Notices

Weekender , 10th of april 2015 , lets get through together

Old 04-11-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

I'm in. Sorry I'm a bit late.
I'm typing on my phone so I can't read all the replies.
My laptop went to sleep and didn't wake up a while ago. Well, it could have been brought back to life at a cost of €120, which I thought was a bit steep. I checked with my brother, the family "computer expert" who said "I bought it second hand for €200 so do not under any circumstances pay €120 to get it fixed".
Ok, so he will be home in May for Grandma's 90th. Apparently himself and his wife will have two laptops (for people) in each suitcase, so we will see how it works out

So what can I say?
Well, hand on heart, this is the happiest I have been in a long, long time. I really like my workmates. On Friday there is a real camaraderie. I usually start work at 8:30. I am the administrator so they are usually ahead of me. Last Friday someone said at 9:30 "who is coming for coffee break/"second breakfast?"
(Note the Hobbit reference)
One thing I have noticed is that I have gained some weight. I was never huge but when I first got sober my brother used to call me "chicken legs". No fear of that now! My mother cried when she saw me back then. I bought a pair of black pants the last time I was on holiday in France which I can no longer zip up. But it's ok. I'm happy
It's hard working in an office. It's always someone's birthday or someone is arriving or leaving or it's Monday or Friday and we have chocolates in the office
No wonder my brother always said "computer work is why I play handball in the evening".
So I'm going to eat this magnum before I go for a walk in the sun and I will think of all of you.

Happy weekend
Old 04-11-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Anyway I would like to show a picture of my bunny but my phone won't let me post pictures for some reason.

Lol at the Nicholas Sparks comment.
I saw a film of his at the cinema. I can't remember which one. He kind of reminds me of a male Danielle Steele if that makes sense?
Old 04-11-2015, 12:24 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Well, I ended up exercising my sleeping muscles this morning instead of going to the gym. Had some mamey* ice cream, almonds and iced tea for lunch. Just heard the mail truck go by. I feel like going out and doing something other than shopping, but shopping might be my only option (other than riding my bike around the block or actually going to the gym). Yup, I need to at least get out of the house, no matter what.

*Mexican/Central American fruit
Old 04-11-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Tetra, you sound so good! Good and happy! I am so happy for you. You deserve to be happy. Keep going!
Old 04-11-2015, 12:47 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Weekenders
Old 04-11-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

okay, every time I try to post I get distracted by something...

bluebird? first I ever heard the expression "smashing" a pizza. Unless that it what you actually did. I assume it means you gorged yourself...

what else... oh Kim K - yes, the caucuses remark. Armenia is to the caucuses what nebraska is to the rockies - I think. I will actually be in the caucuses on the other side of the hill in a couple months - assuming my visa gets approved. I'll do my best to promote world peace. However, I saw in the newspaper this morning that a certain female politician is about to announce her candidacy for a certain public office here in the us of a. And if elected to said office, this brain will be looking for a country to move to. I was gonna buy land in upstate new york some years back but decided against moving to a state of people that actually was brilliant enough to elect this person to the senate.
Sorry...

In other news, I saw an old work mate from 13 years ago. Getting some contacts and networking going. A real job is somewhere in my future. Latest report was a buck-fifty per diem and around a buck an hour straight pay... plus incentives... I could sacrifice a couple years of my life for that.

Need to start working on my off the grid housing plans once I am gainfully employed once again.

Thank you for all of the suggestions M and strat, for getting a working party together to clean up the watershed. It will definitely take some effort to coordinate something like this. 2 different townships own the land for starters, and the only way in is to walk,
but there is definitely potential for a couple business to cough up some bux for a picnic...
Old 04-11-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Weasel, I posted both from my phone. Before gym and after. Sometimes when I hit the post reply button it does a time out. Must have hit it twice by accident.

just got back from the park with the kids and one of my daughter's friends. gorgeous weather. A zillion robins on the grass, grazing for worms. It was funny to see. And I got interrupted so I forgot some of my comments though I did laugh at saoutchik's Kim K comment on world peace. Famous for being famous and vacuous. An entire family of plastic people. Odd
Old 04-11-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Must be spring. All I hear now is lawn equipment. Incessant whine of a leaf blower. Ah. Silence.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Invigorated by outside time today!!!!!
Old 04-11-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

a zillion? are you sure ruby, a zillion is a lot. a billion maybe...

I am blessed with a chorus of robins every morning and a couple cardinals vying for territory, my usual pair of doves have staked their claim as well. It's funny watching this one robin (pair) maintaining a presence in the crab apple tree in front - ready to take on all comers.
venison tacos on the menu today.

now this is what I call dancing...

Old 04-11-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Great to hear Viking!

I have 52 with a real feel of 44! Maine spring..... Ah!

Heading out to get new sneakers. Spring requires them.

Then finally get to make those muffins. One of my favorites.

I have to say this time of day is tough. Never seems to leave me. But staying busy always helps.

K
Old 04-11-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Glad your in a good place Tetra

Well done for beating the Tykes Bluebird
Old 04-11-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

From about three to five is/was tough for me too Weasel. So for me when 'it's five o'clock somewhere' the worst is over. And that's not too bad anymore on the biggest majority of days. Gym done. Yard mowed. Ants poisoned. Lowes run next and then time to think food. Today is a yes carbs day....oh the possibilities!
Old 04-11-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

HaF - planning ahead is definitely the key to healthy eating and actually sticking to it. I always plan two weeks ahead and don't keep snacks in, then simply follow that plan. Easier said than done when take aways are readily available!

After my sister left I headed to my OHs house. He then wanted to go shopping for snacks and he ended up getting a 4 pack. His analysis of my drinking is different to mine. He seems to think that if I just think 'I'm not going to let myself get depressed and suicidal when I drink and I'll just stop when I get too wasted' then I'll be Ok. So I ended up buying a 4 pack too. I was thinking of drinking them but then thought about the disappointment and shame I would feel inside myself when posting back here. So its 22.45 and I am sober. IM TOTALLY BLOODY SOBER! The 4 pack is going warm in the corner still in the shopping bag. This is the first time this has happened in about 16 Years. I am one happy bunny right now. Thank you to you all. x
Old 04-11-2015, 03:02 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Rose.....that's great. And Tetra, you sound a lot brighter.

I had to look to wikipedia for Nicholas Sparks. Don't know his,...uh, 'works'. But maybe life is too short.

L......'certain person', lol. Without getting p******al here.....isn't it 'certain people'?

Anyway.

Sat night.....got txted, invited out by an occasional date for 'a drink'. Which usually translates as 'get trashed'. With me paying for alcohol and taxis. Stayed home.....not tempted, really didn't want to go. Must be getting old...

Okay Sunday morning. Got to get house organised for my guest.....
Old 04-11-2015, 03:34 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

I stand by my estimate of a zillion. Or two. There were probably fifty of them dotting the grass. I'm prone to exaggeration at times.

Weasel, this is a tough time for me too. Gorgeous day and our real feel was warm. I'm having cravings but for me I know it will go away when I eat. Too nice to cook today. So I was going to see if kids wanted to go out.

Rose, maybe donate that 4 pack to your housemates. Get it out of mind and out of the corner. Good job though!! That's great that you are sober!!!

I'm going to shower. Didn't do it after the gym today.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Tetra, you do sound brighter. I'm glad you are enjoying your job.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Hey Rose, Ruby may have a tendency to exaggerate sometimes, but she's not fooling when she says to give that 4 pack to one of your housemates or just some passerby.

20 demerits for picking it up in the first place!

FAD - I looked up the wood duck to see its range, I was unaware it is also called a Carolina Duck.

My ground venison is 98% fat free - I do it myself. Tacos are awesome.
shredded cabbage, lettuce, tomato, black olives, cheese and hot sauce. Onions were cooked with the burger and my secret store bought taco mix - all chemicals included. Year old taco shells - they're kind like twinkies and peeps. 2 year max I think.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder if peeps would outlast twinkies during the next nuclear holocaust. OH! That would be the first...

Many more nuclear warheads laying around than we really wish to acknowledge. Did anyone notice that the doomsday clock ticked forward following the latest 'thing' in Ukraine? Well if we have a nuclear war, I don't want to miss it because I am passed out drunk somewhere for sure.
I want to remember it.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

I already plan on leaving the lager with my OH. There's no way I can take it home and have it there waiting for a moment of weakness. I figure if I don't have anything to hand then I will have to make a journey to a shop to get booze, which will make me less likely to cave. X
Old 04-11-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Awwwww... My elderly diabetic cat... Big orange Henry... I heard a thud.... Poor thing rolled off his bed. The stunned look on his face was priceless! I jumped up and cuddled him... He was still half asleep. Layed him back in his bed.

But was that freaking awesome! I mean... AWwwww... Poor thing!