SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Sober Weekender Thread April 16 until... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/364872-sober-weekender-thread-april-16-until.html)

saoutchik 04-22-2015 09:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Behan I'm mightily impressed that your even considering going in

Wile E Coyote. A guy who never gives up trying

twal 04-22-2015 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Ruby2 (Post 5331477)
Twal! Brilliant!! Will work with photos and videos. How are you doing? Move coming up? How is that going?

I'm doing well. The move is in 11 days and I'm pretty excited about it. I'm looking forward to exploring the new town that I'm moving to and have been scoping out some AA meetings to attend. There are a ton in the area so I should be able to find one that suits me. Hope everything is well on your end. :)

Ruby2 04-22-2015 10:05 AM

Thanks Twal! Sounds great for your move. Very positive.

happyandfree 04-22-2015 10:26 AM

Tennantsmith....congratulations on your presentation! Wow, that took guts and steady nerves-

Pouncer 04-22-2015 05:05 PM

Is it almost time for the bus? The weekday is really my weekend. I can't wait until Friday. The good news is that the husband will actually be home tonight and not working. I work from home and also home-school, sometimes I wish I could just get an hour alone. :eek1:

Can't wait for the bus!
:bus

Della1968 04-22-2015 05:32 PM

I give you credit I don't know if I could have home schooled. I am not the most structured person.

saoutchik 04-22-2015 06:34 PM

It's Thursday shotgun!

Della1968 04-22-2015 06:52 PM

Ummmmmm no I am getting shotgun. Tomorrow morning.

MesaMan 04-22-2015 08:00 PM

Welp ~

An uneventful Drive back to the City House, here, with the Utility Trailer in Tow. Da Wife got a Flat Tire over there. Because the Tire was worn, and her Passat has All Wheel Drive, you can't just replace the one Tire. The lesser Tire diameter will cause the Whiz Bang Sensing Mechanism to put disproportional force to that one Tire. SOOOOO, $600- later, she's got all new Tires. Fortunately, it was 'Ladies Day' at the Tire Shop a few days ago. 10% off.

This, after a falling Rock took out the 'Belly Pan' cover the last Trip over. I don't even know how many hundreds $$$ that was. THEN, there was the Power Steering imbroglio the Trip before that where some local Gomer effed up THAT Repair pretty well. She's not a Happy Camper right now. No Kids + totally separate Financials does make for more Marital Bliss, however.

A Semi Truck must have lost the Brakes today. It was laid over at the bottom of Vail Pass on I-70. Traffic was just starting to back up Westbound. This went down just after the Truck Runaway Ramp, so I suspect this Driver is in for some serious Fines from both Vail City and the Interstate Grand Poobahs. Not to mention paying for several of those massive Semi Tow Trucks to grapple the Semi Trailer Box back upright. They weren't there yet, so we zipped by at full speed. Those Tow Trucks would to block one Eastbound Lane to do their thing.

This Driving Sober Guano is A-OK.

I had this fav Aussie Band cranked. The inimitable Chrissy Amphlett. A true Original. She famously turned down a Record Company offer to have her Teeth straightened @ n/c. It was her way or the Highway...

'Boys In Town' ~ The Divinyls
-

LBrain 04-22-2015 08:01 PM

Hang in there Della - rootin for ya! ;)

and yes, I ironed my wife's work clothes tonight, made her dinner/breakfast and packed her lunch like I always do...

Pouncer 04-22-2015 08:35 PM

Della, you'd better bring a tent and a cooler - and perhaps a portable toilet. It looks like the race is on!

I think anyone could home-school if they had to. It was a last option for our son. He has special needs. Going to regular school was a little bit traumatic. He once got yellow-carded (punished) for correcting his teachers' spelling of scissors when he was in kindergarten. He had no idea why he was being sent away from home. I think he had no idea that he was there to learn.

We actually do a home-school hybrid program and are part of the public school system. They take a multitude of classes on-site and have maintained the same group of friends at school. They have school pictures, report cards, et cetera. My wee one has been homeschooling, too, for three years. I have been doing this for a while.

My children are about as intense as pressure cookers and as sensitive as mouse whiskers and sometimes it is hard.

Which brings me to this: I am so g*dd*mn fortunate that I am still able to home-school. It was the one thing in my life that I didn't screw up 100%. I was really tired all the time, but I made it work somehow. I could have lost them and my ability to meet my children's needs. I am back to being enthusiastic and loving every subject, making new unit studies and being a much better mom and teacher.

So, I am happy.

Della1968 04-23-2015 01:28 AM

you should be happy and proud of yourself!

Waiting patiently here......

Pouncer 04-23-2015 01:29 PM

Go! Go! Go! Della!
Don't forget your umbrella

Go! Go! Go! Della!
I'm singing a capella

Go! Go! Go! Crazy girl!
Grab you tent and hear it unfurl

Go! Go! Go! Campfire girl!
Cook that smores and give it a twirl!

Oops! I am late for an appointment!