Notices

6 days sober

Old 03-26-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 days sober

Hi,

I'm a new comer here and in a state of complete fear.. I've been sober six days due to the help of anabuse.. Didn't realize my alcohol and drug abuse was a huge problem until I turned 30 and realized I was the only one still partying too hard and unable to stop.. I have combined depression and anxiety disorder, and alcohol was (is) a way for me to cope with the stress caused from both of these issues...although now it's doing more harm than good.. Luckily, my alcoholism has not affected my job, as that seems to be the only place in my life that I am succeeding.. Emotionally I am a train wreck. I feel totally alone, even though I have the support of my friends and family. I feel like I'm bothering them tho, when I talk about it, but it's all I can think about. I am completely consumed with my recovery and am obsessing over it. I want to talk to my fiance about it all the time but I feel like I am annoying him. I am getting married in 3 months and I am so completely overwhelmed with that as well. I'm currently on "vacation" in NYC and have finally realized how effing hard it is to be sober. Not one person in any restaurant I went to didn't have a drink. My fiance has gone out without me tonight because I think he needs a break from me and all my problems. He has become close with a girl in his class at school and I am so completely and utterly jealous. I think he likes her because she's just easier to be around then me. Because I am a drunk, and now I'm dealing with NOT being a drunk and it's so freaking hard. I need a break from ME and there's no way out of it. I just want to stop causing him so much stress. I want to start my marriage happy and carefree and I just can't get away from whatever demon chooses to follow me around. I just want to feel some relief... and I know it will get better but right now I feel like I'm going to crawl out of my own skin. I'm feeling paranoid because I have zero confidence in myself.. I don't know if anyone's listening, and I'm sorry for ranting but I just need some where to let it out where I won't be inconveniencing anyone I know and where people might actually understand. thanks for listening..
Old 03-26-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome! This forum has been a great source of support for me and anyone with an addiction. Congratulations on six days sober. This is a great start!
Old 03-26-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Strangeangel, 6 days sober is just FANTASTIC, congratulations, rootin for ya.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi strangeangel. l'm 27 days sober and it does get better each and every day.
Welcome to SR. This a great place to start. Many Knowledgeable and loving people.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome strangeangel and congrats on 6 days. SR is a great place to come to and discuss sobriety and recovery. We can relate.