Notices

Weekender , 10th of april 2015 , lets get through together

Old 04-12-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
TS, we don't run away
Not very fast, anyway ...

J/K!

We are here together and we understand what it's like to have a significant chemical presence and derangement in our everyday lives, and the fallout from that.

TS, lots of food for thought in your posts. Drinking does help me take off the mask I feel I need to deal with the everyday world -- not very trusting, me -- but that can easily go wrong in ways that sober me would not agree with.

Lucky to have people and places where I can take off the mask without the chemical help or excuse.

Best wishes for continuing health!
Old 04-12-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

TS,

This is how I know I'm in the right place. Support, empathy...and people who have also checked their eyes and succumbed to google for the liver information.

The amount of milk thistle and thistle tea I drank out of fear, then drank anyway!
Old 04-12-2015, 01:46 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Canguy, ditto on what Weasel said. You "sound" a lot better. It's nice to see.
....thanks Ruby, appreciated.

My weekend over now, Monday morning. Fly out this evening, plan in my pocket etc. ( got it, Weasel)

Will try and post again......if unable, then thanks for the weekend support, have a good Sunday all.

Later...
Old 04-12-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Safe travels Canguy!!
Old 04-12-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Old 04-12-2015, 02:19 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

About to go to bed. Thanks for all the support today, really enjoyed popping in and participating!

Have a good Monday everyone.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Jane, it was nice "meeting" you today. Get some rest.

One thing I've been thinking about lately is that my sister and I had the same childhood. I've had the spoiled moments of thinking she got off lucky, but she didn't. We had the same childhood. We just approached it differently. She reached out to others; I became more inward and destructive.

The biggest part of my plan and admittedly, sometimes the hardest to adhere to, is reaching out. But I did that a lot last week and it kept me sober for 8 days. I need to do that again.

SR is good for that because it is so immediate. I just have to use it.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:39 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

I have to say, all these comments about swimming in the ocean, long walks in nature, causal Sunday shopping, makes sobriety very glamorous and like a vacation ! Thanks for the constant motivation. I myself am finishing out my Sunday with some reading, a yoga class, and Game Of Thrones premiere... Ahhh the good life!
Old 04-12-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Strangeangel... that is the exact point of this thread!!!

To be able to meet and talk about the fun and opportunity to experience life that living sober brings.

Hope you will join us every weekend!
Old 04-12-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

And to that point Weasel, I just got back from a nice long trail run. It was great.
Six and a half months ago I would have been drunk right now. It's taken a little while but the blessings of sobriety are unfolding.

Speaking of running, my shoes need replacing. Any suggestions from you runners out there?
Old 04-12-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

fromadistance, my favorite running shoes were New Balance. I went to a shoe store that caters to runners and he analyzed my stride. I over pronate so I bought some New Balance runners that had a stability bar type thing in the front. It helped a lot and I hurt a lot less on longer runs. I really need a new pair but don't have the $150 at this point. Maybe I'll get a pair for my birthday.

But New Balance gets my vote
Old 04-12-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Thanks! I think I've got flat feet. Running in these shoes makes me feel like a duck!
Old 04-12-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Shoe Advisor | Runner's World & Running Times

I need to start running again.

That said, Mrs.Non suggested we order a pizza for dinner and I was like, D'OhKay!

Another fine weekend coming to an end. Gonna settle in to catch up on some Downton Abbey and then at 9 - WINTER IS COMING!

Keep it sober y'all!
Old 04-12-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

I went to the runners store and they watched me walk barefoot to observe and recommend the sneaker. Free service. I have a cool pair of Nike that have strong arch support. Very nice feel.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

My daughter wants me to watch GoT's so badly. I wish it was available on the Xbox. As for Downtown Abbey, I've heard great things about it as well and may add it to my queue once I'm done with Parenthood.

Netflix is so wonderfully horrible, lol. I can barely tolerate commercials anymore.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Checking in tonight. I need to stop betting mr. strat dinners for winning a bet. He made cod for dinner and it was still frozen in the center. He needs a Gordon Ramsay intervention, although maybe he scored his man card back. That's got to be it....getting back the man card.

FAD-I run in Brooks adrenaline GTS. I have flat feet and overpronate. These tend to wear out less quickly than the Brooks adrenaline.

Mesaman-I forgot to comment on you being down where they filmed the birds. I am not sure if any of you are familiar with the story, but algae can produce a toxin known as domoic acid. This toxin can accumulate in fish. In animals, domoic acid is a potent excitatory neurotoxin. The birds ate the fish that had accumulated the domoic acid, which ultimately caused for them to become confused and disoriented and ultimately resulted in their death. This event resulted in Hitchcock's plot for the birds.

Della-will make sure not to order clothing from infomercials. I have been guilty of getting some informercial products too. I have several shaun t programs. I really like the insanity program, but I do most of my insanity training at the gym since the moves change. The insanity 30 max is really hard, but it's good. I have his hip hop abs and rockin body (rockin body isn't bad, but it's cheesy).

Saoutchik-Can so relate. I don't miss having to check the recycle bin for how much I drank the night before, being mortified by how much I drank, and going through my texts to see if I sent anything stupid while I was drinking.

Weasel-good luck on the appointment. The cappucino cupcake sounds awesome!

Solarion-That is awesome you were able to pick up the congratulations album. This is my favorite MGMT song.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Downton Abbey and then at 9 - WINTER IS COMING!
Now THERE's a combination! Lady Mary could probably frost them all with a glance, as The Dowager smirks within. ;-)
Old 04-12-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  
saoutchik

We as a species are evolving into flatfootedness so those of you with flat feet you are more evolved. I have high arches

Off to bed now, I have my flat to myself again. I realise how daughter 2 and friends can do a late one on a Sunday, all they are on Monday is tired which isn't so tough when your 22. They are not hungover, wrecked, strung out or wasted, just tired. Why didn't I think of that when I was their age.Oh well.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone
Old 04-12-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strategery View Post
Solarion-That is awesome you were able to pick up the congratulations album. This is my favorite MGMT song.
I like how they include hints and echoes of other artists and their works.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Greetings Sober Enders!!!

I had a lovely weekend. I did a little cleaning, a little cooking, a little painting.
It was relaxing and productive.
I wish I could stay in my paint spattered sweats and get ready to watch MadMen, instead I must put on my fancy sweats and walk up to a local restaurant to have dinner with my family.
Fromadistance, I just got a pair of Merrill pace glove shoes and I love them. I am not a huge runner, but I do walk everyday and run maybe four days a week.....although my dog does look at me when we are running like, 'what? you call this running?'

Well, off I go for a nice stroll up the hill.

I hope everyone is doing well tonight!