Notices

last chance

Old 04-01-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

The problem with using alcohol to dull the pain is there's always the moment when it wears off and the pain is worse and the thirst for more is unbearable. Please stop the cycle and detox safely. We'll be rooting for you.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hey MM, it sure looks to me like there are quite a few people here that care an awful lot about you. Please try to listen them. This thread is very real. I'm relatively new here, I just try to support, but these folks obviously care about you, your wife, and your little one.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MarathonMan View Post
Scott - a few people called me a dick I never said they were wrong....even drunk I kmow im abhorant. Today was too much for me so im very drunk but tomorrow i'll start the climb up the mountain and hopefully end up at shangri-la....i just hope michelle & jake will be there with me.
So now you are at 8+ weeks on a binge. Cmon man, take some action, the rest of your life may depend on it.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Look at all the responses; you have many in your corner who will continue to support you so try to give yourself as much worthiness as so many on SR are doing. You need to do decide what your priorities are among the four biggies of your family, your job, your health, and alcohol. You can choose all of the first three or the last one.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

You know, I have had my own losses while I continued to drink on anyways. At first, its like a goddamn drama and a guy wonders if he'll actually pay the consequences for not quitting, because it hurts more to not drink. And then as things continue to slide into hell, so does all the drama, and soon enough you find yourself waking up in ditches and in parking lots and in hospital emergency rooms. This is the last bit of drama left. Soon enough even that gets old and uncaring. Not much left to do except die drunk or get sober.

I feel for you Marathon. I remember you here at SR last year and you were struggling. I think you're past struggling now. Giving up on living is a real final consequence of chronic alcoholism. There is no cure for this that I'm aware of anyways. Only quitting, and living again can save you. Do it now. One way or the other, you'll quit drinking anyways, if you follow my meaning. Make the right choice here Marathon.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:58 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Robby - you're right I was here last year struggling. Also right about quit or die. Youve always been a favourite poster of mine, glad you wanted to comment on my personal experience.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:04 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Marathon, I believe in you. I know it hurts to be sober, but believe me, it can be worked out and then the hurting stops. Seriously. Make it happen, friend. We all had to start somewhere in the nightmare to end it. We can't wait for the rainbow to appear before we act. I wish I had something better, I just don't. Life hurts like hell sometimes. We do our best, and know we're standing on the shoulders of giants before us. Believe in yourself, and you'll do right by it. Your a good man, Marathon.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:39 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

My wife has agreed to come back, on the pre requisite that she can go bome while im at work and throw all the alcohol out of the house and next drink = divorce.

Didnt really want to but seems im going cold turkey after all, if it gets to bad i'll have to go to the doctors. Tried to explain this will void a huge life insurance policy but i don't think she believes me and thinks its an excuse.

Hey ho onwards and upwards....day 1 today.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:55 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

....you're a lucky man.

Live for her and your kid now, while you've got the chance.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:59 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Also thanks for the support from everyone last night, it must be hard to try and reason with someone who isnt listening. Ive just read back all the post though and appreciate every person who took the time and tried to help.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:46 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Good to see you in a better frame of mind today.

Seems like you have a lot of work to do; safe detoxing, dealing with an addiction, repairing relationships...

I'd be inclined to make some lists today. And keep in mind that you are aptly named. Very little changes overnight. Sobriety is a marathon, not a sprint. Prepare accordingly.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:02 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Not much to add here except my life didn't change till I changed my life. I did lose everything job, fiance the trust and respect of loved ones. But I am slowly building everything back up. It's amazing how much easier life is sober. For the first time in a long time I actually like myself. Give yourself that chance.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:58 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Tried to explain this will void a huge life insurance policy but i don't think she believes me and thinks its an excuse.
She's right...it is an excuse. Please see a doctor if you have any issues.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Been on an 8 week bender. My wife told me this morning ive got to quit. I told her i need ro taper as was getting physical withdrawl last time. She said i can do my taper but the next drink past my lips after that and she is divorcing me and taking our baby with her.

I'm so sad and broken and still not sure i can do it, inhonestly think im going to end up loosing my family over this yet im still desperate to get home and drink even as part of a taper.

I would give the world for a do over, if i could have my time again things would be so different.

Booked in to see an addiction councilor but not sure i have the heart for it any more. Maybe will be best if she gets the baby away from me, the least i could do is save him from a life of having me as a dad.

I cant believe that once upon a time i had hopes and dreams and it ended up like this.
Forget the taper man.... do whatever it takes and do it now.

This is a pivotal moment.....

What do you really want?

"I would give the world for a do over, if i could have my time again things would be so different."

Is this true????

THEN MAKE IT HAPPEN. There is no excuse. It's your choice. YOU CAN HAVE YOUR TIME AGAIN.

But you have to choose it and you have to make it happen.

Throw the word taper out of your vocabulary and get down to business. TODAY.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:08 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi scott - easy to say its an excuse but that life insurance is worth half a million and we've paid a fortune over the last 8 years keeping it running. If anything should happen to me ever i wanted her taken care of properly is all. If i need to see a doctor i will but it would be a real shame to void that, after i'd get half the cover for treble the price probably. I know people will say everythings not about money etc but financial security if the worst happened is a big deal imo.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:08 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

PS - if that sounds hardline.... it's only because I care about you and I have come to believe I know and recognize in you the same kind of Heart and Love I carry around in my own marathonman body....

I've been there.... looking back, I wish I'd got my sh*t together and just made the choice decades ago.

DO IT.

We're here for you.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Freeowl - I have comitted as mentioned above and will not taper, and it doesnt sound hardline, its helpful advice and i appreciate it.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

know people will say everythings not about money etc but financial security if the worst happened is a big deal imo.
It is a big deal.

It is not your biggest deal.

Focus on the biggest deal.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Tried to explain this will void a huge life insurance policy but i don't think she believes me and thinks its an excuse.
I'm willing to bet you a thousand dollars right here and now that your wife and kid would prefer having you around to a life insurance policy.

Keep drinking.... there's a good chance they'll have neither.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Freeowl - I have comitted as mentioned above and will not taper, and it doesnt sound hardline, its helpful advice and i appreciate it.
good.

sorry.... I didn't read all the replies yet.... got too riled for you.