SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Sober Weekender Thread April 16 until... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/364872-sober-weekender-thread-april-16-until.html)

LBrain 04-21-2015 07:44 PM

listen up della umbrella, I had a rough night. First I spend a couple hours condensing this narrative. Then the doorbell rings - I still have it open on the puter - it's the neighbor lady. Neighbor's 87 yo mom moved in. Nobody's home and she came over, rang the doorbell and asked me to get her tv working. I was almost panicky when I saw her on the steps. I finally figured out the three remote control setup to get wheel of fortune going. Reminded me of rainman - gotta watch wapner... She was jonesen for the wheel.

I come home and try to print document - not happening. Wireless quit. Then I saved it. Well it wasn't saved. I looked at every nook and cranny in my PC - no document that I worked on for two hours. I was gonna email it back to wife and have her print it - and keep it on file. Can't configure my printer - no way no how. I figure I'm gonna have to start over and try to replicate a four page document from memory only seeing it once.
Let's try to use a usb to connect to printer. Brilliant. Even though it didn't print it was still locked in the queue. I connect the print with the wires and changed ports and it automatically printed two copies. But I had to hold the laptop in the middle of the room half way between the monitor and the printer - it barely reached. :banana:

I got presentation down to 8 minutes 15 seconds. But there was a short delay in advancing the ppt. Of course add two minutes for esl student.

Yes, this is how exciting my life is... I came very close to wanting a beer. Very close. I'm better now. Lucky too.

happyandfree 04-21-2015 08:22 PM

Isn't it Friday yet? ?
Well, this week hasn't been too bad so far....only 3 more days.
:)

happyandfree 04-21-2015 08:23 PM

Isn't it Friday yet? ?
Well, this week hasn't been too bad so far....only 3 more days.

trachemys 04-21-2015 08:30 PM

haf, it's TODAY.

happyandfree 04-21-2015 08:49 PM

Good point, trach. If you have one foot in yesterday and one foot in tomorrow. ..you're peeing on today!

Pouncer 04-21-2015 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by happyandfree (Post 5330845)
Good point, trach. If you have one foot in yesterday and one foot in tomorrow. ..you're peeing on today!

You pee from your feet?!?

mecanix 04-21-2015 11:31 PM

come on LB , you can't slip a corker in like that and expect me not to stamp on it ,

A beer would have mussed up those interface ports quicker than anything , made you unreliable for the Mrs , gave you a bad head , a wasted evening , a hungover wed's .

Having situations happen that "nearly make us drink" is opening up degree into our sober lives, a progressiveness of stinky things happening could edge us towards the drink as the "ultimate" get out at the end .

I just thought i'd point out that maybe the AV is trying to do a number on you .

Bestwishes, m

Della1968 04-22-2015 02:31 AM

Brain I am on to you. One of these days you are going to fess up to being the sweetheart that you are. Glad you got the wheel turning. Sorry it is at your expense but you made me laugh :)

I think I will try to stay up all night and get shotgun tomorrow. Have a wonderful day all.

Ruby2 04-22-2015 04:31 AM

Shotgun on Wednesday?

Brain, dang, you are good. Superman even. My favorite is figuring out the three remote configuration. I never can figure that stuff out.

This week seems to be flying by.

LBrain 04-22-2015 04:46 AM

yeah, you're right mike --- drinking wouldn't have fixed anything...
so later I decided to try to find document... it was in firefox limbo in the download (pending) files. So I was able to copy it and send one to the 'student' in charge.
I was thinking outside the box tho...

it's hump day - let's go!

Olive1 04-22-2015 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by trachemys (Post 5330826)
... it's TODAY.

“What day is it?", asked Winnie the Pooh
"It's today," squeaked Piglet
"My favorite day," said Pooh”

MesaMan 04-22-2015 06:33 AM

ACME Presentation Company

1 Attachment(s)
Well done on the PPP 'Save', LBrain!

After nearly losing an entire PPP before Breakfast while working on it just prior to going into Intel Tempe AZ, I learned to never work on the Original. Only a Copy. I also went to saving it elsewhere; as in a USB Memory Stick. A Career-altering close call, that one...

Somehow your excellent Write-up & Imagery of you bustin' a Ballerina move between stationary Devices brought to Mind my favorite Cartoon Character. Especially since I've been in and around the amazing Topography this week that so characterized these Desert Settings.

Free Presentation Assistance is worth every Penny, eh?-)

Happy Earth Day To All!
-

TennantSmith 04-22-2015 08:02 AM

For my final presentation of my undergraduate career, I created the loveliest of presentations. It was perfect and I was happy to get started. Until the file corrupted and it was nothing but random words on the screen. I wanted to cry.

I ended up getting an A+ because I turned off the screen, stood in front of the room and winged the presentation. Social workers dig that stuff, ha ha.

Behan 04-22-2015 08:03 AM

Hi everyone! This weekend just keeps on giving!

I hope everyone is well. Midway point nearly over.

The sun is shining here. Going to leave work in an hour. Might be so bold and take a trip to the beach. Might even be bolder and go in for a swim. Now, swimming in Irish waters is not a feat for the faint hearted. The cold actually burns you. So by swim, I mean dip and scream. Maybe I'll just look at the water at least. :)

B

LBrain 04-22-2015 08:12 AM

ah yes MM - coyote (eatibus anythingus)

There must have been an update or something to alter the ip address. I can't mess with anything until she is finished with classes, can't risk messing it up with only a couple weeks left...

Your 'toon reminds me of the time "we" were flying to palm springs for NYE years ago. We got into vegas and was to connect on a hopper to PS. Flight canceled due to lack of interest. Me? I wanted to stay in hotel for the night. "GF" said, "No. Let's rent a car and drive to Palm Springs (Indian Wells). It will be nice to enjoy the scenery." ME said, "Apparently you've never seen the roadrunner cartoon. AND it's going to be dark."

So anyway, as I was driving south toward palm springs you see for 10's of miles headlights of the people from LA heading to LV for new year's eve. It was a line of cars for over 100 miles. Got into Indian Wells after midnite! Luggage never made it. Had to buy a suit for NYE dinner - wasn't buying a tux. Ah, the life of Brain. Book in the works.
btw, when FIL is big honcho of IW country club, first class service on the course. Wash your balls sir?

Did gym, had salad for breakfast.

Ruby2 04-22-2015 08:45 AM

Ah, a lovely day today. Cold. Snow flurries. Windy. No beach for me in the foreseeable future. Behan, while I have not been swimming in Ireland I have shrieked and quickly hopped in and out of the Atlantic in Maine. Walking on the sand right after the wave went out burned my feet. So if you go swimming in April? Well, in the words I hear at work "you crazy."

Brain, sadly, I have to look at the Young Frankenstein clip later. One of my favorite movies ever! I want to watch it now!!

Could someone explain how to do the video clips? I know to hit quote to see. I understand inserting in between the YT stuff but I don't know which string to insert. I'm confused.

LBrain 04-22-2015 08:54 AM

Ruby, Ruby, Ruby,
I am missing a disc from my Pimsleur Russian Course ...

to get clip on here,
you can use the mesaman method and just copy and paste the entire string of the address - sr converts it.

or you can copy and paste the end , what follows the 'equals sign' (=) at the end. Everything after the = pasted to text box, then highlite it and click the YT box. make sure everything is on the same line of text or it won't work.

okay Ruby dearest, you like some bluegrass? I spent over an hour listening to this one tune yesterday trying to get the part down, I don't have the music so's I was doin it by ear... It's a tough tune for a beginner, but I love that off beat pick up on the third break,,, picture me sitting in front of speakers stopping and rewinding this over 50 times... it sounds like six note but it actually 8
song starts at 5:28 - third song... :)

Ruby2 04-22-2015 09:09 AM

Thanks Brain. I've done the MM method but I haven't had luck trying to embed them in the body of the reply/post. I actually practiced once by sending PM s to myself but still couldn't do it.

twal 04-22-2015 09:23 AM

Hey Ruby...you can use the preview post button which is right next to the send post button to see if the embedded video works. Hope this helps.

Ruby2 04-22-2015 09:25 AM

Twal! Brilliant!! Will work with photos and videos. How are you doing? Move coming up? How is that going?