SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Sober Weekender Thread April 16 until... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/364872-sober-weekender-thread-april-16-until.html)

Weasel1966 04-21-2015 01:59 AM

Della, Della, my dear Della!

If I was not so familiar with the simple sentence "I am not feeling great" and all that it carries I would not feel as much as I do for what you are going through.

I learned how to stay sober through the AVRT detachment process. Also expressed in many other forms. The power of Now, The course in Miracles. Seeing drinking as something not of me and something that had nothing over me as a result of that detachment.

Negative self talk. Meditation. and even happiness are all similarly managed through a seeing of things from both an inside and outside view. That allows the mind to rest or be redirected. Sometimes it just takes time and actual practice to do or accomplish.

If you're not at the point where you can make positive change at this moment then at least consider this a great practice session that will soon end. They always do.

Feel better!

saoutchik 04-21-2015 03:09 AM

Hmm

There was a young lady called Della
Who today is not feeling "bella"
She logged into SR
Meeting folks near and far
And is hopefully now feeling well 'er

OK so Walt Whitman has little fear

Glad you made it through so far Canguy, kick those temptations in the arse

Ruby my A610 was green. Most of them are French blue, the reason for that is that before WW2 when racing cars didn't carry ads and logos, the colour denoted the country the car was from. French cars were blue, USA white, German silver, Italian red, British green.

A610's are basically Renault with a fibreglass body and a couple of turbo's so fairly practicle

I'm using my Samsung at the moment, I have just noticed that this thread has been viewed over 5000 times. Who's not posting?

Della1968 04-21-2015 03:13 AM

Thank you Ken :) I don't want to drink. Just don't want to do much of anything. Trying to sort out a lot of regrets and not quite sure how to do it. I have always had episodes like this just really haven't since I got sober. I told a friend maybe it's just my pink cloud being over. I will snap out of it. Have a wonderful day.

LBrain 04-21-2015 05:39 AM

I guess all I have to contribute is a couple songs this morning.

For canguy:

For Della:

:tongue1:

canguy 04-21-2015 05:51 AM

Thanx L.

And saoutchik. Appreciate your thoughts.

Tomorrow's another sober day......things here will be sorted out.

happyandfree 04-21-2015 06:58 AM

Della...Regrets are tough to deal with and I certainly drank to forget mistakes I'd made. Now I've learned that I'm in a different chapter of my life and I am trying to be the best I can be on a daily basis. I can't change the past..I can only move forward and I try to repair some of the damage that was done, at least where I can. So don't deny your feelings, but try to forgive yourself and move forward. Life is short.

Ruby2 04-21-2015 10:47 AM

Hey everyone. Della, how long do you have in? Early on, like 3 - 6 months, and then again when the seasons changed, I had horrible existential angst. Quite crippling, actually. I managed to get through it but it was bad. Hang in there. It will pass. Stupid readjustment time of our brains following the quitting. Doesn't make it easier.

At work. Will try to follow through with going to the gym and working out. Saoutchik, I never knew about the racing colors. Makes sense. Of course, now there is adware slapped all over everything. Visual pollution.

I'll check back later. Really, we can support each other AND get 500 posts again this week.

Ruby2 04-21-2015 10:50 AM

And canguy, as sad an ending as it may be, remember the good and let go of the rest for now. You can revisit it after some time has passed and it's less raw. Sounds like it isn't a bad thing, just different. And you read War & Peace! I studied Russian for 5 years and never did that.

Della1968 04-21-2015 11:05 AM

Hi Ruby Jan 5th...so I am right in that 3-6 months :) Angst is perfect to describe it.

Canguy I am sorry...it is sad when a relationship ends even if we know it is the right thing :(

Ruby2 04-21-2015 12:45 PM

This, if you want a laugh or two, and can sit through twelve minutes, is very on topic for existential angst. It is as funny now as when I first watched it a very long time ago. But not 10 million years. So Della, please do take a peek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjEdxO91RWQ

Della1968 04-21-2015 01:01 PM

I will as soon as I get home...don't want may coworkers to think I'm any weirder than they already do!

Pouncer 04-21-2015 02:34 PM

Hey Della,
I hope you feel better soon. I am impressed that you are in the 3-6 month range. Congratulations! I hope you feel better, soon.

I had a long-ish period of sobriety, but I don't remember feeling anything between months 3-6. However, I did not drink nearly as much then as I did a month ago. I am sure you will get through this. Look at what you have done so far!! Can you look at your first post at SR to realize how far you've come? Or do you have a journal you can go to during your DUIs, loss of car, etc?

You got through some really tough stuff already. The anticipated stages of recovery make me nervous, too. If you got through all of that, you can get through this. We're hear to help and support you. :grouphug:

LBrain 04-21-2015 02:34 PM

need to vent. I was given an assignment. "I have an assignment for you and it is very serious." In other words, spend more than just a glance at it please.
My assignment? There is a 15 slide power point presentation with the accompanying 'presenter's text'. She already crossed off one section. Oh, it has an 8 minute time limit. And she reads it to herself and I'm sure it's waaaaaay over 8 minutes. Then I inquire about the ppt - too late it was already turned in. I have to present it as is. Just reading the f-ing slides will be 8 minutes! So I have to come up with a readers digest version of this presentation to help out. MY ASSIGNMENT!
How about asking for advice BEFORE you start something. Just looking at the content, this could be a solid 1/2 hour presentation. That's my job - putting out fires...
kids! 2 weeks left... I hope.

listen up people, when you start something, make a plan and stick to it. don't just wing it and figure out later you are waaaaaaaaaaaay over budget.

okay, I'm done bitchin - back to 'work'

Pouncer 04-21-2015 02:37 PM

So sorry. That sounds so frustrating. Can you talk to your co-worker to request that she gives you advance warning in the future?

I get it. I really stresses me out when people spring things on me as well.

Weasel1966 04-21-2015 03:04 PM

LOL LB... You're a pip!

Hope you are doing well Della!

OK kind of glad you are here on a TUESDAY!

Just back from my first personal trainer dude. Very nice. Not high pressure. Easy to deal with. Encouraging. I feel comfortable. So I will be going once a week for the next month and we will see if we continue. I just want to learn how to stay fit over time. What is a manageable min/max that works for this person. My body.

After so many years of abuse I am happy to try again.

Finished take out from my fav Thai place!!!

Happy sober Tuesday!

trachemys 04-21-2015 03:35 PM

You want to stay fit over time? Take up backpacking. Put an extra 25+ pounds on your back and start walking. Eat meagerly, drink lots of water and walk. Best shape I was ever in. And I'm still in good shape because of it. I'm 55 and still do 15 minute miles with uphills and downhills. You can't beat it.

Ruby2 04-21-2015 04:19 PM

Pouncer, it's Brain's wife giving the assignment at the moment. I imagine doubly frustrating.

Sorry Brain. Vent away. I get stuff like that thrown at me. Makes me want to growl.

Thai food. Yummy. No Thai places near me and if there were, I don't know that I'd trust them. I made manicotti and I'm about to pop it into the oven.

Della1968 04-21-2015 04:31 PM

Pouncer that was a lovely post thank you.

Ruby going to watch the link now.

Brain just get it done :)

Weasel glad the trainer went well. Good for you.

I too am glad you are all here.

Della1968 04-21-2015 04:53 PM

Hahaha Ruby! Classic..."tricky"

Ruby2 04-21-2015 05:06 PM

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Della. You're not going to like the answer. I love the interplay of words. After posting that I watched Episode 1 which is about a half hour long. Did you ever watch them? Or read the books? Honestly, they are the only series of books that I laughed out loud at while reading.