Notices

Should I go tonight?

Old 04-09-2015, 11:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

There are some great recordings of AA speakers on you tube that are handy if you can't get to a meeting. I have some downloaded to my mp3 player and sometimes listen in the car. Mickey B is my favourite as he makes me LOL.

When I went to Berlin last weekend I had lots of anxiety about it (Hen weekend - you can imagine!!) but I took the mp3 player with the speakers recordings on it, and my notepad with my daily reflections / prayers and inspirational AA quotes and sayings written in there, I also wrote out the questions for working through a resentment (all those women and me the only non-drinker, I suspected a few would pop up) and the resentment prayer.
I also had my Kindle with The Big Book, 12 and 12, Daily Reflections etc. on it.

I made a deal with myself (and the others) that I would 100% NOT be drinking. I was looking after me, not after drunk people, and would be going back to the hotel when things felt awkward of I got tired.

It was fine - but quite exhausting, but hopefully your camping trip won't be quite as boozy as the Hen weekend. Do you have your own tent, or are you sharing?? Do the people you're going with know about your decision not to drink, and are they supportive?
Old 04-10-2015, 01:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Originally Posted by Buggirl View Post
No excuses here, just working long hours. No desire to drink.

It's the meeting we did today that ensures no desire to drink tomorrow. As many an alcoholic can tell, if we don't stay active in our program, that compulsion has a habit of returning, and we find we have no defence.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gottalife View Post
It's the meeting we did today that ensures no desire to drink tomorrow. As many an alcoholic can tell, if we don't stay active in our program, that compulsion has a habit of returning, and we find we have no defence.
Thanks I needed to read this tonight! I considered skipping my meeting too, but off I go x
Old 04-10-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=GracieLou;5309272]Not sure about you but I was never, ever to tired to drink.

This is so true!!
Old 04-10-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Yeah, you can't control how many hours you work sometimes! I know that feeling. ;-)