Notices

day 3, yoga and veges but no booze.. oh my

Old 03-31-2015, 10:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 3, yoga and veges but no booze.. oh my

i am really feeling good, physically and emotionally. it is easier to look people in the eye and talk to them because i know that i am not feeling insecure that they may recognize that i had a few drinks.

i am not feeling guilty nor ashamed that i am hiding empty bottles or shopping at different liquor stores so i am not remembered.

I can not believe that i am on day 3. yes i thought about booze about a hundred times every day but i actually thought about the posts here on SR more often. rather than coming home to drink, i come home to read about how others are and reread how i felt the first time i wrote.

all of those times i felt like crap consider that you need to nourish your body since you have been abusing it for so long. being super strict with my diet so that must be contributing towards the good physical feeling (veges, lean meats, fruits) plus lots of milk thistle, black coffee and green tea.

and i know the yoga is helping. Sweat out all of the crap, breath and just be in the moment. so much better than just being by myself with a bottle
Old 03-31-2015, 10:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not a yoga fan but I'm on board. My body has been angry at me for a long time. Taking steps to reduce that does wonders for....everything. Congrats on day 3! Keep it up
Old 03-31-2015, 10:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i'm on day three after a relapse and just got back into yoga and feel it helping too

so glad to hear you're feeling so well, and i agree with the huge change a good diet can make! good for you.