Notices

New

Old 04-22-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZaBoozer View Post
I hope you're starting to feel a bit better now mate?
Not so good today. Just plain sad. But I knew this would be an emotional roller coaster, so I'll just ride it out.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FrankLapidas View Post
Not so good today. Just plain sad. But I knew this would be an emotional roller coaster, so I'll just ride it out.
Hang in there Frank, the emotions do become more stable. I see you have read my thread, have a look at today's posts, maybe it will give you some insight? We have all made trouble when pissed mate. Remember, that person is not us. That drunk ****** is someone else. We are suffering for the **** he made. Emotions are also intense because we have drowned them out in booze for so long. They do become more stable - I promise. Just take it one day at a time.

Cheers, ZAB

Last edited by Dee74; 04-22-2015 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Administrator

Here's hoping tomorrow is better Frank

D
Old 04-22-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Do your best

Here for you bud if you ever need to talk
Old 04-22-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Stay strong Frank, we are all rooting for you. Early days are difficult. Please trust everyone when they say it does get better, because it does.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Good morning Mr. Lápidas!!!

Hope you are having a good day.

N
Old 04-23-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Day 5

Thank you Thomas, Wolf, Boozer, Dee, Jane, Angel, Shoot, Hevyn, Sugar, INgal and all for your supportive comments yesterday. And I see Time here as I write this.

When I said yesterday that I was sad, it was sad but true. That also illustrated a bit of a struggle I'm having regarding my relationship with SR. I see that most threads like this one begin with the person telling their "story". I haven't told mine, probably never will. I'm not a very open person. And it's difficult for me to admit to something as minor as being sad. That sounded to me like whining. I hate to whine. And in this circular self-evaluation, here I am whining about my whining. Go figure.

I recoil at the idea of seeking sympathy, so I'm going to attempt to make positive posts.

Toward that goal: Today is better. Thanks to reading all the threads I know the roller coaster ahead. I'm strapped in and ready to ride.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FrankLapidas View Post
Thank you Thomas, Wolf, Boozer, Dee, Jane, Angel, Shoot, Hevyn, Sugar, INgal and all for your supportive comments yesterday. And I see Time here as I write this.

When I said yesterday that I was sad, it was sad but true. That also illustrated a bit of a struggle I'm having regarding my relationship with SR. I see that most threads like this one begin with the person telling their "story". I haven't told mine, probably never will. I'm not a very open person. And it's difficult for me to admit to something as minor as being sad. That sounded to me like whining. I hate to whine. And in this circular self-evaluation, here I am whining about my whining. Go figure.

I recoil at the idea of seeking sympathy, so I'm going to attempt to make positive posts.

Toward that goal: Today is better. Thanks to reading all the threads I know the roller coaster ahead. I'm strapped in and ready to ride.
Hey Frank, welcome back. If you feel like sharing - you share. If not - you don't. It is that simple mate. Sometimes we need to get a load off, and we don't necessarily have an ear to bend. SR is great like that. Take it easy mate - baby steps. One day at a time.

I take it that I can congratulate you on day five - well done and hang in there. Keep visiting us here at SR.

Cheers

ZAB
Old 04-23-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

I think you're doing a great job, especially since you're sharing your experiences. This is valuable to us newbies :-)
Old 04-23-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's no need for you to share anything you don't want to Frank. It certainly doesn't mean you'll get less support if you don't.

D
Old 04-23-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Day 5 - very happy for you Frank. As Dee said, you never have to feel obligated to share - but you are among friends here. In the early days of getting sober it helped me to feel less anxious when I vented a bit, but we want you to do whatever's comfortable.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:04 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Frank
Old 04-23-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hope you are feeling better on day 5 Frank.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:51 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
~sb

You are not alone with your feelings of sadness or of not wanting to share your story. The main thing is that you are here and you are supported!

Keep staying stopped!!

love and hugs to you!
Old 04-23-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

You are not alone at all! I get sad really sad and I am very private about most of my issues but I still get a lot out of this forum everyday. Sometimes even if it is only to get outside my own head.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Share as little or as much as you want here, Frank. The important thing is to be here and to have faith in yourself.

Five days is an accomplishment. You've made the leap from wanting to change to making that change. That matters a lot. You may not realize it at the moment, but each day makes you a little stronger. You're the same person you were six days ago and you won't be six days from now, either. You're growing.

You can do this, Frank.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:29 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

In regards to sharing and feeling like it's a plea for sympathy. I so understand that. I have always tried to shoulder my load in that I know damn well others have it much worse than me, so what am I yammering on about, right ? Just buck up and deal with it soldier !

Except...

I have learned, the most about MYSELF, by listening to others struggles here. There is a certain fearlessness that comes from the raw vulnerability of being willing to put it all out there. You know, the whole, we are only as sick as our secrets thing ?

And in others doing just that, I have found, sharing my stories has done a few things. 1. It makes me feel like I'm not so alone. 2. It might help another and 3. It feels so good to let go of some of the weight of our burdens.

I read something today - it really impacted me. I hope it offers you some solace.

I want you to know that people are all blood and skin and soul and story. You are neither superior, nor inferior to anyone. You are traipsing through the same exact woods as the rest of humanity, you are caught in the same weather. Everyone has been maimed by the iron teeth of tragedy at some point in their lives.

If people are not limping, they are lying.

Congrats on 5 days.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alphaomega View Post
I have learned, the most about MYSELF, by listening to others struggles here. There is a certain fearlessness that comes from the raw vulnerability of being willing to put it all out there.
Thank you for the very thoughtful post, Alpha.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Day 6

When I crawled into the bottle I let everything slide, even the little things like shaving regularly, trimming toenails, or maintaining a proper inventory of Funyuns. Today, my Day 6, I vow to attend to those little things. I shall begin by burying dead soldiers.

My house looks like there was a shootout at Whiskey Gulch, empty bottles, dead soldiers, everywhere. I need to dispose of the bodies.

I considered using one of my hallways as a bowling alley and setting the empty booze bottles up as bowling pins. But the alley wouldn't have a gutter, and every alcoholic needs a gutter.

You see, prior to SR I was drinking about a fifth-and-a-half a day. That adds up to lotsa bottles. And I wouldn't throw the bottles away. It’s not like I treasured them. I just didn't want to put them out in curbside recycling for everyone to see. Still don’t. So, for this one day, I’m going to show utter disregard for the environment and just pitch the darn things in the garbage.

So there.

This will be the first of many items on my “Little Things” agenda.

Tomorrow I’ll vacuum the cat.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Just don't clip your toenails into the bag of Funyuns.