SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 9!!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/363093-day-9-a.html)

aimeeharri 03-26-2015 04:55 AM

Day 9!!!

Hi....This is my first time using this site and i'm hoping it will help support me through the challenging journey ahead. I'm 28 years old and been heavy drinking for the past ten years, trying to block out problems and ease my daily anxiety associated with an awful experience in my past when I was attacked, raped and left for dead. Alcohol has always been my crutch to cope with my feelings.
My family and friends know I like a drink but don't think I've got a problem, it's hard getting support and especially my partner is a heavy drinker, I'm worried this will push us apart.
It's day 9 now and I feel alright, the withdrawals are not as bad as previous attempts to stay sober. I'm restless, achy and go through bouts of anger but I think this is all normal :)
how is everyone's journey going?
xxx:tyou

Komplex 03-26-2015 06:00 AM

Hi Aimee! Congrats on making it 9 days, that's great. I am new here and on day 4. I'm very determined. Withdrawals haven't been unbearable, but most certainly present. For me the emotions and anxiety have been the worst, so far. Hope to see you around!

Soberwolf 03-26-2015 06:32 AM

Welcome Aimee nice to meet you exellent work on day 9

Your doing amazing keep up the good work

Mountainmanbob 03-26-2015 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by aimeeharri (Post 5282905)
It's day 9 now and I feel alright
I'm restless, achy and go through bouts of anger but I think this is all normal :)
how is everyone's journey going?
xxx:tyou

thank you and congratulations on your 9 days
truly, I still remember when it was hard to get 9 hours (very hard)
your past sounds to be a hard one
I drank heavy when I lost my first wife in an accident
believe me, it only buried deep what I should have faced head on
please, keep coming back and share often, if willing
MM

johnt99 03-26-2015 06:49 AM

Welcome Aimee. Congratulations on your decision to stop drinking. I'm on Day 10 so I can relate to some of what you're going through.

LBrain 03-26-2015 07:13 AM

Welcome Aimee. 9 days is a great start.

Joyseek 03-26-2015 07:15 AM

Hi there! So glad to see your post. Today is my day 9 as well. I totally relate to how you are feeling. I've been experiencing a ton of emotions coming out as well. It's like since I've stopped drinking I am no longer numb and all the old things and judgements of myself are flowing out from 20 years of stuffing it down with alcohol. But it's good, I'm allowing myself to look at them, feel the pain and try to release it. It feels cleansing but hard. Just keep focusing on yourself right now. Keep going!

Justincredible 03-26-2015 07:33 AM

Welcome to SR. Congrats on 9 days. :)

Rustynails777 03-26-2015 08:04 AM

I'm 3 weeks today. It feels great.

Just remember the hangovers, the crappy feeling, Shame. Guilt: money wasted.

As for people who drink. I make sure I'm. It in a situation where there might be booze. Although few days ago my wife had a few glasses of wine with her friend at our dinner and it was like nothing for me.

So hang in there .

GhostFace 03-26-2015 08:36 AM

Hang in there. I got myself in a big mess due to drinking and I'm ashamed to even post.

neferkamichael 03-26-2015 09:05 AM

Aimeeharri, 9 days sober is just FANTASTIC, congratulations, rootin for ya. :egypt:
http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8202530_f520.jpg

PurpleKnight 03-26-2015 03:59 PM

Welcome to the Forum Aimeeharri!! :wave:

AutumnWillow 03-26-2015 04:14 PM

Great job in Day 9, Aimee!

waywardson8260 03-26-2015 07:31 PM

Congratulations on nine days! I have been sober for a little over two months now. There are ups and downs, but I've made a good start on my recovery. Good luck on yours.

Dee74 03-26-2015 08:38 PM

welcome to SR Aimee :)

D