Notices

1 week down.

Old 03-25-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Hey! Mystified, that's me in your signature

Congrats on a week.

Flynbuy, I think drinking can seem to be a solution to a problem, then it is the problem - to which the solution is to stop. There's room for us all to win, here. That's just more complicated than it needed to be.
Yep biminiblue. Credit where it's due. I didn't just want to quote you once and say 'succinctly put'
Old 03-25-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

1 Week is fantastic!! Keep it going!!
Old 03-25-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Way to go. That's a big deal!
Old 03-25-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
p***enger

Fabulous, mystified! Stay in the sober solution!
Old 03-25-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post

Flynbuy, I think drinking can seem to be a solution to a problem, then it is the problem - to which the solution is to stop. There's room for us all to win, here. That's just more complicated than it needed to be.

Did not realize/read this was your signature.........But, I stand by what I posted and really do not think it's complicated Bimini.

For me,(which is what my original post stated - not for anyone else) alcohol was the solution to problems in relationships dealing with honesty and empathy. Problems of fear - of the unknown, of failure of death. Alcohol numbed the pain for a bit - took away that fear, anxiety etc. Simply removing alcohol did not address the problems, for me. I believe this is important for newcomers to consider and that is why I posted it.

Not sure why you stated there is room for all of us to win......never posted or implied otherwise. Perhaps you posted that in flush thinking I was attacking your signature somehow - which I was not. If you perceived it that way, I am sorry you did. If you'd like to continue this dialogue please send me a pm. I would have done that, but you put me on the defensive in an open post......

Most importantly - Mystified, congratulations on 7 days and the start of your sober journey. It is indeed your journey........