Notices

over it

Old 03-30-2015, 09:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

over it

2 years all gone, 3 week binge and 72 hours sober. Big deal!! I'm a total **** up. No one knows yet, and it doesn't matter. I know and I am a complete waste of space in this world. My kids don't deserve this!!
Old 03-30-2015, 10:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sleeping my life away is my next option
Old 03-30-2015, 10:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I'm glad you made it back, Charliee.

I had to make some major changes and do some very different things in order to stay sober. Do you have a plan for doing things differently?
Old 03-30-2015, 10:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Am I correct in reading that you were sober for 2 years? Those years can't be erased, they've already happened. Just pick yourself up and keep going. What else can you do? Get back out there, sober and fabulous! You're not beaten, you've only just begun to fight.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Beating yourself up does nothing Charliee....actually the only thing it does is make it more likely you'll drink again because of your self-hate.

Learn from what happened instead...make the necessary adjustments to your recovery plan, and move on

D
Old 03-31-2015, 01:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

2 years is great, I am sober 2 weeks. Good idea to come here even though you feel bad. Pick it up and move on. Advice from a newbie
Old 03-31-2015, 01:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

charliee ,
3 week binge and sober again now for 72 hrs , keep on with the sobriety

There must have been situations building and things happening that led you down the road where drinking seemed like an option .

Put a bit of distance between yourself and those 3 weeks and have a figure out at what happened .
Maybe over the last 6 months things have changed ?
did you move away from support ?
did you take on too much now you were "fixed" ?
did you start romanticising it ?

These are all the kinda things that for me raise flags in my head ..

I hope you carry on with sobriety , in a life of soberness ahead 3 weeks won't seem so bad when ya 78 looking back , you'll probably be wise about it and use the experience to help others

Bestwishes, m
Old 03-31-2015, 01:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by Charliee View Post
2 years all gone, 3 week binge and 72 hours sober. Big deal!! I'm a total **** up. No one knows yet, and it doesn't matter. I know and I am a complete waste of space in this world. My kids don't deserve this!!
You most definitely are NOT a waste of space.

Your 2 years are not gone, whether you like it or not, you did 2 years, they don't go anywhere. Own them, you did it.

You relapsed and as hard as this is you will get thru this. You already KNOW you can do this because you have done it.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The back end of a 3 week binge, 72 hours sober -- is a LOUSY FEELING PLACE TO BE.

Been there.

I'm glad you're here. What you're feeling right now is going to pass and you're going to open into a much better space. You were two years sober, so you know you can do it.

The rough thing about alcohol and addiction is that it gets worse and worse and worse....

But the beautiful thing about sobriety is it gets better and better and better....

You're making the right choice coming back to sobriety.

WELCOME

Old 03-31-2015, 02:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Welcome back Charliee. I remember you. I was sick and depressed for 3 days off of 3 drinks so a 3 week bender will probably take a little more time to recover from. You will recover Charliee.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Charliee

Well, you are a human being and they don't seem to make 'em perfect. 6 billion of us meandering about the world, every one blemished, B-stock - and rather amazing too!

So you fell off the horse. Two years sober proves you have genuine strength and resolve. Look after yourself and watch it come back!

At day 17 I am in awe of anyone who can do 2 years.

Take good care and be kind to yourself

CC
Old 03-31-2015, 02:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Charliee View Post
Sleeping my life away is my next option
Seems unlikely your children deserve this option any more than they deserved the drinking option.

There are other options. The choice is yours.

Welcome back to the fight of your life.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Charliee
I'm sorry that you had a slip. Don't beat yourself up, because you can't change the past. But please, talk about it here. Tell us exactly what happened. What you were thinking and what you would do differently now?
I ask for very selfish reasons. I'm just over 6 months and occasionally have those stupid thoughts that I could have one or two. And then it's stories like yours and others that bring things back into focus for me. Those stories get me to realize that no I can't do that. It helps me to stay on track. So please, turn this into a positive.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:50 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I agree with what Mecanix first stated.....something must have happened in your emotional or physical life. I know you will figure this out and you will move on by making some type of change. You matter. Your life matters. I'm glad you made it back
Old 03-31-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

you came back here charlie for a reason. You've got all of the tools to succeed, you've proven that with 2 sober years. i've never had 2 years but each time i relapsed i let my guard down. i quit coming to SR and let myself forget how devastating drinking is for me.

you can do this charlie.i have faith in you.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:08 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Do your best

You can do this Charliee
Old 03-31-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Charliee I'm back after a long time. Things were going so well. We had another baby (somehow I can just turn that switch off while pregnant, wish I could lear how to do that while not pregnant) then postpardum depression got me. I slowly started drinking again. It was starting to get bad so I found my way back here. All our time is not gone, I don't know about you but I learned a lot in that time.

I hope you'll come back too!!
Old 03-31-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Not a waste of space. I think what Mec said is great.

It's easy to say hang in there and not beat yourself up but I'm saying it anyway. You're feeling the low of coming off the drinking. 72 hours is great. And you had 2 years! Two whole years! You know it can be done. You can choose to keep going, instead of laying in bed, as tempting as that may me.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Charliee.

I'm sorry about these recent events but great to hear from you. It sounds like you suffer from depression right now... are you doing anything to address that, or could you? Reading your posts over time, it appears to me that depression and alcohol abuse are closely interconnected for you... why I am asking these questions.

Also, please don't go away after a few posts if you can. No one is going to judge you here or ignore you. We all have our own issues and I think sharing and supporting each-other can sometimes take things beyond/above boundaries we have not imagined and experienced before.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:54 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Go at things again Charliee!! You can do this!!