Notices

Quick post

Old 04-02-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quick post

For those that may remember me, I am doing ok.

I don't log in very often because I sold my laptop and only have a work station as far as computer use at home goes. The only reason I am posting now is because I am working on a project at home which makes me "online", so I see all of the internet once again.

Cutting ties with constant internet access and "social" networks, has done much for me in my recovery.

I am no longer constantly online, and have to meet and understand people away from their "online" persona, which is pretty strange these days.

But it is working for me. I figured out the last thing I need is a constant distraction in my day to day. I am not talking about SR, I am talking about the whole internet fascination... It's a great communication tool, but it sure does waste a lot of peoples time again, not talking about SR or it's members...

I just don't want to socialize through a computer anymore, it is so make believe no wonder I drank so much. Having said that, please notice where I DID post tonight. It was with you, my people who are fighting the same fight I am.

To be honest, it makes me feel a little sick lol
Old 04-02-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Mikie
I'm glad you're doing ok.

I'm still excited about the internet - so much information...right there. Amazing.
Then there's places like SR...magic.

I hear you tho - and I'm glad you're taking the steps you need to to enjoy your life Mikie
Old 04-02-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree about the internet Dee, until being social becomes a thing. And I have said it a few times, I am not talking about SR. At work I use the internet all the time, but one I am home, the last thing I want to do is sit at a keyboard and interact with people in that way. I once again feel a need to point out I am not talking about this forum and all it offers.

Once this home project ends I will be silent again, much more things to do with my time than type on a keyboard
Old 04-03-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great to hear you're doing well Mikie!!
Old 04-03-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff Mikie & yes i remember you