Notices

Sober Weekender Thread April 16 until...

Old 04-19-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Mirrors Don't Lie

Welp, 'Best Stories' does appropriately abbreviate into the letters 'BS'! Ask my Wife...

As I'm processing Pix on this Laptop sitting outside Lovin' Life, I had to complement the Tattoo Pic up this Thread with this 3D Analog. This was a Mirror above the Toilet in this way funky Fossil/Gem/Antique Shop I stopped at before hitting the Moab Dog Park earlier today. World O'Guano for sale there, lemme tell ya!

Taxidermy that LBrain can love!
-

|-
Old 04-19-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Speaking of cat anuses, my mind started thinking of the Bob's burger episode where their Aunt Gail paints animal anuses and Linda says she'll showcase them in the burger restaurant.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Mesa, you colorado /Moab trips sound wonderful. Is there a private messenger here? I'd like to pick your brain about where to go as I'm itching to get out into the wilderness once I'm done with work in June. You keep reminding me how beautiful our state is and how recovery in the woods is essential.

FaD, thank you. That was the highlight of my day.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Wow, this weekend went fast-
BigS...I'm sorry about the break up. I've heard some ambivalence in you lately regarding the relationship , but it's tough when it actually happens. There is someone special out there for you.
Ruby...I'm sorry your saga is continuing with mr. Ruby, but it sounds like you have detached a bit, and I admire your strength.
And...your are right. ..SR helps us keep those urges and cravings at bay on a daily basis. It's what is working for me. I often wonder why am I doing this? I get tempted to give it up.Then I come on SR and get my answer.
Well, anyway, back to the country music awards. Keith Urban with Eric Church was great.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:29 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

MM, awesome pic. I love Arches. Thanks for the feedback about eczema. It is just so darn uncomfortable -- on my hands, arms and fingertips -- and it kind of developed overnight. I have always had an extremely mild case of eczema but I get a flare-up up once in a blue moon when I am stressed. I wonder what kind of stress I might be having? Early sobriety is a wild ride...
Old 04-20-2015, 02:39 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good morning team!!

I am ready for work. Just wanted to say sorry for not being as attentive to this weekends thread. I just was not up for it. Doing much better today and I am sure this week will be better. Just I have times like that. But they are sober times so thats good.

Have a great week and see you all Thursday for the weekly shotgun call!

Sorry to hear BigS but it was coming from the tone in your posts.

FaD... My appointment with the personal trainer is tomorrow. Yeah!
Old 04-20-2015, 02:44 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post

I spent all day at the beach yesterday and had a wanking good time!!!
Really?
Old 04-20-2015, 03:43 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey y'all monday lunch here ,

Waiting for Mr postman and hopefully the contract , hmmm

Nice to see you surface K , even if we have downers no need to drink is there, just be patient feel what your feeling, look for what it's trying to tell you.

New day today , sun is shining here , 20c later today which is t-shirt weather for me ..might have to find some shorts too .

Later, m
Old 04-20-2015, 03:47 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pouncer View Post
MM, awesome pic. I love Arches. Thanks for the feedback about eczema. It is just so darn uncomfortable -- on my hands, arms and fingertips -- and it kind of developed overnight. I have always had an extremely mild case of eczema but I get a flare-up up once in a blue moon when I am stressed. I wonder what kind of stress I might be having? Early sobriety is a wild ride...
My mom has or used to have SEVERE eczema and it def kept her bummed out. I haven't heard much about it lately and she has WAY less to stress about (from my viewpoint at least) maybe it is stress releated. Wild ride indeed!
Old 04-20-2015, 03:50 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Thanks for the inspiration in this thread!
Went on a fast yesterday to even out all my over eating and must say, I feel it did my body good. I haven't had this much calmness in my stomach region in a while! BUT, I only had 3 hours of sleep! Laid it down sometime after 7 and awoke at 11pm! Decided to eat at 12, and since then been closing eyes and waking back up getting on the computer. its 349am now and I feel good. Keep it safe!
Old 04-20-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Really?
You know how much I love you, Weasel!

Everyone have a wonderful week!!!
Old 04-20-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Unbelievable evening of guest hell.

But I go to bed sober.

Cya next weekend people.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

hang in there canguy - stick to your guns...

I missed a lot of the thread- I tried to find the image that made many cringe - is it gone?

MM thanks for the props on the deer butt... I did purchase a butt out tool this past year...

Grand Staircase Escalante - as we was driving by the missus wanted to go for a "hike" on our way to lake powell. I'd need a good week to do the 'hike' I'd want - plus it was mid August... next time. Everything I hear about living near las vegas make me leery about taking a job near there. But the outdoor adventures would definitely trump the negatives... IT HOT

Was at the gym by 6, it's pouring rain, and I'm having coffee - didn't drink coffee all weekend.
good week all....

oh, staircase escalante comment was for strangeangel
Old 04-20-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear canguy, glad you're sober though
Old 04-20-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Ahem.

There once was an Olive who Wanked
When now on the Beach, never Tanked
Her Life is quite fine
Relaxed to the Spine
Now Sober, 'twas SR she thanked

Burma Shave

I've seen the scene in the Pic below play out in front of the Eiffel Tower. The Golden Gate Bridge. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Why should ~300 Million year-old Seabed Uplift not be the poifect place to hop off your Tour Bus outta Vegas and snap a Selfie? One Gal fully extended her 'Selfie Stick' to nail this Shot. Just getting the Rock Picture doesn't prove you were there. Taking your Picture in front of the Rock proves you were there. Hee hee...

Below, Folks rotated through the prime standing position on top of that lil Rock. One Guy, wearing the ubiquitous 'Gilligan's Island' Hat, just about got run over in the Pedestrian Crosswalk adjacent as he ran back to the departing Bus after getting his perfect Shot. There's a first time for everything, and I'm betting this wasn't it for him.

There surely is fun in Sobriety. Exhibit A: As this Bus pulled up later into a View Spot Parking Lot, I pulled in right behind it. I had to hit the 2 Door Pit Toilet about like the proverbial Race Horse. As these Women poured off this Bus of ~80 Persons doing their lil 'Edith Bunker Shuffle', I realized they were gonna line up and occupy the Can fo evah. SOOOOO, I booked it over to the Can to beat them to it by a Nose. I quickly emerged to a line of a dozen or so Folks. Wicked, I know, but good clean fun when Sober, eh?

My sincere admiration goes out to all the Weekend Warriors here who prevailed. If not, dust yourself off and hop back up on that Horse! Life gets to be more fun sooner. We promise...
-

-
Old 04-20-2015, 06:42 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Weekend warriors who prevailed....love it!

Monday afternoon here. Feel fresh as a daisy. Sneaked out of work earlier to pick up Mrs B's birthday present. I will give it to her after 12 tonight!

No need to apologise K....it is the bus drivers prerogative to take a pit stop now and then. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Your honesty and self disclosure serves as an inspiration to others.

Have a great week ahead folks. I look forward to spending time with my fellow weekend warriors next time!

B
Old 04-20-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Behan echoed my sentiment, Ken. No apologies necessary. It's perfectly fine to take a breather. When I host a party I often find myself on the back porch, taking ten.

HaF, yes, when I need a reminder I come here. And it's great that I can carry SR around in my pocket, so to speak. Phones are a lovely thing.

Rainy Monday. Hanging in there.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

My husband is going to be gone from morning till near midnight tonight and tomorrow for rehearsals. This is my biggest trigger. Alone with the kids all day, stressed, bored and a bit of jealousy that he is still continuing his classical music career while I stay at home raising children. Wow. I never realized those feelings of jealousy and bitterness before. It is such a relief to indentify what I am feeling. He is playing the Shostakovich string quartet and a bunch of really awesome symphonies over the next few (busy) months.

I am sticking close to SR over the next couple of days.

Happy sober Monday.

Canguy, that says so much more about her than you. Being around abstainers used to make me feel bad. I knew I had alcohol issues and seeing that it was possible to conquer addiction made me really uneasy because I wasn't ready yet. A lot of people turn to anger as the go-to emotion when feelings are overwhelming. Anger is a protective response. Hope the visit gets better for you.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

hang in there pouncer... stay close and remember -
POST BEFORE YOU DRINK... in fact, post instead of drinking...
Old 04-20-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

looks like we reached 400 posts...
so I'll leave you with this...