Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Coming off a 10-day bender, tapering and getting clean and sober for good.

Notices

Coming off a 10-day bender, tapering and getting clean and sober for good.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Uni, what it came down for me is, the whys didn't matter. What I needed to do was take command of the situation. I could not do so on my own. I needed medical intervention. Alcohol detox has potential to be fatal. Don't mess around. take command. Get to a doctor and get the arms you need for a safe detox.

Then, you need an plan. But first things first. OK? You've got a good mind left so far. Don't mess it up.

Love from Lenina
Old 03-27-2015, 03:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
Unibex, I think many of us were not ablle to taper down. Perhaps your best move would be inpatient, at least for detox. It was the best thing for me. Getting detoxed and moving into recovering. All good things stemmed from there.

Honestly. The rest is just Addictive Voice convincing you you're in control when clearly you've lost it. We are here for you, you've got our support. We understand. Please. Take the next right move and see your doctor. We want back among us.

Love Lenina
Sorry but where I live the system doesn't work as well in the US. They won't even give me valium worth say 20mg to get over the initial detox even I pleaded, unless I involved the law which requires just too much energy. The medical professionals mostly mean good but things don't work here as well as in the states once more. It sucks here.

*****ing system here. A nice doctor might actually prescribe me 10mg valium which would work since valium is perfect for detox, it helps the kidneys and relaxes the aorta and internal organs, including muscles. Anti-convulsive as well... Yet I bet they'll just tell me straight to "go to hell".

edit. not 20mg, but 200mg to 100mg total valium.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

All in all. I really miss my life. And I want this **** to end. This madness, uncertaintly, confusion, brainfog, pain.... whatever you want to call it.

I wish i lived in the US, it would be so much easier to hold on to my foundational rights. As I know law quite a bit too. I also know what I am rightful to inquire or ask of medical professionals, it is the law and they have to do it if I ask it. Knowing law is good, we have a lot of rights you know?
Old 03-27-2015, 03:43 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

''I hated the fact that I'd not done so much I personally find so valuable in my life''

You can start doing things with your life if you put down the bottle.

Wishing you lived in the US and blaming the system in your own country is a waste of the energy which you could be channelling into recovery.

Come on Unix, get off that sh*t and become the person that you yearn to be
Old 03-27-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

There can be no progress, no growth if you're still drinking Unix.

I got lost in dark eddys of my own mind - not a great place to be and entirely circular in nature.

First step is put down the drink. That's a universal truth, no matter who you are or what country you live in.
If you can't do that on your own, or you fear withdrawal, see a Dr - it's the best way to go.

Drs in your part of the world are not unacquainted with your/our problem.

D
Old 03-27-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I've burned in hellfire because of this problem, and possibly the problem is alcohol.

You appear to be a thoughtful, introspective traveler in search of their place in the Universe and unwilling to live on the 'surface' of life.

There are many Universal Laws and Truths, one being the process of "Sowing and Reaping".

You'll ultimately need to decide if alcohol is bringing you closer or further from the legacy you wish to- and deserve to- leave.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

You just need to simply commit to recovery again. Dust your shoulders off and see a Dr. to help W/D's safely if tapering hasn't worked. Therapy, inpatient, outpatient, SR, and 12 step are a lot of other options to look into.

You can do this!
Old 03-27-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting Unixber. I used to feel the same desperation towards the end of my drinking. When being drunk no longer was an effective solution to forgetting how crappy everything had ended up I found myself in a real predicament. You never have to feel this way again. Getting sober is not easy, but it beats the pants off of the way I felt when I felt like I had to drink all of the time.

I never used to believe the people who told me that life can get better if I stopped drinking- I used to think those people were idiots. Now I am giving that same advice to you. Drinking is not helping you feel good and you CAN stop even if you don't think you can.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:30 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Unix,

Just checking in to see if you are doing okay. Are you still around?
Old 03-27-2015, 10:46 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by UnixBer View Post

All problems can be overcome with courage and action. .
I wish I could agree....sometimes this just suck for no reason at all.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

You can do this Unix!!