Notices

Weekender , 10th of april 2015 , lets get through together

Old 04-12-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Mecanix,

The paperwork burning sounds very therapeutic! I totally agree that when it gets to that point, a clear out of epic proportions is necessary!
Old 04-12-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Nonsensical

Sounds like you went with your gut instinct, I know I am likely to have done the same thing.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

I woke up to colder temps than expected. Had to break out the emergency heat in one of our cucumber high tunnels. I hope they make it... High risk, high reward. High risk, high failure potential! Certainly nothing to drink about that's for sure.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:39 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

well, looks like the gym is postponed, I figured the boss would be hungry when she gets home so I made breakfast after I got the real dishwasher working. Thee taco omelet. Now just a few things to hand wash.
I have to get back into the paperwork purge. Get some laundry started. Endless things to do...

Nons - You just explained why I only lasted two weeks attempting to sell cars.

Della! There is a local department store that has a section devoted to the "As seen on TV" products. Gotta have a 'sham wow!'

Confession time. How many of these products do you have?

Old 04-12-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I'll confess. I have the blond on the left.

As far as breakfast, I had biscuits and sausage gravy.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Trees39 View Post
I sat in a chair for about 2 hours yesterday and thought about nothing. Absolutely nothing. Watched the breeze in the trees, watched the birds fly about, listened to the dog snuffling.
It's like my brain is rewiring itself.

I speak less, I think less and I'm getting more done. It's funny how you drink to deal with pain. When you don't drink you are not in pain anymore

I'm going start collecting stones.

The thing about collecting stones is, don't put too much thought into it.

Love your post. It really says a lot.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Old 04-12-2015, 05:47 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

A lot!!!!! and there are a lot more that I had and got rid of that didn't work...my stuffed burger maker and magic meatloaf pan have been big hits. I do have to say my relationship with oxy clean started on tv many years ago and we are still together. It's lasted longer than all my other relationships.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Good morning! Welcome JaneLane. Good to see you here.

Canguy, ditto on what Weasel said. You "sound" a lot better. It's nice to see.

I want to respond to lots but I'm going to an 8 a.m. meeting. Just watched my cat chase up a tree after a squirrel. Backed off when I caught her eye. See you later
Old 04-12-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
well, looks like the gym is postponed, I figured the boss would be hungry when she gets home so I made breakfast after I got the real dishwasher working. Thee taco omelet. Now just a few things to hand wash. I have to get back into the paperwork purge. Get some laundry started. Endless things to do... Nons - You just explained why I only lasted two weeks attempting to sell cars. Della! There is a local department store that has a section devoted to the "As seen on TV" products. Gotta have a 'sham wow!' Confession time. How many of these products do you have? <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZFEUhJe0iU">YouTube Link</a>

I don't have any of those products! When I'm shopping I watch the TV they always have installed above the display and get all cynical haha.

My dad has that shake weight though! Last time I saw him I laughed so much.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:24 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Why, do you suppose, does a Wine Club ad appear in my facebook feed? I haven't posted anything (or replied to any posts) about alcohol in more than 2 years. Puzzling.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Up at 6:30 AM today. Had macaroni salad with tuna, peas and corn mixed in for breakfast, then some iced tea.

Pulling out of a funk, or the funk is subsiding with time. Never got out of the house farther than the mailbox yesterday. Took a nap after dinner. Spent a long time browsing for books and movies on Scribd and Netflix, saving many for later which I will never read or watch. Free-floating discontent all evening, and I was feeling so contented recently.

Didn't feel like going out to see a band, to be around people. I would have just felt lonelier in a crowd. [Note: even when I was drinking I would usually only pay cover at a club and just drink water there -- Mr. Thrifty Solitary Drinker.] I did eventually read part of "A Return to Love" before I went back to bed.

News of militant anti-gay Christian blackshirts in Brazil made me feel like drinking this morning. Just another nice warm punch in the gut "because God said so."

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and so what. I need to get out of this mood.

I did watch a couple videos by MGMT and one by "Of Monsters and Men" that cheered me up a little. Recently there has been a local radio station that I like (there have been years when it was slim pickins radio-wise) and the lyrics "family of trees falling, to be haunted" caught my ear, so that's how I found MGMT, whose song "Kids" that comes from. I was surprised to find that MGMT is an American band, because they seemed Euro in the videos, maybe Swedish. But cool to have found them.

Anyway, blah blah blah. I'll live. Sheets are clean and I'm not hungover.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Good Sunday morning! II never take feeling good on Sunday morning for granted and am so grateful.
Hi Jane and trees . Welcome! I'm so glad you joined us. Trees, I loved your post about the positive changes in your life in sobriety. You are so right...and we drank to cope with stress and anxiety , when drinking made us more anxious. I'm so glad to be done with that.
Mellow day planned around here. Walk, maybe breakfast with a friend, and then I need to do some work around the house. and some yard work.
I love Sunday's. ..
Old 04-12-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

3rd sober weekend and I'm really beginning to enjoy them! Lounging in bed until I'm ready to get up.. No guilt, no rushing no " i was drunk Friday, hungover Saturday, feel awful today, so I must get so much done !" Coffee and run with a friend, laundry, read, yoga. Wonderful. Seems as though we're all enjoying exercise and spring weather.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

On a lighter note, here are some high-diving giraffes:

(no giraffes were harmed or distressed during the making of the video)
Old 04-12-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I am having to work on teaching stuff today. It seems like I get stuff done only to have more stuff piled on.

Janelane-welcome! It's great to have you here!

Bmac-I took mr. strat to bed bath and beyond. They gave him some tasks and more forms to get his man card reinstated. I hope you got your shower curtains, bed sheets, and curtains up since it's SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!

Ruby-heh. Your cat knew it was up to no good and was caught. We will catch our pets up to no good and they'll look at us and slow down, but still look at us and continue what they were doing. Has the mallow madness begun?

Solarion-I love MGMT. Have you checked out Oracular Spectacular by them? It is my favorite album by them. Sending hugs your way.

M-glad the paper burning was therapeutic for you.

Lbrain-that dishwasher has been your bane for awhile now.

Trees-congrats on 60 days! That is awesome!

Nons-I wouldn't worry too much about helping that couple. Your company got more than if they had walked away and didn't pay. Maybe facebook sees you coming to threads that talk about alcohol and figures you are in the market for wine.

Della-were there any as advertised on tv products you haven't been happy with that you got?

Weasel-you have Barrett's esophagus? I can understand why you have to be on acid suppressant drugs forever.

Strangeangel-keep up the great work!
Old 04-12-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

I think my most epic failures involved done jeggins and a wonder bra so I steer clear of clothes
Old 04-12-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Back from my meeting. It's like the weekender thread in person.

Trees, I enjoyed reading your post. Very relaxing.

Mec, good for you on shedding paper and books. I started weeding through books but still have so many. Paper clutter is still a work in progress. It's freeing.

Weas, I'm sorry that Tommy is smoking again. Like all the other addictions, you have to want to. I was hospitalized for three days with a kidney infection years ago and instead of taking it as a running jump in quitting smoking as my dad suggested, I resented being in the hospital and couldn't wait to get out to have my first cigarette. Sick, actually. Goes with the "what will it take? A heart attack?" line of questioning.

We're off for church. Strat, good luck with your class prep. I hope you can get it done quickly so you can otherwise enjoy the day.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

That's amazing solarion. I wonder how long that took to create!
Old 04-12-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

D'OH! ~

This Doe was the only one wandering by last night at Sunset; positioning herself nicely for this Pic out the Kitchen Window while I polished off some Fruit & Yogurt.

Tnx to Solarion for mentioning the catchy Tune linked below. 'Clear Channel' Corp. owns much of the Radio World, and this Tune gets plenty of Air Time on their numerous Stations via what they call 'Heavy Rotation'. Radio Corp. Speak for 'play the Poop outta this one'. >42 million Hits on You Tube.

A laid back Sunday scheduled around here. The Sushi Roll for Breakfast yesterday sat well, but I don't know what's on tap this morning. Strong Coffee thus far, and a chillin' Mental Attitude. In ~1/2 hour, the local Hip_Eye Mountain Radio Station starts a 2 hour Program of Sunday Chill Music that ranges from 'MC Yogi' to Celtic Chants. Great stuff...

I've gotten reasonably good at not letting Guano going on out in the World affect me much one way or another. It takes Discipline and Practice, but what I else I have got to do in Sobriety, eh? So, bummer Tee Shirts made in Brazil might constitute a Practice Run at chillin'. It ain't easy. But, it is simple. Just Me and my Mind...

'Kids' ~ MGMT
-

-