Notices

Rejuvenate yourself! Weekender Thread Mar 27 until...

Old 03-29-2015, 02:44 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Morning all. Morning K, M, and S. Was awoken at 8am by the sweet dawn chorus of angle grinders outside our appartment. Waterworks...again! Still, not as bad as a hangover!

I like the sound of living near the sea Mx.

B
Old 03-29-2015, 03:15 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Good morning weekenders!

Living beachside sounds nice mecanix....,I've never seen those bikes so I'm gonna look that up. I need to know about these things.

We've got house guests for the next few days so this morning's quiet time is especially nice. I'm gonna make buttermilk biscuits for everyone later.

Speaking of beachside, it's time to hit the gym......gotta keep myself presentable in board shorts and considering the number of biscuits with honey I plan to eat, this may take a while!

Have a great sober Sunday gang.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:04 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Good sober Sunday morning weekenders!

Hope everyone wakes without a hangover. If you didn't then this moment seems as good as any to recommit. Get back at it. What went right? What went wrong? What's my new plan? What can I do differently? Maybe speak up first?

Not much on the plate today. Seeing my old friend at noon. Staying on my diet today.

K
Hey Weasel...hope that your friend is doing better. I'm trying to eat a bit healthier too. I got a little off track on my diet this past winter. Having an omelet w/ bacon, potato patties, and some toast this morning. I should be eating egg whites and a piece of fruit. Oh well...it's Sunday...
Old 03-29-2015, 04:07 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Good morning lovely lot! I just popped off the bus friday to buy some barley sugar (sick travel)...next thing was me seeing the back end of the bus shooting off into the distance...i shouted 'stop...stop...wait for me...' but nothing. Lucky for me i am good at thumbing a lift! So phew...here i am - back on board - with sweeties...

Yes this thread sure does move fast! ...find it quite hard to join in...but that's ok...I read, smile at the banter/antics...even spurted my coffee at times at some of the things... So, just saying thank you for this kind of 'company'... Been quite a hard weekend for me...but, actually I am 42 days sober today - and it's my first go (but aiming it be my last!)...how's about that then!?

Anyway...plan for today includes...meditate/gym/complete application for a job (maybe!)/continue planning my new pergola in the garden...this 'll involve wrapping up (its rainy and windy here in usually sunny Devon)...much measuring of wodden posts, and the really hard work of sitting and 'looking' at the spot it'll be in - with many cups of coffee in hand, and...keep popping my nose into SR...especially to see where I can squeeze my toe into this thread ...

I know...too long a post for this speedy moving crowd...but, i'll learn! Happy Sunday to all x
Old 03-29-2015, 04:08 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Up with the proverbial Chickens with Italian-strength Coffee in Hand.

The local Cell Tower is being overloaded during Peak Periods, and connection speeds bite. So, I had to leap outta Bed at o-dark-thirty to download our Estate Docs that we're updating, and 2014 Taxes being filed electronically. Easy peasy off-peak. Ironically, the Cell Tower that's line-of-sight in the middle of nowhere by our Western Ranchette zips right along speed-wise. Not so many Foofs on iPhones over there as there are here in Off-Campus Housing Land. The Feds subsidize trenching in Rural Wired connections, and it supposedly won't cost us anything for the ~1,000' run to our Gate and the nearest Phone 'Box' there. Your Tax Dollars at work. Blazing Fiber Optic just got laid ~1 mile further up the Road. Then, we can stream Video through a 'Roku' Box, and skip all these Wireless 'overload' issues. They ain't makin' any more Bandwidth, so these problems are likely to continue. Our Cellphones are fo evah, of course.

House packing, and other fun Guano today. Great Weather!

Dem Biscuits that fromadistance mentioned sound mighty tasty about now...

-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Homer + Biscuit.jpg (54.3 KB, 51 views)
Old 03-29-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Littlebear( my son used to love a show called that) no posts are ever too long! Just do what I do (I was intimidated at first) jump right in and say whatever you want to say. No one gets upset when things get off track because the beauty is there really is no track! The pergola sounds lovely!
Old 03-29-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey littlebear ,

good goin' with the 42 days . The length of your post is fine , mine are always longer too … reading along with the chatter is fine … as long as we pay attention to new people like yourself who are trying to get through the difficult early days.

Thats why Weasel and I started this weekend journey after all .. to show what a sober weekend looked and felt like , to encourage ourselves through , to give people a place to come and check in if they didn't feel like posting on the main board , to affirm sobriety is possible and that it actually gives you a great sober life if your willing to work at it that is better than the drinking experience

A bit of chatter and experience from the sober people , and a bit of a reminder from new people as to why people with some time do what we do

all are welcome *ring_ring* come join us in ringing the freedom bell ..

m
Old 03-29-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

OMG, 20 pages of posts! (I think we were on 7 when I last looked in.)

10 hours of making the taxes yesterday. Some very nice folks. The last guy, though......OY! 20 minutes late, obnoxious demeanor, dumps his unopened mail on my desk, and then chews his gum like he's half bovine for 40 minutes while I sort through his stuff. Decides he has forgotten 4 or 5 needed documents and leaves. Normally I hate presenting the bill to people because I think we charge too much, but in his case I am looking forward to it. Putz.

First client yesterday was a nice woman in her 60s, but at 10 in the morning she reeked of booze. I wanted to walk her to her car and mention that I know of a better way. Just don't feel like that's my place. Maybe I should try, though? Maybe all it would take is one person to say something to make the difference for her?

Glad the thread is rocking. So much HOPE here.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Good Morning, Weekenders! I just love reading these posts. Glad to see so many interesting things going on in your lives. ♡ Thanks
Old 03-29-2015, 05:19 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Good morning Chloe!
Old 03-29-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Morning, fellow passengers. Boiled water on my new gas cooktop this morning! The new kitchen is almost done and I am ecstatic.

Have a work problem facing me, had people in from all over the country all last week for meetings. Friday our key local employee didn't show up and I was told he was out drinking with the gang the previous night and they lost track of him. 10:00 he texts me that his dog had an allergic reaction and he had to take him to the vet. How to deal with this is weighing on me.

But get darling grandson for the day so I will deal with work tomorrow!

500 by noon CST?
Old 03-29-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

I am so glad your kitchen is almost done! Pics????

Enjoy your grandson!
Old 03-29-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Weekenders
Old 03-29-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Good Morning, Soberwolf!
See ya at Interactive Games...so much fun to play!

Della, Thank you, too, for the Good Morning shout out! ♡
Old 03-29-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=BernieE;5288741
Friday our key local employee didn't show up and I was told he was out drinking with the gang the previous night and they lost track of him. 10:00 he texts me that his dog had an allergic reaction and he had to take him to the vet. How to deal with this is weighing on me.

500 by noon CST?[/QUOTE]

Happy Sober Sunday! (love those words)

The best thing about quitting drinking is not having to make up elaborate excuses that no one believes anyway....................
Old 03-29-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday all, this is my first weekend sober in a while!

Its a little frustrating as I have picked up a cold earlier in the week, so a bit tired and groggy, so I am not feeling as fresh and energetic as I would like. I know after a few more weekends I will be feeling better and better though. I want to wake up early on a saturday and sunday and take on the world, It's a nice feeling. Although this weekend is certainly more of a lazy one.

When I look at more recent weekends out drinking, I realise how I feel now is so much better then it was on previous sundays.

I recently decided to do a marathon in 5 weeks from now, that will support my sobriety until that point at least, and I can't remember the last time I did 5 weeks, so it's going to be a long time for me, and I can feel confident being sober as I have a strong reason to not drink alcohol to people at work.

This afternoon I am cleaning my room up properly, cleaning out draws and having a bit of an early spring clean.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I love sober weekends. I don't have to spend the first part of the day feeling like crap, and the second part of the day working on the next day's hangover. There's so much time to get stuff done!
Old 03-29-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

I know my house had never been so clean. I just really want to get outdoors!

Hi George!
Old 03-29-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Checking in this morning. I'm glad it's a sober sunday. I had a horrible dream last night that I drank. I was in a bar scene with my husband's family and a beer was placed right in front of me. It just struck me how easy it is to pick up when in that environment. *shudders* At least it was a dream.

I have more studying on the docket today and am sort of freaking out. I am on top of everything, but it is just a lot of stuff and I'm feeling overwhelmed.

Chloerose-that is so cool you went to Tombstone. I've never been to tombstone, but I've been in Bisbee, AZ. The entire town of Bisbee gave me the creepiest vibe. I once met the Ghost Adventure people while at the Vegas airport. Speaking of cool haunted places, I got a little lost on a drive yesterday. I ended up turning on this road that had intact, but broken down houses. I was half tempted to peek in the houses.

Lbrain-that was a pretty insane KY versus ND game. I felt bad for ND too. I just hated how biased the announcers were.

BernieE-allergic dog reaction? That is a new one. That is great that your kitchen is finally coming together.

Non-I would stay out of your customer's business with the drinking. While I think it's great you want to help, many people resent being helped until they're ready.

Fromadistance-you didn't bring biscuits for all of us? Seconding mesaman's biscuit reference. The funny thing is since soberleigh brought up that from a distance song, every time I see your name, that darn song runs through my head.

Behan-your story reminded me of this

Last edited by strategery; 03-29-2015 at 06:36 AM. Reason: forgot to add about basketball game
Old 03-29-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Let's here it for George89! Welcome to sober weekends.

I'm feeling some tightness in my right achilles tendon. Maybe take a day off and just stretch. I took the winter months off from the gym - reasons vary depending on which one of me you ask.

mex - the beach bike thing sounds cool, never saw one - I was picturing huge wheels like the ones that float. But wondering if this is what you mean below...

It looks like Russia is a go. She wants to go to Crimea just to see what all the fuss is about. Don't know how my visa will get me into Crimea for a couple days just to explore. By the way, it is gorgeous country, sub-tropical rainforest with hiking and great beaches. Same thing on the other side. She has a property and some business things to take care of. The ruble took a nose dive the last couple years so we either unload a property just to get rid of it or hang on hoping economy recovers. I vote for unload...

My grand plans of working outside are still on hold. It was 20 degrees this morning. But I can't wait too long before I cut into a tree that is invading my space.
Hope you all have a great Sunday. GO MICHIGAN STATE! Big IZZO fan here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
beachbike.jpg (21.9 KB, 25 views)