Notices

First sober holiday

Old 04-03-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First sober holiday

Going on 6 months sober I'm going on holiday ,, every holiday I have ever been on involved day of heavy drinking and hangovers from hell ,, last year I drank the first night and was seriously ill for 3 days but it wasn't the drink it was the food (lol) I knew I was not right and this was when I started suffering from the anxiety .. Every bloody holiday I can remember I was drunk one night in grease I was drunk and wanted cigarettes so I walked for 45 minutes through a dark desert to a shop I still don't know how I made it back ?. So I have been really thinking about how far I have come over the last few months and I don't want to waste what I have done so far ,,, I was feeling really anxious and pissed off today kept saying why me why did I end up an alcoholic ,, then I realised if I had not accepted I was an alcoholic I would probably be dead ,,, I was so focused on thinking that life was going to get better and all my problems and bad feelings would go when I accepted I was alcoholic but I was wrong ? I learned something from a person in AA he said iam 23 years sober and of course I get tempted time to time . Then I realised its a Marathon not a sprint and I will be working on this for the rest of my life. So I will go on hol and be grateful that I can go and I am still alive to enjoy it ,, from time to time I need to remind myself how lucky I am and that I have been given a second chance. Not a great post but felt like sharing this with you all.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a great sober holiday Aldo

D
Old 04-03-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

enjoy aldo. Just make sure you protect yourself.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great holiday, Aldo!
Old 04-03-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Enjoy your holiday Aldo