Notices

Rejuvenate yourself! Weekender Thread Mar 27 until...

Old 03-28-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Oh how I love the teased weasel! !
Old 03-28-2015, 03:07 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Trachemys - the radio show I listen to on Sat mornings is being broadcast from Claxton in Georgia this morning. Who knew that the world has a fruitcake capital
Second to them is Benson's Bakery. They both make little fruitcake loaves, maybe 3 X 3 square by 10" long. Presliced. As far as I know those two are the only fruitcake worth eating.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Saoutchik ~

Ya busted my Chops! I rented the full Kilt Gear for a Gal Palz Wedding in Ed_din_burrrrrrrrrrrrrr_rah. Breezy. I liked the Commando aspect. Except for the 'ancillary effects' of very chilly Weather that day. 'Life ain't borin' when you're packin' a Sporran' ~ Me

In other News, what's left of my Memory recalls that Paula Abdul was 'The Fly Girls' Dance Choreographer on 'In Living Color'. That Show got lots of Folks started. My kinda edgy...

I'm lovin' reading all the fab Guano goin' on here this Weekend. We're away later to Dinner at a local Pub that's been around fo evah. With Friends; my Former Boss and Scotching Partner. Lemonade for me, since Da Wife is the Designated Drunk. I'm through the Sobriety Tunnel at this point, and simply Lovin' Life on the Far Side of it. This HFA Pal has the 6th 'most important' Coin Collection in the U.S., and has moved on to collecting items like Bullion that you see recovered from Shipwrecks on 'National Geographic' Shows. A Retired Millionaire many times over who's slowed down his consumption in Old Age as many of us have. He's also a Master Gardener who doesn't toke, but grows legal Pot just to muck with it. 60 Mason Jars full of it now in his Basement. Cheech & Chong's version of what the Vatican is to a Catholic.

Alcohol and Depression took this Lead Singer, but here they are in their prime. I'm always mindful of having been spared that last Alcoholic step off that same Cliff, a la 'Wile E. Coyote'.

'In A Big Country' ~ Big Country ~ Live

-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Kilts & Balls.jpg (59.6 KB, 39 views)
Old 03-28-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hes not from Belfast he's from Glasgow , but grew up in Belfast! I'm a pedant! Oh and LULU could take down William Wallace I wouldn't mess with her
Old 03-28-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Update: oven roasted salmon in a ginger, chilli and lemongrass paste, roasted potatoes; rocket, tomato, and beetroot on the side. Quick and Damn tasty.

B
Old 03-28-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

How are our newbies doing tonight??? Any troubles we can help with?

I had a kind of tough day but I went to the mall to get out around people. See faces. Have them see mine. Try not to look like a grump. Cannot walk a mall on a saturday night looking like a grump. Too many younging about. They need to see smiles!

And you? Smile... i just feels better.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Court jester

Originally Posted by Behan View Post
Update: oven roasted salmon in a ginger, chilli and lemongrass paste, roasted potatoes; rocket, tomato, and beetroot on the side. Quick and Damn tasty.

B
And here I was stoked to go to Taco Bell tonight.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bmac View Post

And here I was stoked to go to Taco Bell tonight.
LMAO...I am actually a fan of their chicken quesadilla..
Old 03-28-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

BUt, they're so easy to make!
Old 03-28-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Trach... good to see you. Always

And I happen to agree... B... thats some meal!!!
Old 03-28-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Court jester

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
LMAO...I am actually a fan of their chicken quesadilla..
I realize that Taco Bell is to Mexican food what Chef-boyardee is to Italian....but I do love it!
Old 03-28-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Trach I make them a lot on my grill but once in awhile I like to be bad.

Bmac I also happen to enjoy Spaghetti' O's with those tiny meatballs.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

I like taco bell. But there are none near me. Chef boyardee is ok but have you seen how much sugar is in it? Eek!!

Fed the kids chicken nuggets and fries. With sliced apple to make me feel better. That salmon sounds divine, Behan. I had a taste for black bean tacos. Something with lime in it. But I ran out of steam to remotely do anything but sit here. Trying to motivate my two young sloths to help clean up around here but no dice. I feel like I've been yelling all day.

Strat, it's a bit uneventful around here with no Mr. Ruby but that's okay by me.

I called my mother and we have plans for tomorrow now. My brother's birthday is next week so we are meeting in Chinatown for dim sum. My sister in law will pick the place and do the ordering so we will be well and authentically fed. My kids will be hungry afterwards. But not me. My daughter will eat but son will be saying "I don't want that."

Saoutchik, you can come visit your daughter. That will be fun.

Time to switch out the laundry. I second or third the call out. How's everyone doing? There is an open AA meeting tonight with pizza afterwards because it's the last Saturday of the month but I think I'll skip it. I'm tired and want to toss kids in bed now. But as it's 6:20 and still light out I shall settle on yelling at them while getting the house clean.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Play who is the dude in the middle. I don't know. My dad took this photo pre 1975 since it's Faces, but he can't recall if he ever knew who the middle man is. Thought maybe the music people would know
Old 03-28-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Now look here TomTom,

I am posting from the capital of Scotland - LONDON - so I know what I'm talking about.

OK actually I have forgotten what I was talking about but that's not the point. The point is...well something else so there

Also - I've seen a documentary - it turns out that William Wallace was actually an Australian called Mel so there

Your right about Lulu though

She should be the next queen
Old 03-28-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Here's the other pic in full also taken by my dad. I think they're fun. My dad did some cool stuff back in the day.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Taking a quick break. Have the U of A vs Wisc game on while studying.

Della-I love the teased weasel too. I am always looking for an excuse to bust it out since it's so cute.

Bmac-Is taco bell now off the menu? I hope you get your chicken quesadilla. Have you tried their breakfast?

Behan-spinning classes are pretty much an indoor cycling workout with music. They burn a lot of calories. Your dinner sounds wonderful.

Trach-mmm....fruitcake.

MLD-the U of A vs Wisconsin game is really exciting. Are you watching it?
Old 03-28-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
I also happen to enjoy Spaghetti' O's with those tiny meatballs.
Ha! Della... we both do like crap food! What about double stuff all beef ravioli... now in Fat Free! WOW!
Old 03-28-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Strat, you could start an entire teased weasel thread.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strategery View Post
I love the teased weasel too. I am always looking for an excuse to bust it out since it's so cute.
"He" is so cute... He ... He... not "it"! I am right here Strat. I can hear you!