Notices

Guess What Day It Is

Old 04-08-2015, 05:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Court jester

Happy Wednesday family!
Old 04-08-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

No parties on the horizon for me. At least none that I know about.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Thanks brain!

I don't technically have a hump day cause I only work Monday-Thursday! (Rough life, I know!) ha!

Happy Wednesday y'all!
Old 04-08-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Still Wednesday down here south o' Mexico way.

Going out for coffee tomorrow with a new friend after work, should be fun to chat with a fellow anglophile who's my age (35-40) and who seems to have their stuff together. Half of the English-speakers down here are young tourists or backpackers who have their eyes on the party scene. The other half of English-speakers are retired and could care less about the day-to-day challenges for those of us who work for a living. Should be refreshing. At worst, it's great networking.

Hope to be head to the Pacific coast this weekend and soak in the ocean and drink coconut water straight from the source. Flying solo, need a weekend to explore and enjoy my surroundings without distraction. Two more days of work until lift-off, glad we're all over the hump!
Old 04-08-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Interesting that I don't have a hump day - every day is the weekend for me.
I decided to go fishing. Around 3ish the fish truck showed up creekside. I was wondering what all the people were doing sitting in their cars. Waiting for the fish man to dump buckets of fish in the creek for them to fish out ASAP. I joined up with the fish people and followed the truck around to different stocking points on my creek and two others.
I humped buckets of fish and put them in the stream. I was wearing waders so I just didn't heave a bucket of fish into the creek. I walked em down and deposited some here, some there. I think I carried a couple hundred fish myself - easily.
Now I know where they are And I made sure they would still be there a few months from now if not all summer. I did my volunteer work for the day. About three hours total and drove about 20 miles.

Glad I was able to help out RunnerBean. Every little bit of inspiration helps.

Don't forget to check out the weekender thread tomorrow. Mecanix will be running the show this weekend so no funny stuff.

Also noticed that I am tired and ready for bed. A few hours of worked took it's toll on me. Plus I fished for a couple more hours until dark. Already have the missus lunch packed and ready to serve her breakfast/dinner. Then nighty-night.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I work on the week ends so hump day was never a big thing for me but that was really a very good post LBrain

Old 04-08-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

That just makes so much sense. Dump fish in so people can catch them. That's a little bit cray, LB. But then, people are weird.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I work Mon-Thursday too Brynn but I would rather have Brains schedule.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
quat

I glad that on the whole it seemed a good one for all the thread. But to be honest I've always had a problem with " hump day ". It's probably just me but I just have a hard time being totally comfortable with it , I mean c'mon a d followed by an n , and what is the d silent or not ? Or what? Drives me nuts
Old 04-08-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I think I'll take a page from Brain's book and turn in early. All this work out talk on the weekend thread got to Me and I not only signed up again at the gym but worked out a little. That and little Miss Ruby was sick at 4:30 in the morning. Kids are both asleep. Mr. Ruby out of town for work. I'm tired of housework and I can indulge.

See you on the weekend thread tomorrow.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Brain, that was quite the day you had! Good for you keeping track of the fish truck and helping out.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

haha Della, bet you wouldn't want my paycheck tho...

I was asked if I wanted to be a volunteer fish warden. Get deputized and carry a sidearm too! Maybe if I truly was really 'retired' with bucks. Saying I'm retired sounds better than, "I got fired."
Old 04-08-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I retired for 5 months...
Old 04-08-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
That just makes so much sense. Dump fish in so people can catch them. That's a little bit cray, LB. But then, people are weird.
That's exactly what I was thinking!! But then again...I'm not a fisherman so what do I know!
Old 04-08-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I work Saturday morning. I did that on purpose. I clean houses. There is no way I can use/drink and do that job.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hey...whatever works Latte!

Oh brain and Della....I was in the "retired" club too...ugh!
Old 04-08-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Good for you Latte. I think that's a great plan.

Retired? Don't think I'll ever see the day.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:18 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Court jester

The only retiring I will do is in about 45 mins. when I retire to bed....only to awaken to another day on the job.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

brynn, Della, LB - I think many of us spent some time in "early retirement" at some point, me included.

These days I work 6am-3pm daily from home. I enjoy it, I spend all day doing Skype meetings with my colleagues and talking on VOIP with clients, I am not lonely at all and it feels quite social. The "home office" is separate from the rest of my living space, but if I don't get out and travel on the weekends I often get a bit stir-crazy. I also try to spend most of my time off work outside of my house - so instead of rushing home after work like most people, I do the opposite and get the hell out of here as fast as I can after 3pm!