Notices

just a little check in at day 13

Old 03-27-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up just a little check in at day 13

Dear all

Firstly, I have really got a lot out of this forum, both through your encouragement and from the opportunity to encourage others. It has been great.

I find I want to contribute to EVERY thread but simply don't have the time to do so. I have been very moved by the stories on here though and send my best wishes to each and every member wherever you are in your journey.

For my part, I have had many 2-week periods of sobriety in the last few years, so in a way this is nothing new. But it has been different....

Previously, I have used these hiatuses as a chance to desperately get a bit fitter, lose a bit of weight and be 'ready' for the next big night out. I haven't felt so much urgency this time, perhaps because I have no big nights out planned!

As a result, weight loss, fitness etc have come more slowly - compounded to some extent by a persistent cold and an old sport injury.

But, despite that, I am sitting here today very pleased to have had a couple of sober weeks behind me (nearly!) I am looking forward to a weekend already filled with family plans - no thought of any alcohol despite a big social occasion being involved.

I have days where I feel that it is inevitable that I will drink again in some form or another and days when I KNOW it is not inevitable. I am not thinking about forever too much though, but planning the future in chunks that feel manageable.

I have already planned this weekend and next and neither involves alcohol so I guess I will just be sewing one 2-week period of abstinence onto the next.

I have had tough days and good ones too. They have all been better for being sober though and my trajectory is upwards.

I was going to post tomorrow at 2 weeks but will be busy all weekend.

So, once more, thanks for being here and showing kindness and honesty to johnny-come-latelys like me!

I really cannot say at this early stage that I have successfully given up alcohol. But I am certain I have given up some important lies about myself and my drinking - lies which have persisted for a long time. So I guess the rest is up to me.

Thanks again and have great weekends, one and all

CC
Old 03-27-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 2 weeks chordcowboy - this can be the start of something great

D
Old 03-27-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello:

You sound very even keeled and content. Like it has clicked. So great. Once I knew, it started feeling different. I don't think about forever either. It's too much, plus we could be dead next week, who knows. I am happy to see you acknowledge that it has been hard at times. That is something I am really watchful of. I don't want to get complacent.

Keep the positive feelings going. You are getting great momentum.