Notices

New

Old 04-20-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Frank, day 2 is awesome!

Man, each day has its own struggles, I don't care if you are on day 2 or day 2,000. I will tell you, though, it does get easier with time. You put the effort in today and you will be thankful you did tomorrow. Each day will get a little bit easier.

You've got the power to make this change happen. Stay strong and lean on us when ever you need!

We aren't going anywhere.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ccam1973 View Post
Frank, day 2 is awesome!
Thank you, Cam. This is not the first time I've tried to cross the Day 2/3 threshold. It's tough and I know it has been for everyone here who has crossed it. I think I'll make it this time, though. The most dangerous part of my day has passed.

Still can't get my (mostly) detoxed body interested in solid food. Lotsa moo juice though.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:16 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Sounds like you are more hopeful. Glad to hear the danger has subsided! When I was really sick once all I could eat was fruit cocktail, and that was after about a week. I could drink fluids though, that is so important.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Straightshoot View Post
Sounds like you are more hopeful.
I am more hopeful today, but I also know I need to gird my loins for the emotional roller coaster ahead. Actually, I don't even know what that means, just have always wanted to say "gird my loins".
Old 04-20-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FrankLapidas View Post
I am more hopeful today, but I also know I need to gird my loins for the emotional roller coaster ahead. Actually, I don't even know what that means, just have always wanted to say "gird my loins".
Well you sound humorous too. Emotions can be tough for sure. But we aren't human without them. I see this jeep around here sometimes and I love the saying on the wheel cover. One life, live it. Something like that.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hi Frank, I've followed this thread and it sounds like you've had a bit of a rough ride. Glad you are doing well. I believe it is important to get your digestive system working again and milk should help tremendously. I can only speak for myself, but once my appetite came back, everything else kind of fell into place, quickly. I've gone through that cycle quite a few times and its never fun. You can do it. I wish you the very best.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:14 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Day 3

One small step for Frank, one giant leap for the dairy industry (I can't believe how much milk I'm drinking)

The Day 2/3 hump has always been more like a mountain for me, but this time I made it over. I know Day 3 is a meager achievement for most folks here, but it's significant to me. Thank you all for your comments and support. Now, if I can just figure out a way to get some sleep . . .
Old 04-21-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Frank!!
Old 04-21-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
~sb

keep moving forward one day at a time!!
Old 04-21-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

One small step for Frank, one giant leap for the dairy industry (I can't believe how much milk I'm drinking)

The Day 2/3 hump has always been more like a mountain for me, but this time I made it over. I know Day 3 is a meager achievement for most folks here, but it's significant to me. Thank you all for your comments and support. Now, if I can just figure out a way to get some sleep . . .
Hey Frank,

You got to just keep on keeping on mate. The sleep thing does get better the longer you are sober. You will see, it does come. Well done with day three chap. You're doing great.

Cheers

ZAB
Old 04-21-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome job on day 3 Frank keep on keepin on
Old 04-21-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

I remeber my first day 3 Frank - nothign meagre about it - it was like scaling Everest to me.

Congratulations

D
Old 04-21-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Frank we're so proud of you for making Day 3. Like Dee, I remember it well. Such a huge achievement - and it'll only get better.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

You have come a long way Frank. Here's hoping you get some restful sleep.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I remeber my first day 3 Frank - nothign meagre about it - it was like scaling Everest to me.

Congratulations

D
10,000% This
Old 04-21-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee, Wolf, StraightShoot, Sugar, Hevyn, Boozer, INgal, Thomas, Cam, and all. It helps to have cheerleaders and supporters.

But despite your best efforts I'm about to go on a binge . . . a Netflix Daredevil binge watch.

Everything to excess.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hi frank! Great job!! Sounds like it's been tough, I'm rooting for you! Have you checked out the gratitude thread? I'm a terribly negative thinker and that's helped me see the good parts of my days and hear about others' accomplishments. It's good for the brain. Hugs to you
Old 04-22-2015, 10:55 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Day 4

Just checking in.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee, Wolf, StraightShoot, Sugar, Hevyn, Boozer, INgal, Thomas, Cam, and all. It helps to have cheerleaders and supporters. But despite your best efforts I'm about to go on a binge . . . a Netflix Daredevil binge watch. Everything to excess.
YES. Daredevil is so so good!

I'm glad you're going strong.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:18 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Just checking in.
Congratulations on day four Frank. I hope you're starting to feel a bit better now mate?

Cheers,

ZAB