Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Sure didn't miss the hangover today. Cant say same for friends.

Notices

Old 03-22-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Boy I sure don't miss those all day sunday hangovers. First friend rose from his grave around 11am to tell me how bad he felt. Then I dropped by the neighbors around 2pm and they were both wiped out on the front porch with one of them crying about getting bad blood work back on friday and spent several minutes listening to someone that drinks almost everyday all of sudden preach moderation. It was sad but comical at the same time. Not as sad as his brother that lives with me that is going in for throat cancer surgery next week and is smoking pot as I type this.

Wow. Need to find ways to get the human brain/body addicted to good things. I've drank most of my life so these past few months have been like being on the outside looking in. Really crazy to see all this and to think I was right there with them.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Court jester

Just a thought bro, but I would get the heck outta that place as soon as possible. Way to much negative energy in your place.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hangover free Sundays are fantastic!!
Old 03-22-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bmac View Post
Just a thought bro, but I would get the heck outta that place as soon as possible. Way to much negative energy in your place.

I totally agree, but alas I can't. I own this house, wife won't move and I don't want to go anywhere. The dope smoker doesn't actually live in this house but lives with my dad in his modular home but it's on my property. Speaking of negative energy, you don't know the half of it lol. Dad was a lifetime alcoholic and is now in a wheelchair due to a broken hip that he got when he fell, while drunk. I only have to see dad twice a day for a brief period and both times I get updated on all the geopolitical doom and gloom end of the world stuff. I doubt he will be around for much longer. I told my friend he could stay there until dad. I made that agreement when I was also drinking, wish I never had but i'm not kicking him out now.

As far as the neighbors go, we are friends and have dealings going on---mechanic work, etc. so that's not going away.

I always said if I wanted to quit I could, regardless of all this bs. I haven't drank anything in over 3 months now. Trust me though, if it weren't for the complexities of this situation i'd be long gone. I live in the country, there are just a huge amount of alcoholic rednecks here. Heck, there's a retired catholic priest on the corner and I just seen a jager machine box in his trash last friday lol. This place is like escape from alcatraz for alcoholics.

Another huge deal is the fact i've gone from over 270lbs down to almost 250lbs in that 3 months. The neighbors were trying to convince themselves to move a pile of bricks and I told them I'd help them while I was there. Took about 6-7 minutes. At the end of it I was fine, they were both grasping for air. I can't recall how many times I would exert myself while being drunk and grasping for air over the simplest of things it's a wonder I haven't had a heart attack by now.

Well I gota run, tv and lounge time. Thanks for the advice, if I could I would. I'll be ok.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done....3 months is great!
Old 03-22-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dog69 View Post
I totally agree, but alas I can't. I own this house, wife won't move and I don't want to go anywhere. The dope smoker doesn't actually live in this house but lives with my dad in his modular home but it's on my property. Speaking of negative energy, you don't know the half of it lol. Dad was a lifetime alcoholic and is now in a wheelchair due to a broken hip that he got when he fell, while drunk. I only have to see dad twice a day for a brief period and both times I get updated on all the geopolitical doom and gloom end of the world stuff. I doubt he will be around for much longer. I told my friend he could stay there until dad. I made that agreement when I was also drinking, wish I never had but i'm not kicking him out now.

As far as the neighbors go, we are friends and have dealings going on---mechanic work, etc. so that's not going away.

I always said if I wanted to quit I could, regardless of all this bs. I haven't drank anything in over 3 months now. Trust me though, if it weren't for the complexities of this situation i'd be long gone. I live in the country, there are just a huge amount of alcoholic rednecks here. Heck, there's a retired catholic priest on the corner and I just seen a jager machine box in his trash last friday lol. This place is like escape from alcatraz for alcoholics.

Another huge deal is the fact i've gone from over 270lbs down to almost 250lbs in that 3 months. The neighbors were trying to convince themselves to move a pile of bricks and I told them I'd help them while I was there. Took about 6-7 minutes. At the end of it I was fine, they were both grasping for air. I can't recall how many times I would exert myself while being drunk and grasping for air over the simplest of things it's a wonder I haven't had a heart attack by now.

Well I gota run, tv and lounge time. Thanks for the advice, if I could I would. I'll be ok.
THIS is exactly what it means to live life on life's terms. We don't get to choose a lot of the things in our lives, but we can choose how we react to them. What a healthy attitude you have. Keep on carrying the torch.