyl, there should be a statue to the three divers, who went into the 'bubbler'pools, in every city in Europe

Thanks for the intro Weasel, I don't have any pets so here is a picture of a flying Weasel. This is NOT a photo shopped image, it really happened. Amazingly the bird (a woodpecker) got away unharmed

Weasel1966 04-16-2015 11:34 AM

Awesome Sao!!! I saw the series that showed the two cone in for he landing! That was an amazing picture to catch! Of course as soon as a flying weasel makes headlines people I know offline have to say something. I have had this nickname for 20+ years now. Lol

saoutchik 04-16-2015 12:09 PM

Thanks Weeze - I think it was about a month/ 6 weeks back that it happened, not that far from London either

Fromadistance/JaneLane, it's such a shame that 'ordinary' Londoners can no longer afford to live in their own town. My flat is small but there is no way I could afford to buy it now (and I'm 55 not a school leaver). If things carry on like this London is in danger of becoming like Venice - just millionaires and tourists

Soberwolf 04-16-2015 12:14 PM

Clouds are developing end of london's mini heatwave : (

JaneLane 04-16-2015 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by saoutchik (Post 5321442)
Thanks Weeze - I think it was about a month/ 6 weeks back that it happened, not that far from London either Fromadistance/JaneLane, it's such a shame that 'ordinary' Londoners can no longer afford to live in their own town. My flat is small but there is no way I could afford to buy it now (and I'm 55 not a school leaver). If things carry on like this London is in danger of becoming like Venice - just millionaires and tourists

For sure, it's crazy! I like looking online at different house prices across the uk and making lists of where I'd like to live :-) no idea where I'll be in five years!

JaneLane 04-16-2015 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by soberwolf (Post 5321456)
Clouds are developing end of london's mini heatwave : (

I'm pleased it's cooling down though. I do not sleep well when I'm warm!

jerri11 04-16-2015 01:04 PM

Happy Thursday, Weekenders!

I took a few weeks away from SR to do some book-reading, and reflecting and stuff. Still sober. Doing good, all in all. My knee troubles finally seem to be behind me, so I'm happy to be getting outside for some exercise. :)

Pets? I have 3 corgis. I'll hunt around for a pic. But in the meantime, I'll tell you that they are shedding, and there are clumps of corgi fur all over the place. My poor vacuum cleaner is on it's last leg ... uh ... belt. Something like that.

:tyou

JT0626 04-16-2015 01:13 PM

I'm in there like swim wear!

canguy 04-16-2015 01:44 PM

Hi Weekenders.....I'll sign on too.
No pets tho. Got a chilli plant ....if that will count?

Made it thru the week ok. But the weekend could present a few challenges. So I'll just hang on here as well.

immri 04-16-2015 02:11 PM

Canguy I talk to my chilli plant, so why not haha

6am here, long day off for me with nothing really I need to do so I'll be here for the next 12+ hours I suspect! Hah whatever keeps you from drinking right...

Everyone's pets are so cute, my good friend has an evil turtle that always makes me laugh, he hates everyone I swear
Meanwhile my dog is on the pillow next to me snoring like an old man

canguy 04-16-2015 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by immri (Post 5321608)
Canguy I talk to my chilli plant, so why not haha

....well I care for it, and it is a bit high maintenance actually. In return it gives me chillis, unconditionally.

Hasn't got a name tho.....

immri 04-16-2015 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by canguy (Post 5321613)
....well I care for it, and it is a bit high maintenance actually. In return it gives me chillis, unconditionally. Hasn't got a name tho.....

Totally counts.

PurpleKnight 04-16-2015 02:44 PM

Hey Weekenders, I'm in for the Weekend!! :)

I'm working this weekend, but planning on taking things easy on my off time.

At this point I'm going to shamelessly plug our Stanley Cup thread in the Cafe for anyone who want's to take part, and could struggle with watching ice hockey over the next month or so, get your picks and winners in and join in on the fun:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...up-2015-a.html

Let's keep it Sober Weekenders!! :grouphug:

Soberwolf 04-16-2015 02:47 PM

LOL Purpleknight your a good friend

15 mins till i watch the second episode of breaking bad

Weasel1966 04-16-2015 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by canguy (Post 5321613)
....well I care for it, and it is a bit high maintenance actually. In return it gives me chillis, unconditionally.

Hasn't got a name tho.....

Attention weekenders... we have a challenge!!!

Name Canguy's Chili Plant!!!