Blogs

Notices

No more excuses

Old 04-15-2015, 12:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

The outgoing calls, texts, and Facebook were one of main reasons for stopping. If the heart could stop beating due to pure shame from the phone and online activities in a blackout, I would have died a long time ago.

I had not thought of this in a while but there are about four people around town I never want to see you again due to cussing them out on Facebook in a blackout for no good reason. I am happy to say that I have not embarrassed myself online in nine months since my last drink.
The Following User Says Thank You to MelindaFlowers For This Useful Post:
aajajen (04-16-2015)
Old 04-18-2015, 02:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

4 days under my belt and now into day 5 AF. Feeling good about my progress but physically feeling crappy. Feeling anxious, mild withdrawal symptoms setting in and interrupted sleep but all minor things. Am sure this will pass soon.

It's so nice to wake up and remember what happened the night before, not be feeling full of regret and not feeling like I am dying a slow death which I have become so used to. I don't want to feel like that ever again.

Today I am wide awake, lucid and mind is full of thoughts about my future. It's amazing how much alcohol dulls your mind!

I am starting my Sunday with a 4km run and have booked into my first hot yoga class this week on Tuesday which will also mark 7 days AF. Hoping my addictive personality embraces this new healthy lifestyle!
Old 04-18-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

I hope there was a lesson in that "slip" from 5 days ago. One of the best things you can do, IMO, is to analyze why you drank again after a resolution not to do so. When I did this I found that there were several general patterns that lead me back to drinking again. It helped me to have a separate 'plan' for each one of these types of situations.
The Following User Says Thank You to awuh1 For This Useful Post:
aajajen (04-18-2015)