SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day four and feeling good! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/364703-day-four-feeling-good.html)

JaneLane 04-14-2015 01:44 AM

Day four and feeling good!

Morning everyone

Day four here and I feel really good. I had my slip with one drink last week so I haven't had withdrawals this time aside from the ongoing foggy head and anxiety, but prior to slipping I only had a week sober so the fog hadn't had time to really clear.

I have two job interviews this week and I feel hopeful about change for the first time.

Will be sticking close to this amazing place on my phone and finally learning to be patient with myself.

Thanks everyone for your support and enjoy your day :-)

LBrain 04-14-2015 01:49 AM

glad you are feeling good on 4 days...

good luck with the job interviews

JaneLane 04-14-2015 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by LBrain (Post 5317218)
glad you are feeling good on 4 days... good luck with the job interviews

Thanks :-) going to do some preparation today and enjoy the sun!

ZaBoozer 04-14-2015 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by JaneLane (Post 5317212)
Morning everyone

Day four here and I feel really good. I had my slip with one drink last week so I haven't had withdrawals this time aside from the ongoing foggy head and anxiety, but prior to slipping I only had a week sober so the fog hadn't had time to really clear.

I have two job interviews this week and I feel hopeful about change for the first time.

Will be sticking close to this amazing place on my phone and finally learning to be patient with myself.

Thanks everyone for your support and enjoy your day :-)

Well done with the four days. My fog is still with me after eight days, but it comes and goes and gets less every day.

Good luck with the interviews

Soberwolf 04-14-2015 03:59 AM

Awesome job on day 4 JL

Ruby2 04-14-2015 06:46 AM

Good for you! Good luck on your interviews!

PickleMan 04-14-2015 10:41 AM

Good job on 4 days but something I have learned is that you have to work hard with recovery. I strongly suggest AA/NA meetings, working with a sponsor, or at least working through the 12 step program literature. I truly feel today that those methods are the most successful in producing long term sobriety

Good luck, the hard work continues every day

JaneLane 04-14-2015 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by PickleMan (Post 5317834)
Good job on 4 days but something I have learned is that you have to work hard with recovery. I strongly suggest AA/NA meetings, working with a sponsor, or at least working through the 12 step program literature. I truly feel today that those methods are the most successful in producing long term sobriety Good luck, the hard work continues every day

Hi pickle,

I'm attend AA :-) I really like the community feel of the meetings!

ArtFriend 04-14-2015 11:03 AM

Good luck on your interviews! Congrats on your 4 sober days. Here is to many more!

Chadders 04-14-2015 11:58 AM

Well done Jane! Day 4 for me too!
Best Wishes
C

Anna 04-14-2015 12:04 PM

Jane, congratulations on Day 4. Good luck with your job interviews and it's great that you're looking for change.