SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Being tempted....... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/36334-being-tempted.html)

sh777au 08-18-2004 10:58 PM

Being tempted.......

Hi...it's Simon again.....I don't know where to start..
Firstly, I tried Pot for the first real time about nearly two weeks ago....which was stupid! I'm 36 yrs of age & have been diagnosed with Paranoid Psychosis & Clinical Depression but I have recovered from depression thanks to medication which I continue to take.
I did Pot about 6 days ago & it wasn't a pleasant experience like the first time, but even still I have been craving Pot throughout the past 6 days....
I bought some more Pot 3 days ago, just in case & I'm trying to resist temptation but I don't know how long I can stay clean.....
I'm taking it one day at a time & I haven't touched the Pot I bought....
I'm drinking a little wine today to ease my nerves, but I've never had a problem with drinking & I am not an Alcoholic.....I can't afford to fall agin & smoke Pot as I don't want to damage my mental health.....although it's tempting to try it just once more.....I'm fighting it with all my might.....
I feel double-minded on the issue but I've made tooo many promises to people & myself.....

best 08-18-2004 11:15 PM

If it was me... I would get the pot out of the house.
Out of sight, out of mind. Oh but to just throw it away would be a waste?
Well to smoke it would be a waste for sure. No reason to have it around so may as well flush it.
:sink
as to ... "medication which I continue to take."

We may try to kid ourself and say just a little won't hurt.
When on any medication, all of us should be careful of adding alcohol or drugs of any kind beyond what the Dr ordered.

Some drugs, Rx drugs, well even street drugs for that matter can cause strange things to happen when mixed with other drugs and or alcohol.

Go through the steps, work the steps and just remember to say not today. Even if just for this moment and day.... I will not use. I am saying no.
You have done it, can do it, and saying no moment by moment, day by day... You and I both know you will do it and stay clean and sober.

2dayzmuse 08-18-2004 11:15 PM

I can't afford to fall agin & smoke Pot as I don't want to damage my mental health
Pot is known to cause paranoia in people who haven't been diagnosed with Paranoid Psychosis.

I did Pot about 6 days ago & it wasn't a pleasant experience like the first time
Why use and risk disappointment to yourself and others. Why torture yourself with temptation? Get rid of the pot. My advice would be to flush it. You don't need it. :Flush: Good luck Simon...

Talia

sh777au 08-18-2004 11:40 PM

Thanks for your advice Best & Talia....I will try to put it into practice...