SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I need to remember (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/363583-i-need-remember.html)

thomas11 03-31-2015 12:45 PM

I need to remember

Let me preface this post by saying that it is simply therapeutic for me and probably will have little value to members, but we are encouraged to post as often as needed.

Its easy for me to remember my bad day Sunday after a Saturday filled with booze. But I also need to remember days like today. Middle of my sober week, just today I've done:

My morning chores
Ran 2.5 miles on the treadmill
Drank plenty of water and a couple good meals so far.
Went to the shop to get some tools so wife can continue on her project.
Paid mortgage
Paid employees.
Top the trucks off with gas.

I'm still slow with work as we have not started yet, but I got these things done by 2PM, now I have the afternoon to myself. This is what a normal life (for me anyway) should be. Feeling good, and confident and productive. Anyway, just posting some thoughts, no real point here. thanks for listening.

ScottFromWI 03-31-2015 12:49 PM

Sounds like a great day to me so far...especially with no alcohol involved!

LBrain 03-31-2015 01:00 PM

great thomas.

Perhaps come up with a task list for Sunday? Instead of having the day off with 'nothing' to do. Give yourself 'something' to do. Just an idea.

Anna 03-31-2015 01:24 PM

Thomas, you're doing great. Getting through the day and accomplishing the things on your 'to do' list is great.

thomas11 03-31-2015 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by LBrain (Post 5293382)
great thomas.

Perhaps come up with a task list for Sunday? Instead of having the day off with 'nothing' to do. Give yourself 'something' to do. Just an idea.

Thanks for the comments folks.

LBrain, I think the most pressing issue at the moment is to come up with a plan for Friday afternoon and Saturday, those are the times that I drink. I'm good on Sunday, no drinking.

Right now some thoughts are going to see my nephews play baseball, go grocery shopping with my wife (crazy), Get my 2 miles in on the treadmill, cook a steak on the grill.

One thing I cannot do is try to entertain myself with music. Its just a huge trigger.

PurpleKnight 03-31-2015 02:49 PM

You can do this Thomas!! :)

Soberwolf 03-31-2015 03:07 PM

Sounds good Thomas

leb 04-01-2015 02:51 AM

Hi Thomas. Please don't think your message is of no value to others. It reinforces my determination to stay sober because I can feel the regret that you have over one slip. I try not to look at too many negative posts but posts like yours here helps me to stay strong. Thank you

IOAA2 04-01-2015 03:55 AM

Hi.
It looks like good results happened as a result of not drinking. Good on ya!

I get concerned when my sponsees haven’t much planned beyond just not drinking. I call it long lasting recovery and that involves work and changes in ourselves.
BE WELL

johnt99 04-01-2015 06:20 PM

A great day, keep it up!