Notices

Relaxing on the couch...

Old 03-28-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Great post. I'm sorry your struggling but that post is my story. What I really want at my core is to be able to drink like I want with no consequences - meaning I can still wake up for work on time, be a good dad, work out, sleep like a baby, and have energy and positive outlook on life. Is that so much to ask???

I've tried for years and years to "figure out" how and the truth is I never have. At best, I feel guilty, anxious, and tired the day after I drink. Drinking changes me. That's why I do it. It changes the way I feel and see the world. It also changes me to the negative. So I can drink - and feel better short term and feel even worse long term. Or I can deal with life as it truly is and have good days and bad days - but be at the mercy of feelings and emotions.

I think the trick is getting better at dealing with the feelings and emotions so there iS no reason to drink. Everything will already be ok. But, when those negative feelings arise (and they will) I must have a positive way to deal with them that isn't drinking.

Easy to acknowledge - hard to follow. Hence why I only have 9 days sober.

Best of luck!
Old 03-28-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know I'll get this figured out. I have to!
make a plan and start working it today Pinot

D
Old 03-28-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

For me when the plan wasn't working, it was time to change up the plan, take drastic measures to make Sobriety work, make tough decisions, whatever it took to make Sobriety happen!!

Revolutionising my whole lifestyle was what I needed to do, new routines, new habits!!

You can do this Pinot!!
Old 03-28-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope this time you are successful at staying sober.