Notices

Udates/questions

Old 03-27-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
levonhelmrules

Udates/questions

Hello all!

I have made it to the 4.5 month mark of sobriety. It has not been an easy road. Lots of anxiety, PAWS symptoms. At about the 3.5 month mark I was doing Jiu Jitsu and hurt my back. About that time I finally started to feel like I had a handle on my anxiety and fears, etc. a few days after I injured my back I had trouble lifting my left ankle up, and I had excruciating leg pain. I had to have a microdisectamy. I am now 3 weeks out of surgery and I feel like it causes pain and weird numbness symptoms. I have spoken to my doctor and I was assured all is well and most likely it's from them manhandling my S1 nerve during surgery.
I feel like it has started my paranoia all over again, and I'm feeling doomsday like about my body. Can anyone else relate? Thanks for listening to my rant.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry about your health Muddywaters i have had an ongoing ear infection for 5.5 months and counting and alopecia for around the same

i am nowhere in any pain but i can relate to the ongoing of complications but worrying does us no good just keep up the good work and keep your apt

Congrats on the 4.5 months
Old 03-27-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on 4.5 months, sorry to hear of your injury. I can definitely relate to the health anxiety thing...mine comes and goes too, seems like is somewhat cyclical. I don't have a solution yet to share, but I get where you are coming from.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
levonhelmrules

Thanks you guys. Just people relating helps me more than I could describe.
On a side note, I was also told I should give up doing Jiu Jitsu professionally, as well as teaching. It's like I'm loosing myself and my body is falling apart. Either that or I drank enough I didn't notice my body falling apart during all the years of punching/kicking/wrestling.