Notices

Hello, I'm Alex! :)

Old 04-05-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

They measure pregnancy by 2 weeks prior to when you became pregnant. I had my transfer the day before my sobriety day. I took my final tapered dose that night. I had tapered for a week prior so withdrawal wouldn't be so hard on the embryos. And yes, I am well aware that I should have been clean long before pregnancy, but I kept putting it off until push came to shove. Im not proud of it!
Old 04-05-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

PS... Sorry if I offended anyone. I'm trying hard to do the right thing here. I know I've wronged people in my family and professionally by keeping this secret but my stability, family and financial depended on it.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Get clean for your child.

Once you have that baby, as they grow, they watch you. They see all you do. And one day, they start asking questions like Mommy why do you drink so much or Mommy why do you take all those pills?

Don't let it get to that point.

Congratulations on quitting. Take these nine months to get yourself right, ask the tough questions to yourself about your addictions, so you can enjoy motherhood sober. It's such a gift.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi CleanforOnce,

I don't think anyone is judging you, I think it's just fear for your unborn child and your dental patients. I guess you could call it tough love.

We (alcoholics and addicts) are not bad people who need to be better, we are sick people who need to get well. I'm sure you are a really good person...just addicted to something that wants nothing more than to kill you and hurt everyone around you in the process.

Are you currently attending 12-Step meetings? Since you had success once, I know you can do it again! You CAN do this! Don't let those Opiates ruin your life.

We are here if you need us. I'm praying for you.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Clean4Once View Post
PS... Sorry if I offended anyone. I'm trying hard to do the right thing here. I know I've wronged people in my family and professionally by keeping this secret but my stability, family and financial depended on it.
Hi Clean and welcome to SR. There's no need to apologize. This is the newcomers' section and it should to be a safe and welcoming place for alcoholics and addicts who are attempting sobriety. So no judgement.

Alcohol is my DOC, but no matter the substance, it's been my experience that time is your friend. This is, things should improve as you get more sober time. There is sub-forum's here at SR called "Substance Abuse" for people who suffer from addictions other than alcohol. You may find additional help there from people who have experienced opiate issues.

Are you exercising at all? Personally, I use exercise as a significant part of my recovery, in particular walking and a little bit of strength training. I've found that even a simple walk each day really helps to keep me more at ease and less anxious. If you're not exercising at all, I urge to you to at least get in a 20-30 minute walk each day. I belief you will see almost immediate benefits.

And keep coming back here, you will find support.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Welcome! I cannot imagine the pain you went through with the loss of a child. Since you are here, you are obviously seeking solutions. Stick around and read for a while. Some use sarcasm as tough love here, please know they all care.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you all for being supportive. I know in time, I should be honest w my husband but 2 years ago he caught me (hence the IOP and counseling)... That was after the drinking. I don't think he would leave me, but I would have a hard time taking that chance. Im glad to be here and appreciate the responses. This and AA are the only places I have right now!
Old 04-05-2015, 09:15 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Alex! Wish you well!
Old 04-06-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Alexis!!
Old 04-06-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks! Onto the positive, Im getting 5 hrs of broken sleep instead of 3! I actually slept all night in the same bed as my husband for the first time in 3 weeks! Furthermore, starting last week, I stopped waking up anxious that everyone around me was going to die. I wonder if opiates (after I hadnt taken them for 7 hrs or so) were the reason for my anxiety over death that started after my son died? I don't know!