Notices

Weekender , 10th of april 2015 , lets get through together

Old 04-11-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Rubi Light sounds like a good pick to me, Saoutchik!

Way to go Rose! Enjoy your visit with your sister!

No gymnastics class this morning. I just didn't have it in me to get up, get everyone dressed and get out the door. I didn't sleep much last night. I've had it reinforced now that one of the most crucial aspects in early sobriety is to establish a routine, no matter what it is, and follow it. Make yourself do it, even if you don't want to. I feel discombobulated just by missing the one class and it's my daughters class. Because once you give yourself permission, just for today, to slide, it becomes easier to do. Put it off. I don't feel like it. I felt like I was waking back up to alcoholic unmanageability. Stick with the schedule!

Weasel, when you said it was finally 60 I was still tired and thought you meant turning 60 years old and thought "that can't be?!". You're next big bday isn't 60. Threw me.

I think I'm going to follow you all to the gym. I was sore yesterday from the day before but it's a good sore. Except for my calves. I've never had stiff calves before. Tried a new machine.

Brain, you must have the patience of a saint to untangle all that line. I admire your cleaning up. I do it to a lesser extent. Always picking up trash. I hate to see it all over the place. People want to keep their cars clean so instead of waiting to find a trash container, they hurl it out the window. So long as their car's clean, I guess it's alright

Ok. Time to get dressed to work out. See you all later.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Now taking care of some chores, and later on I am having Debtors Anonymous meeting.
Have a great Saturday, all!
OMG! Please don't tell that loan sharks or debt collectors are chasing you.
Heard some awful stories lately. Hope it's not your case!!
Old 04-11-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strategery View Post
Freddybear-I love your avatar. Is it a bunny or a guinea pig? You made a wise decision with not going to the bar.
It's my home bunny. Pic was taken over a year ago, but she haven't changed much
Old 04-11-2015, 08:11 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Originally Posted by FreddyBear View Post
OMG! Please don't tell that loan sharks or debt collectors are chasing you.
Heard some awful stories lately. Hope it's not your case!!
FreddyBear - Not yet, but I am in quite a predicament, so finding to keep my cool and find my way out with it. Just like it used to be with wine - one day at a time.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Court jester

So I drove to Bed, Bath and Beyond this morning, listening to "The Notebook" on audio CD, ready to relinquish the man card. I approached customer service and handed my man card to the gentleman behind the counter.

He just looked at me and asked, "Keepin Up with the Kardashians?"

"No", I said, "Married at Frist Sight".

He replied, "Oh, I see. Well, there is a backroom over by the microfibre fitted sheets section. In there are items you can purchase which can reinstate your man card"

So I bought this and proudly walked out, man card safely tucked in my wallet.

Old 04-11-2015, 09:57 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

No gymnastics class this morning. I just didn't have it in me to get up, get everyone dressed and get out the door. I didn't sleep much last night. I've had it reinforced now that one of the most crucial aspects in early sobriety is to establish a routine, no matter what it is, and follow it. Make yourself do it, even if you don't want to. I feel discombobulated just by missing the one class and it's my daughters class. Because once you give yourself permission, just for today, to slide, it becomes easier to do. Put it off. I don't feel like it. I felt like I was waking back up to alcoholic unmanageability. Stick with the schedule!

Weasel, when you said it was finally 60 I was still tired and thought you meant turning 60 years old and thought "that can't be?!". You're next big bday isn't 60. Threw me.

I think I'm going to follow you all to the gym. I was sore yesterday from the day before but it's a good sore. Except for my calves. I've never had stiff calves before. Tried a new machine.

Brain, you must have the patience of a saint to untangle all that line. I admire your cleaning up. I do it to a lesser extent. Always picking up trash. I hate to see it all over the place. People want to keep their cars clean so instead of waiting to find a trash container, they hurl it out the window. So long as their car's clean, I guess it's alright

Old 04-11-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Argh! Double post. Sorry all.!

What's with the bed bath and beyond thing? I heard on the radio yesterday that they are going to introduce a grocery section with wine and beer so no accidentally straying into that aisle. Nice man shower shield, BMac! Curtain doesn't sound manly enough.

I worked out and am back home. Ran an errand. Now will work on chores.

I went to gas station and guy in back of me was buying beer. It's gorgeous outside today. Warmer and bright sun. I just thought "poor you" to the man. Waste the day by getting wasted. Although, being an alcoholic I assumed it was all for him. Maybe he was buying for a party.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

okay - BMAC! I have shopped at bbb, I have done my share of home decorating, I spent a lot of time single, and I kept a woman friendly atmosphere - it paid off nicely and my man card was intact.

But I wonder, were you issued your preteen boy card with that shower curtain?

I forgot what I was going to post about - that took right out of my thinking.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in.

Midnightblue-that is awesome you had such a warm welcome back!

Lbrain-I seriously cracked up at your comment on the shower curtains.

Bmac-I caught a glimpse of Keeping up with the Kardashians last night. With just that short glimpse, I was stunned by and frightened by the amount of plastic surgery some of them have had done. Some of them look Michael Jacksonish.

Ruby-can relate with not following through on a set schedule. I feel the same thing if I don't follow through. You got a workout in which is awesome. You should be very proud of that!

Considering all the talk about man cards, I found this, which I thought was funny.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Court jester

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post

But I wonder, were you issued your preteen boy card with that shower curtain?
I'll respond to this in kind later. Right now there's a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger marathon on Cartoon Network.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

oh boy, things you can't unsee Strat... obviously photo shopped. But when I was at the store his morning the kid stocking eggs was slim and six feet tall wearing pants with a 28" inseam. And his crack was showing between his ratty flannel shirt (not lumbersexual)
and his brown corduroy pants. Cured me of wanting to pick up eggs.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Monster Trucks are Puss.

Here in the Wild West, we blow up Dynamite at our Charity Fund Raisers. Note the Manly Poetry mid-Webpage. Touching, eh? Safety Procedures are over-the-top careful, BTW.

Gateway CO Dynamite Shoot Webpage

Most all of Gateway and surrounds is owned by the Gent who started 'The Discovery Channel', et al. His amazing Car Collection is at the pricey Resort he built adjacent. Resort Room Rates range from $399/Night to $499/night with ~20% on top of that in various Taxes. Quite the transformation for this area of decrepit Uranium Mines.

We popped by to see the Car Museum, and had $15- Sandwiches for Lunch. Da Wife ordered a Martini. I ordered my usual Lemonade. The lovely, young Waitress looked at me and - in this incredulous Voice - said: 'Really'? A reminder of living Sober in America. I Tipped her well anyway. Something about Sobriety makes me magnanimous.-)

LBrain's tale makes me think of a great Business Name: 'Plumbers, But...'

Gateway Auto Museum Galleries

Gateway Canyon Resort

-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Dynamite Shoot.JPG (59.5 KB, 34 views)
Old 04-11-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Bmac View Post
So I drove to Bed, Bath and Beyond this morning, listening to "The Notebook" on audio CD, ready to relinquish the man card. I approached customer service and handed my man card to the gentleman behind the counter.

He just looked at me and asked, "Keepin Up with the Kardashians?"

"No", I said, "Married at Frist Sight".

He replied, "Oh, I see. Well, there is a backroom over by the microfibre fitted sheets section. In there are items you can purchase which can reinstate your man card"

So I bought this and proudly walked out, man card safely tucked in my wallet.

Oh my Gawd... perfection!
Old 04-11-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post

Now Miss Ruby... I love you to tears. But your double post was 2 hours and 20 minutes apart? You need rest! This is hilarious. I am laughing with you... never at you!
Old 04-11-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

They have matching sheets Bmac....

Old 04-11-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Court jester

Originally Posted by strategery View Post
They have matching sheets Bmac....
Sweet! I'll swing by and pick them up SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!
Old 04-11-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
saoutchik

LBrain effortlessly holds on to man card

Back in January when I was getting about 1 hours sleep a night I would watch obscure late night shows
, one of them was about Nicholas Sparks who I never heard of and wish I hadn't. He was vile

Good work on that sushi rice Mesa. On a good day mine is "acceptable" I bought a second hand rice cooker too that helps. I suppose for anyone thinking of doing it, now is a good time to buy the rice as I believe California drought is putting price up

Strat Kim K is currently in the Caucasus sorting out a few conflicts and stuff. I expect World peace any day now

ORANGE!
Old 04-11-2015, 11:21 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Just back from going to see Women in Gold. Really good movie. Done well. Go see it. Spoiler. She winssssss!

Oh sorry for that... I go and quietly take a seat half way up on the isle. I don't pay much attention to people. But I see someone waving to me a few seats down. It was some of my peoples from the bar I used to go to. I know one of them to well to not move over next to them. The other dude... I will use that loosely... I have never met.

The other fellow... was loud... sang along with a sound of music song during a preview...laughed loudly when all was quiet... and clapped at one point. I noticed others turn and looking.

Now I am quiet person. I could be invisible for all you know. Not this guy.... He is the kind of guy that leaks air with every sentencesssss. Damn... I did it again.

Its like being in the south and starting to talk with a draw... only worsssseee. Doh!!!

Anyway... getting ready to make lemon poppy muffins.

Hmmmmm.....
Old 04-11-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Just smashed the biggest pizza I've ever had, relaxing night watching films now. Hope you're all well
Old 04-11-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

All right... enough fun for a day. Not as nice as they said out. The wind makes it colder than 50. Tomorrow should be better.

Hope everyone is doing well. Staying strong and sober.

K