Notices

My first real challenge begins in 30 minutes

Old 03-21-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Adventurer

First what is purple garlic.? Second no pasta sauce needs wine in it ever in my opinion. Third I understand not tossing all the booze my wife still has a wine rack full and she would be pissed if I touched it.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I understand why you guys would say to stay away from any alcohol at all and I can't argue. I do enjoy cooking though and a lot of yummy things are flavored with alcohol.

Does it mean I'm drinking if I eat something with alcohol in it?

The voice I used to get was "you're a alone! You can drink and no one will criticize you!" And so I drank. And then I'd drink alone in my room and watch internet videos and be to scared to come out and face people.

I don't want to do that any more. It's in my head now. Drinking screws me up. I don't like it. Others don't like it. I hate it.

If I ask for the beer to be removed that probably isn't a problem, but there is a wine collection in the house which wouldn't be removed so it seems a moot point. I have to learn to live with alcohol around me. It's a pervasive thing.

I hope I'm not coming across as making an excuse because I feel I haven't done anything wrong.I didn't even think to drink any wine when I was cooking. It was an ingredient.

If I were that bad I would have to throw out my soy sauce and mouth wash. And hand sanitizer. All contain alcohol.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I dunno Drunkendonuts. While you could get really sick on if you drank while on the antabuse, guess what? If you drink today, you will also feel sick since you're tolerance is not going to be what it used to be. You always had the decision to drink on it or not. Keep on remembering you can do it and stay sober!
Old 03-21-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sva777 View Post
First what is purple garlic.? Second no pasta sauce needs wine in it ever in my opinion. Third I understand not tossing all the booze my wife still has a wine rack full and she would be pissed if I touched it.
Purple garlic is just garlic which has purple skin. It's locally grown here and seems extra garlicky.

I know you can make pasta sauce without wine and I've done so before. I guess it was in the fridge and I just wanted to use it.

Was a brilliant sauce BTW
Old 03-21-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

DD, I have been reading your posts for awhile. You can do it. If you are really committed to sobriety, you can tough it out. Trust yourself, be an adult. Be responsible. You can do it. Seriously, you can do it. Don't obsess over alcohol. Its not worth it.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Originally Posted by DrunkenDonuts View Post

Purple garlic is just garlic which has purple skin. It's locally grown here and seems extra garlicky.

I know you can make pasta sauce without wine and I've done so before. I guess it was in the fridge and I just wanted to use it.

Was a brilliant sauce BTW
Well that purple garlic sounds excellent I doubt I can get it in NY but maybe.. I get what you mean about alcohol is everywhere, my wife has a full wine rack and I don't touch it. I am pretty sure she would get rid of it if I was stealing from it though.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Go dig me up some opals and box them up for me. That will keep you busy lol.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sva777 View Post
Well that purple garlic sounds excellent I doubt I can get it in NY but maybe.. I get what you mean about alcohol is everywhere, my wife has a full wine rack and I don't touch it. I am pretty sure she would get rid of it if I was stealing from it though.
Looked into it a bit more... The purple garlic is hard stemmed and they grow it in Texas as well. Hope you can get some. It's awesome.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dog69 View Post
Go dig me up some opals and box them up for me. That will keep you busy lol.
Instead of opals you might want to Google oil and coober pedy. Invest wisely
Old 03-21-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Instead of opals you might want to Google oil and coober pedy. Invest wisely
Interesting, but i'll take the opals please. LOL. Just a hobby of mine. Not sure how the oil find will play out. First off shale oil is way overrated. Right now extraction costs are going thru the roof. Not only that, the world is awash in oil. So much so, they are literally running out of places to put it yet no one is cutting production. I'm no expert, but I know more about it than the avg. joe as I do own some oil leases.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I love the Drunkendonuts thing, lol. Do you have dunkendonuts there? Here in my town, Leavenworth,ks (sister city to some place in Australia but can't recall name, the local donut shop is taking over single garage car wash systems and using them for drive thru donut shops it's pretty cool.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

I don't know why I'm not triggered by the stuff in the house. Just glad I'm not.
Hi I'm like you DD in that I have had a bottle of red wine in the rack for years and I'm not tempted. I also had a lot of beer in the fridge until I gave it to the garbos at Christmas. I know for a fact I won't drink them, but when someone left cider in my fridge after they left I made a point of getting it out of the house asap. We're all different.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post

Hi I'm like you DD in that I have had a bottle of red wine in the rack for years and I'm not tempted. I also had a lot of beer in the fridge until I gave it to the garbos at Christmas. I know for a fact I won't drink them, but when someone left cider in my fridge after they left I made a point of getting it out of the house asap. We're all different.
Yup, we are all different. If I had beer in my fridge I would get rid of it because of temptation but my wife's wine doesn't bother me. I dunno why..