Notices

Starting over again.

Old 04-04-2015, 09:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting over again.

So, due to my accident I'm looking for new jobs. I was getting into personal training and well, that's not an option now.

I can move around, just not at the level needed to do classes.

I have a decent enough amount of money to keep myself going for, I'd say around 9 months, if i live frugally.

Emotionally I'm struggling with this change, and am at a loss of what to do now.

Obviously I know you guys can't go "hey, start this career!" because we're all different.

But if anyone else has had to go through something similar career wise, advice on how to go around this process would be really appreciated.

I struggled not drinking when this first came about, I think I just need a goal. A purpose. I mean, there's only so many hours I can watch tv.

Tom.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it might be good to think about things you have an interest in, apart from personal training of course.

The journey has to start somewhere

D
Old 04-04-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well I think I know what I want to do. I've been learning Spanish with the help of a friend and think teaching languages would be the way to go. I seem to have a knack for it. Plus it's an undersubscribed subject, so a job at the end would be all but guaranteed.

Going to university at my age might seem a little strange, but stranger things have happened I suppose!

I guess I'm lacking confidence in the education department as I never excelled academically. But, I see no reason why not, I could get funding.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I went back to school in at almost 40 and am just finishing my Bachelor's degree up at 45! So you're not too old. If nothing else maybe some part time work will extend your cash reserves.

Good on you for not drinking! That won't help. And I hope you can keep the physical activity up to some degree. It's easy to let your body go after an injury.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sounds like a plan Thomas

Really good to hear from you bud
Old 04-05-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I went back to school for another degree at 40. Never too old. There was a story of a grandmother (60+) who went to get her degree because she always wanted to.