Notices

Doing ok?

Old 04-03-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Doing ok?

Well I haven't had a drink since Saturday which isn't too bad usually I will have one (well more then one) in week but not this week. It might not sounds great but was our break up day for easter hols when everyone goes out last night, its good Friday today.....I am driving to the footy and resisted invitations sto meet early and make a day of it etc.....well done me.
The issue though is I might risk a few tonight at home to see how I cope.....probably not best idea but I have nothing on tomorrow so does it matter!!
I may have to think if I want to be sober all time or not
Baby steps though at least are being achieved
Old 04-03-2015, 04:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi cjwat

Really great to hear from you. How are you feeling? Better I hope.

Well done on your work so far! :-)

I hope you take this in the friendly spirit it is meant but ... I wouldn't expect a great deal of cheerleading here for your plan to have 'a few' tonight!

I am certainly not making judgements at all - but you can only expect a certain kind of response from a commuity that aspires to and promotes sobriety, eh? :-)

Well, i really don't want to pee on your fireworks and I hope you have a great night. But surely you can't fancy another aftermath like last week (and the week before). So more than anything I wish you a great day tomorrow, enjoyed in good spirits and good health.

The choice, as they say, is yours......

Best wishes to you and enjoy the footy!

CC
Old 04-03-2015, 04:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah - it matters...if the worries and concerns that bought you here, led you to make 35 posts, and kept you sober all week, are still pertinent to you.

Noone said giving up the booze is easy...but I believe that half 'kinda sorta giving it up' thing is even harder.

It's a common idea that maybe time off the booze has somehow reset us and taught us control.

It's also a common idea to think that maybe we don't need to be totally sober.

Both thoughts are your addicted self trying to suck you back in, cjwat.

D
Old 04-03-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello:

I don't think you need an "experiment" to see how "you cope"...

You know how it ends.

Keep your eye on the prize. Remember what brought you here.

You are doing great and it does matter!!!
Old 04-03-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cjwat View Post
Baby steps though at least are being achieved

Hi.
Drinking baby steps, whatever that means, can easily end up for an alcoholic include a lifetime of losses and misery.
The mystery of getting sober is simple, we just don’t drink, even if our A$$ falls off. It’s the time for an alcoholic to take positive action because we are battling some serious odds which most don’t win.

BE WELL
Old 04-03-2015, 07:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

I agree with D & Ioaa2
Old 04-03-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I read this and it really struck home. "If your an alcoholic you shouldn't drink. If your not than you don't need to." I got my answer pretty easily
Old 04-03-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Read your thread from last week, remember this? because I remember responding to it:

After my comments last week, I went all week no alcohol etc, I used to drink about 3 times a week......twice binge!!
All was fine but yesterday went away for a relax break and we had dinner, I decided a bottle wine for us both, which turned into several pints after , I feel so uneasy on my feet today, disorientated etc, I have had shakes and paranoid to hell AGAIN!
Why have I don't this again, will I be ok? What can I do to releave the ssues today? I have had lots water im peeing every twenty mins, any help please
Thank you, will I be ok though I think I might die etc its silly!! my brain feels like it has shrunk and I cant walk proper!! I am so scared I need to stop drinkin for sure. Going for a sauna now in hope might help