Notices

Recovery community needed daily forever

Old 03-22-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

SR keeps me focused on the task at hand, a daily reminder of how bad things can get, and how much lies my mind can start to sell me if I don't keep an eye out!!

Team SR!!
Old 03-23-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Dear folks,

I am truly overwhelmed by the wonderful responses to my question about daily participation in SR:

Zeppodog and JoeCree's correlation of SR absence with relapse; DoggoneCarl's mention of a relapse after five years;

Haennie's recommendation of consistency in good habits; Scott's abstraction of daily SR to daily cognizance of sobriety; Courage2's regularity of intent; Silentrun's linkage of mental health to SR; Bmac's scorched earth approach to accountability;

the generous impulse to serve in Dee, Least, and Thepatman functioning as a kind of magnet for their continued presence; Groundhog's and LBrain's confidence that one can develop an internal barometer that knows how much and when to participate, Dayonesober's mention of accountability and self-honesty; Venecia's frightening reminder of Hoffman's death and David Carr's experience;

Della1968 claiming the picture of a stunning model is actually her;

EndGameNYC's caution that recovery strategies are dynamic and not easily summarized in a simple answer; and Anna rounding things off by reminding us that--"hey, SR is inspiring in itself, and we like it!"

As several have noted, the test is simple and I will conduct it: you are going to see me around for a while if not longer. When I drive you all crazy with my constant talking and by never exiting, just remember: I took your advice!

Mel
Old 03-23-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
SR keeps me focused on the task at hand, a daily reminder of how bad things can get, and how much lies my mind can start to sell me if I don't keep an eye out!! Team SR!!
P. S. and Purpleknight with the bottom line!
Old 03-23-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Mel12 View Post
When I drive you all crazy with my constant talking and by never exiting, just remember: I took your advice!
Looking forward to your presence and your participation!