Notices

Memory is improving

Old 04-07-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Memory is improving

Six months in and I am starting to notice my memory is improving drastically. Unfortunately I'm noticing that many people were taking advantage of my being burnt out. Lying, stealing...and by using the same lines they are still using. I work in a bar still. There are a lot of bad people there. Not all, but some. I'm also not as jumpy and defensive. I'm starting to realize that some people have issues...and they have nothing to do with me

Jennifer
Old 04-07-2015, 04:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Yes, it seems the more sober time gained the clearer the water in the memory well. Good or bad these recollections are grace.........subtle rebukes of what was lost or what doors were closed. Also, a path for the future!

Six Months is Great!!!!
Old 04-07-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

a song lyric..
"I once was blind, but now I see..."

Glad you are beginning to appreciate the benefits of being sober. You will continue to see improvements. Around the 9 month point is when something happened for me. Can't explain it, but you'll understand when it hits you.

Congrats on six months.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are so right, people really do have huge issues. I am glad you are doing well! Take Care!
Old 04-07-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff CG
Old 04-07-2015, 08:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've been noticing my memory is not so good and i'm not as alert as I thought I would be sober. It's the start of day 4 for me.
I'm so glad to know it gets better.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

6 Months is fantastic Jennifer!!
Old 04-07-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

"People have issues."

yup.

It keeps getting better, CG. You are a rock.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hello CG!

So glad to hear you have 6 months. Yay!!!

I also worked at a bar and drank EVERY night I worked. Can u imagine how much I cost the place... It was pretty bad.

I'm also glad you are starting to notice these people that way you can protect yourself. It is great that you are sobER because you can perform better at work and see things coming.

See Ya around
Old 04-07-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That's encouraging CG, I am looking forward to an improved memory down the road. Awesome that you have been able to keep on track in spite of your work environment; I think that takes a lot of strength and commitment.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

countrygirl what what mmm have to think about that. .hahaha what was the question.. golly how did that get in the fridge again. hahahah. you will be ok.. and then you get older ekekekkeek run run .. and take your vitamins hahahaha love ardy.. hugs hugs hugs mmm what were we talking about. 65 and still running
Old 04-07-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You guys are doing great. Keep it up, there is so many improvements in so many ways. It just gets better everyday. And now I'm curious what's going to happen in the next few months...hold that thought...let me think about today. That's how I got here. One day at a time.
As far as my yucky bartending job I can't seem to get out of, I block out what I'm doing. I just don't think about it at all. Unbelievably, I have never had a real craving at work. I don't daydream or fantasize about drinking AT ALL. If I do that, I'm done. If the thought about drinking pops in my head, I start thinking of something else, usually stuff I have to do.

Jennifer
Old 04-08-2015, 11:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
a song lyric.. "I once was blind, but now I see..." Glad you are beginning to appreciate the benefits of being sober. You will continue to see improvements. Around the 9 month point is when something happened for me. Can't explain it, but you'll understand when it hits you. Congrats on six months.
Now I want to know what happens at 9 months, lol

Jennifer